E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > BMWCCA - Boston, 2014 Concours d'Elegance Event - Sunday August 10, 2014

05-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

Thumbs up BMWCCA - Boston, 2014 Concours d'Elegance Event - Sunday August 10, 2014

I am the co-chair of this event and I would like to invite all BMWCCA
Members to attend the 2014 Concours d'Elegance Event sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury. This year the event will be held on Sunday August 10, 2014 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (http://larzanderson.org/). That means you have all day on Saturday to get your BMW ready!!! (Please note the Larz Anderson Museum lists this event as BMW CCA Day.)

Last year we had over 100 BMWs and one Mini participate. This is a judged event so entry of your car will need to be chosen by you as to which entry class you wish to participate in. The entry classes are noted on the BMW CCA Boston Chapter web page as is the scoring sheet we will use to evaluate your car. If you have any questions about choosing which class to enter your car, please let me know and I will assist you. Also, note that we will have a "Display" Class which will be judged by the attendees and will not include any formal judging.

First timers, don't be afraid to enter a judged class, I will help you understand what to do.

Here are the event details:

BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d' Elegance -sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury
Sunday, Aug 10, 2014
9:00am - 2:00pm

Event Registration:
Registration opens June 1st

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

More information and pre-registration is available here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=741

Please pre-register for our event to help us get the cars parked faster.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

MJM
      06-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
I am the co-chair of this event and I would like to invite all BMWCCA
Members to attend the 2014 Concours d'Elegance Event sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury. This year the event will be held on Sunday August 10, 2014 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (http://larzanderson.org/). That means you have all day on Saturday to get your BMW ready!!! (Please note the Larz Anderson Museum lists this event as BMW CCA Day.)

Last year we had over 100 BMWs and one Mini participate. This is a judged event so entry of your car will need to be chosen by you as to which entry class you wish to participate in. The entry classes are noted on the BMW CCA Boston Chapter web page as is the scoring sheet we will use to evaluate your car. If you have any questions about choosing which class to enter your car, please let me know and I will assist you. Also, note that we will have a "Display" Class which will be judged by the attendees and will not include any formal judging.

First timers, don't be afraid to enter a judged class, I will help you understand what to do.

Here are the event details:

BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d' Elegance -sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury
Sunday, Aug 10, 2014
9:00am - 2:00pm

Event Registration:
Registration opens June 1st

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

More information and pre-registration is available here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=741

Please pre-register for our event to help us get the cars parked faster.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

MJM
Even though I have absolutely no chance of winning anything, thinking of entering my 335i. It's a great show and a great place to show off your car and talk BMWs. Figure, why the heck not.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebamf335i View Post
Even though I have absolutely no chance of winning anything, thinking of entering my 335i. It's a great show and a great place to show off your car and talk BMWs. Figure, why the heck not.
First we are very happy to have you join us. I will say, many before you have made similar statements and then surprised themselves as their BMW was awarded in their class ("Clean" or "Super Clean"). Check out the requirements for each of these classes and let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to assist you.
      07-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Bump, anyone going this Sunday?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Unless I'm missing something, this event is Aug 10th.. still a month away?

I didn't think I would win anything last year either but was very surprised to win the late model BMW prize. I don't expect to win anything this year either but some very nice cars were there last year and some guy came all the way down from Quebec for this show.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Unless I'm missing something, this event is Aug 10th.. still a month away?

I didn't think I would win anything last year either but was very surprised to win the late model BMW prize. I don't expect to win anything this year either but some very nice cars were there last year and some guy came all the way down from Quebec for this show.
Yes you are correct, it is Sunday August 10th. We already have 19 BMWs pre-registered for the event. I hope everyone planning to enter will pre-register as this is a judged event not a Cars & Coffee type of event.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
      07-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Hmmm I should probably sign up for CCA and show my car...wait so basically my car is judged on how much I pay someone to detail it?

Last edited by Torgus; 07-08-2014 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Whoops. Completely jumped the gun there. See you guys there in a month.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #9
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Hmmm I should probably sign up for CCA and show my car...wait so basically my car is judged on how much I pay someone to detail it?
I am concerned about your statement possibly dissuading BMW CCA members from participating because they may think this is what our event is all about.

While we can't disqualify anyone who has their BMW professionally detailed in advance we try our best to level the playing field as much as possible as I will outline below. Furthermore, having been a BMW CCA member for many years and having been involved in this event for a while, I can tell you that it is extremely rare for any of our members to have their BMW detailed by a professional shop for this event. Most everyone takes pride in taking care of their own car. This week alone I have had calls from three members asking me for help understanding what they need to do to their BMWs as they prepare them for our annual Concurs d'Elegance event.

