E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > VA Resident Buying in MD

11-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #23
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3333555

I'm looking to lease a 335i this weekend... from what i though when you lease a car you get one fixed rate.... i didnt know they change from time to time. so now my question is how do they detirmen the rate? and what's a acq fee? and why are some ppl paying $1000 over invoice and some half of that? I live about a mile away from fairfax dealership... i had no idea they had another one is sterling or passport. any tips or hints for a first time buyer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #24
HeadlessChicken
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

I started this thrad months ago. I ultimately went with Passport. Used Peter Brizan. He was very easy to work with and I highly recommend him. I just picked up my 335 e90 several weeks ago. Passport has sponsored the DC meet the last two times. They deserve some credit for supporting our cause. I would not say pay extra because of this, but since they are almost always the best priced, and support our group, I think they should always get the knod, all things else being equal. The only down side was having to get the car inspected when I got it back to VA. No big deal really. I live in Arlington but work in Tysons so I will likely use Fairfax for routine service. If its a big repair, I would likely take it to Passport, who are two blocks from a Metro station. If you want Peter's info, PM me and I will send it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #25
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios_jr
I'm looking to lease a 335i this weekend... from what i though when you lease a car you get one fixed rate.... i didnt know they change from time to time. so now my question is how do they detirmen the rate? and what's a acq fee? and why are some ppl paying $1000 over invoice and some half of that? I live about a mile away from fairfax dealership... i had no idea they had another one is sterling or passport. any tips or hints for a first time buyer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much
Doesn't matter what dealer...again, you need to fully understand leasing and all the intricacies to get the best lease rates/payments etc. Please do extensive research if this is your first time. You can start by searching the many threads/topics that cover leases and different accounts of various fees/payments.

Passport is repeatedly referred by many of us here for their no-hassle best pricing policies and great service. They deal on volume and have a big allocation (always have timely build slots open) so they are not concern in squeezing the prospective buyer for everything they can. Aside from the straight-up xxx over invoice pricing, they don't strap BS fees onto the car's final price. Case in point, their low $100 processing fee includes your choice of mats and various small amenities on top of the obvious paperwork. They have cool CA's there, for e.g. Joern Esser (area's famed top ED expert) and e90post supportive CAs like the cool Yves Badji, the knowledgeable Peter Brizan (Internet Sales Department) and experienced Mohammed Ifshar.

PM any of us happy passport customers for additional detail. GL with your car purchase.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #26
jase700
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i (coming soon)

I am a VA resident and just ordered from VOB in Rockville. I was treated very well and would highly recommend their Internet Department (Angela Decint). they actually came in cheaper than Passport on my quote.
Appreciate 0