E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Someone just reversed into my freshly wrapped m3 :(

12-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Someone just reversed into my freshly wrapped m3 :(

So in the car park and someone just reversed into my freshly wrapped m3!

Wheel took most of it. But 2 panels are damaged so repair will be bumper re wrapped, and the large rear wing panel, wheel I guessed replaced, poss could be re furbed but don't want and tracking maybe?

Her rear bumper was worse.

So, she's called her insurance co and admitted fault, and says I have to contact mine and they will sort it out.

Now do I have to contact mine? Can't they deal directly with me?

Will I have a no fault claim logged against me when I re insure?
      12-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 435i

Urgh

Sorry to see that buddy. It always happens when your car is minty fresh, some S reg banger just reverses into you.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
skelts
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Gutted for you mate, same happened to me a week before christmas but the f**ker drove off to leave me to come back with the paint taken off my rear bumper

Yours is worse due to it needing to be re wrapped. If she has admitted fault i would wait for her insurance company to call you, no need for you to inform yours. This was the case a few years back when i got rear ended. Their insurance ended up doing a straight forward bank transfer.

Audi RS5 - Sold
BMW 640d Gran Coupe
BMW F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

That's messed up! You only just had the baby wrapped! Why can't people learn to drive!! Sorry to hear this mate, I'm sure she'll get treated in no time !
      12-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Fucking stupid b1tch!!!....hope she burns in hell.....

you got some good tyres!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
savgeax
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport

Someone drove into me a few years ago. The following happenend:

* Logged it with my insurers who started the ball rolling. Offering me a hire car, a garage to get it fixed etc. They were then going to send the bill to the insurance co for the guy at fault.

* I then received a call from the guy at fault insurer. They wanted to do everything themselves and offered me a car, work done etc.

I went with his insurers as the hire car was better.

Unfortunately....when it comes up to renewel and it says "have you been in an accident" and you select "yes" and then "non fault" it seems to add to your quote!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

feel sorry for you mate, about a year ago a stupid white van cunt reversed into my parked car due to which I had to change my rear passenger side door, he did not admit fault, I bought my own door and got it fitted through an indy, my insurance company logged a claim against my name even though I didn't claim a penny off them. My premium went up due to this, when asked I was told that they have stats which suggest that I'll have a repeat incident in the next three years which placed me in a risk category , needless to say took my business elsewhere, but I have a claim against my name
      12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Thanks all. Gutted. It's 3 small scrapes on 2 panels but will mean both need re wrapping!

So she's said I need to contact my ins company. Do I or not? Do I wait and see if hers call me ?

If I don't and report it in a couple of days will that look dodgy?
      12-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
Mwp4me
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Thanks all. Gutted. It's 3 small scrapes on 2 panels but will mean both need re wrapping!

So she's said I need to contact my ins company. Do I or not? Do I wait and see if hers call me ?

Sorry to hear that bad news Nick. No consolation but at least her insurance will foot the bill and not you.

I would tell your insurance, they will then put a note on your file to say they are awaiting contact from her insurance. If they don't hear in a few days then they will contact her insurance.

Good luck with the repairs.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Is the paint under the wrap damaged? Might therefore need painted as well as wrapped so that it remains perfect under the wrap if you want to remove the wrap sometime.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post

Shitty thing to happen Nick,tough luck.

As for the insurance side of things,it's quite a tough call.

What's your gut feeling in regards the women,does she sound legit or not?

As you are no doubt aware, you are obliged to report the accident to your insurance company,however,I can understand why many don't.

If you have the other drivers details,which I hope you do,call them up (her insurers),and see if they are aware of the collision,and if they are,ask if their policy holder has admiited fault,and how they are proposing to proceed with sorting out your car.

If they are unaware of the accident,you need to contact your insurers ASAP,and proceed through them,unfortunately this will no doubt have an impact on your next renewal,but it could be worse.

Good luck.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

I know how you feel someone over this weekend caught my NSR quarter it's a light scrape(I fear done in Stevenage Town Centre Car Park) and looks like it's gone on to the NS door too but having parked in a couple of car parks with their tight bays it could of happened over a 2 day stretch.

Bloody annoying Nick whichever way you look at it hope everything get put back to normal soon.

Another job for the batter weather
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

I would inform my insurance company and make a secondary claim against her insurance for uninsured losses, which would include any loss of no-claims or rises in your premium for the next x years.

