E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hurricane Sandy - Got my car back from insurance

01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #133
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I hope you're satisfied with the job they do and then you can finally relax and try and forget it ever happened
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #134
SmoothStyle1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinser View Post
it's at the dealer. essentially making it look better than it was before i even gave it to insurance. as of now, costs are totaling $7k (all new parts, not used), and nothing out of pocket.

I've used my own attorney and sought outside help, but same conclusion. Can't take it to court because it was a 3rd party company who did the "stealing," not my insurance itself. They have the contract with Copart, not me. So insurance deals with Copart if they want their $7k+ back.

I'm very well "over" this whole debacle. Just waiting for the car back looking to be 100% and will move on. Just going to keep it and use it at the new vacation home. Will post pix when I get it back, hopefully next week.
It will never be 100%. It has salt water damage in the electrical system. Get rid of it.
Appreciate 0