Let me try to explain what we do to make this event as fair as possible for everyone. First, we have three different classes to enter "Clean", "Super Clean" and "Concurs". I won't go into detail on the "Concurs" Class as no one can pre-register for this class and we must inspect the car onsite to determine if it is suitable for entry into this class. Also we won't have just one car in that class because then there isn't any competition. (Last year we had none.)

The difference between "Clean" and "Super Clean" class is that additional areas of the car are judged. Therefore in "Clean" we only judge the Exterior and the Interior. In "Super Clean" we still judge the Exterior and the Interior using the exact same judging assessment. However we also add the Trunk and the Engine Compartment to the areas judged.

Then there are three separate groupings in "Clean" and in "Super Clean" they are: "Vintage" and "Modern" and "Late" (as in Late Model). Each of these three separate grouping within each "Clean" and "Super Clean" class will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner.

Mileage is considered a bonus (the more you have) as is the age of the car. Here is how we do it:

Bonus points are awarded as follows:
1. One point for every 10,000 odometer miles; up to a maximum of ten points.
2. One point for every ten years of the car’s age (model year is base rounded down); up to a maximum of 5 points.

(Please note: all scoring sheets and General Rules are available for download on the Event Web Page: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=741)

So even if a person has their BMW professionally detailed, he or she only competes with other cars of the same vintage in his her respective class. Then mileage points and age are factored in.

I hope this helps everyone feel that we try our best to make this a fair competition.

To everyone: please consider entering your BMW if your passion is taking care of your Ultimate Driving Machine and showing everyone your pride and joy! We will have hundreds of BMW enthusiasts who will come just to see all the beautiful BMWs.

As always, if I can answer any questions about our event, please let me know.

MJM

Last edited by MJM; 07-08-2014 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #10
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
I am concerned about your statement possibly dissuading BMW CCA members from participating because they may think this is what our event is all about.
That was not my intent. Just trying to learn more about it, that is all. Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like a great event and I will probably be there, albeit not 'competing' most likely.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #11
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Sounds like a great event and I will probably be there, albeit not 'competing' most likely.
Torgus and everyone: For those that want to attend and show your BMW but not be judged, we will accommodate as many BMWs as possible (based upon parking capability and arrival time) on what the Larz Anderson Museum calls "Lawn B". This is the lawn area across the main roadway into the Larz Anderson, across from the main lawn oval area, closest to the street. This area will be designated for "Display Class" for BMWs that will not be judged.

We will be supporting an open ballet for attendees to vote for their favorite display class BMW and we will present an award if that person is present at award time.

Only registered BMWs to be judged will be allowed to park on the main lawn.

MJM
      07-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #12
MJM
United_States
Rep

Hi everyone! Have you registered yet? Remember this year we will only be parking cars that will be judged on the main lawn of the museum. Display only BMWs will be parked on the lawn across the main roadway. Please consider entering your car to be judged in the "Clean" or Super Clean" class when you pre-register.

We are also expected to have these three great vintage BMWs attending (and being judged). I hope you can join us. As always, if you have any questions about our event, please let me know.
Attached Images

07-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #13
MJM
United_States
Rep

We have 35 BMWs registered to be judged already!!!

Thank you to all who already registered, this will help us host another great event.
      08-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #14
MJM
United_States
Rep

We now have 43 BMWs registered for the event. We will also be joined by gorgeous 2003 Black Z8 Alpina and an 2014 Estoril Blue M235i. I hope you can join us for this great event.

Online registration closes at midnight on Sunday August 3rd. Please help us host a great event for our members by pre-registering online as soon as possible.

MJM

Last edited by MJM; 08-01-2014 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #15
MJM
United_States
Rep

Hi everyone, here is the terrific AccuWeather hourly forecast for our event on Sunday. Certainly looks to be prefect weather!! I hope you can join us.
Attached Images

Last edited by MJM; 08-08-2014 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: Update image
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
MJM
United_States
Rep

We have the awards ready for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each judged class. Only one award for Display.
Attached Images

08-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #17
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
My car isn't quite show worthy but I'm really interested in seeing others. I'll likely be attending as a spectator.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #18
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times View Post
My car isn't quite show worthy but I'm really interested in seeing others. I'll likely be attending as a spectator.
Maybe you should come and park in the "Display" class area as BMWs here are not judged. I am happy to have you attend either way.
      08-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #19
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #20
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
Edit: there are a lot of people here

Last edited by 2Times; 08-10-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #21
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times View Post
Edit: there are a lot of people here
Did you enjoy the event today? Please PM me with anything you feel we need to address next year.
      08-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #22
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
Quote:
Did you enjoy the event today? Please PM me with anything you feel we need to address next year.
Definitely awesome seeing that many different BMWs in one place. The owners were all super nice. I took a look inside the museum too which was very cool. Thank you for putting this together, I'll be attending next year also. I'll actually park on the lawn next time

Couple pics I took (some with my DSLR, some from my IG account):

I took several pics but uploaded a few here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...94809124769585

Appreciate 0