As it wasn't your fault this should be dealt with at zero cost to you - this should include your own premium, moving forward from this point.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Ps, should add, very sorry to see this happen - easily my favourite car of the forum, I think if this happened to me I would be inconsolably furious.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #15
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Thats a real shame mate. I was in a not at fault accident a few years ago. I did not inform my insurance as it would affect my renewal. Instead i went through a company that deals with the other party insurer to repair your car at no cost to you. They arrange everything including courtesy car.
Not sure if im allowed to mention the name of the company here. If i am reply and ill let you know.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #16
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

The issue with keeping shtum is that you are failing to declare an accident in which your car was involved; should you be unlucky enough to be involved in an accident later down the line your insurer will undoubtedly argue that your non-disclosure invalidates your policy, as your policy no longer represents your current risk. Sad, but true.

I don't agree with it, but you have to abide by the rules to guarantee cover.

Hence my suggestion that the OP lodges a secondary claim for uninsured losses, which includes future adjustments to policy caused by this disclosure.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #17
scottishpete
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e92 325d m sport coupe

Yeh its a bummer that
You can call there insurance directly and get it sorted
Unfortunately no matter what you have to declare it for next 3+ years and your premium will go up no matter what
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Is the paint under the wrap damaged? Might therefore need painted as well as wrapped so that it remains perfect under the wrap if you want to remove the wrap sometime.
Pretty sure it's not. It's not even gone through the wrap. Kinda of just scraped the wrap. The wheel took the brunt. Kinda lucky I had those 15mm spacers over wise it would be a rear wing need repairing !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Shitty thing to happen Nick,tough luck.

As for the insurance side of things,it's quite a tough call.

What's your gut feeling in regards the women,does she sound legit or not?

As you are no doubt aware, you are obliged to report the accident to your insurance company,however,I can understand why many don't.

If you have the other drivers details,which I hope you do,call them up (her insurers),and see if they are aware of the collision,and if they are,ask if their policy holder has admiited fault,and how they are proposing to proceed with sorting out your car.

If they are unaware of the accident,you need to contact your insurers ASAP,and proceed through them,unfortunately this will no doubt have an impact on your next renewal,but it could be worse.

Good luck.
She seems legit. Has sent me insurers name and number, and the ref number from her incident report. I will call them in the morning and see if they will deal with me directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
I know how you feel someone over this weekend caught my NSR quarter it's a light scrape(I fear done in Stevenage Town Centre Car Park) and looks like it's gone on to the NS door too but having parked in a couple of car parks with their tight bays it could of happened over a 2 day stretch.

Bloody annoying Nick whichever way you look at it hope everything get put back to normal soon.

Another job for the batter weather
Sorry to hear that. It's a bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
I would inform my insurance company and make a secondary claim against her insurance for uninsured losses, which would include any loss of no-claims or rises in your premium for the next x years.

As it wasn't your fault this should be dealt with at zero cost to you - this should include your own premium, moving forward from this point.
Interesting. Will look into that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Ps, should add, very sorry to see this happen - easily my favourite car of the forum, I think if this happened to me I would be inconsolably furious.
Thanks. I was furious. Swearing loudly. Not directly at the girl but not a happy chappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishpete View Post
Yeh its a bummer that
You can call there insurance directly and get it sorted
Unfortunately no matter what you have to declare it for next 3+ years and your premium will go up no matter what
Know I'm going to have to declare it, and pissed but ok with it. Just rather deal direct now, and not involve my ins.

On the upside I may get my tracking paid for that I needed after fitment of the coilies. I think they would stump up for tracking considering the damage to the wheel?
      12-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Jay1314a
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Sorry to see about your m3 mate one nice car
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #20
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: van

sorry to hear this Nick. same happened to me pal. a white van reversed into me in my old 325 and this put my insurance up a few hundred quid. on a lighter note was she fit?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9188
sorry to hear this Nick. same happened to me pal. a white van reversed into me in my old 325 and this put my insurance up a few hundred quid. on a lighter note was she fit?
Gutted mate, and no!
      12-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Ah no way man.

I'd call your insurance company asap. You cannot rely on the 'honesty' of other people when it comes to these matters.

Did you declare your vinyl wrap and wheels btw?

As already said, any claim on your insurance fault or not is counted for the next 5 years.
Appreciate 0