E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #1871
rubdom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW

OK all files sent to those that requested via email. Let me know if you need anything else.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #1872
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Ok ... I'm really out of ideas.

I went through rubdom's VO. The only difference was $2XA - the paddle steering wheel, which I have added and removed the others. The rest of the VO is almost identical (fortunately, we both seem to have E90s with similar build dates). He has some options I don't, but none that should be impacting the functioning of paddles, unless I need to add something weird like sport seats or sport suspension to my VO.

Comparing our FSW_PSW dumps, here is where we have differences:

- 62BMO: VMAXCODIERUNG_MSD
- ABG: EAM_TIMEDELAY_CD_C22, PARAMETERSATZ_0_CD_C22
- CAS: KLASSE_BATTERIE, ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR, VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_1, VERRIEGELN_XKM/H_SENDER_1, LAENDERVARIANTE_BNDB, SEL_ZV_SENDER_1
- FAS: KA30A_C_AUT_SITZV_1, KA30A_C_AUT_SITZV_2
- IHK: EINBAUORT
- KOMBI: BC_2_ENABLE, BC_LIMIT_ENABLE, GPS_UHR, RDC_ALIVE
- NFRM: UNP_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_CKM, ALC_KENNLIN_LWR_SENSOR_VO, ALC_KENNLIN_LWR_SENSOR_VO, ALC_LWR_VORZEICHEN, ALC_OFFSET_LWR, LENK_UEBERSETZUNG, MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1, TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_1, TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_2, TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_3, UNP_TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_CKM1
- RLS: FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ

....... anybody know what all these are? I somehow doubt they relate to paddles. (BC_2_ENABLE is interesting, though!)
      03-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #1873
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Ok ... I'm really out of ideas.

I went through rubdom's VO. The only difference was $2XA - the paddle steering wheel, which I have added and removed the others. The rest of the VO is almost identical (fortunately, we both seem to have E90s with similar build dates). He has some options I don't, but none that should be impacting the functioning of paddles, unless I need to add something weird like sport seats or sport suspension to my VO.

Comparing our FSW_PSW dumps, here is where we have differences:

- 62BMO: VMAXCODIERUNG_MSD
- ABG: EAM_TIMEDELAY_CD_C22, PARAMETERSATZ_0_CD_C22
- CAS: KLASSE_BATTERIE, ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR, VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_1, VERRIEGELN_XKM/H_SENDER_1, LAENDERVARIANTE_BNDB, SEL_ZV_SENDER_1
- FAS: KA30A_C_AUT_SITZV_1, KA30A_C_AUT_SITZV_2
- IHK: EINBAUORT
- KOMBI: BC_2_ENABLE, BC_LIMIT_ENABLE, GPS_UHR, RDC_ALIVE
- NFRM: UNP_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_CKM, ALC_KENNLIN_LWR_SENSOR_VO, ALC_KENNLIN_LWR_SENSOR_VO, ALC_LWR_VORZEICHEN, ALC_OFFSET_LWR, LENK_UEBERSETZUNG, MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1, TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_1, TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_2, TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_3, UNP_TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_CKM1
- RLS: FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ

....... anybody know what all these are? I somehow doubt they relate to paddles. (BC_2_ENABLE is interesting, though!)
Umm..you positive you have the wires for the paddle shifter? I am talking about the connector that connect to the steering hub in the botton (behind bottom steering wheel cover)?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #1874
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Random Question.
Twice now, I'm gone to lean in to my car, (locked, windows down, key fob in pocket). Didn't even touch the door handle. As I'm leaning over, the window rolls up automatically, crushes my gut and the sun roof closes as well. What the hell, is this some sort of anti theft feature?

Confused. Or does my car just hate me

Last edited by Rotorocious; 03-02-2011 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #1875
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
Random Question.
Twice now, I'm gone to lean in to my car, (locked, windows down, key fob in pocket). Didn't even touch the door handle. As I'm leaning over, the window rolls up automatically crushes my gut and the sun roof closes as well. What the hell, is this some sort of anti theft feature?

Confused. Or does my car just hate me
Do you have the factory alarm? Cause if you did, it should have went off based on your description due to interior ultrasonic sensor.

I never heard of this happening, did you code you windows/sunroof to auto close from the fob?

If so, it is possible (but not probable) that the button got pushed while it was in your pocket and bending over...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #1876
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Do you have the factory alarm? Cause if you did, it should have went off based on your description due to interior ultrasonic sensor.

I never heard of this happening, did you code you windows/sunroof to auto close from the fob?

If so, it is possible (but not probable) that the button got pushed while it was in your pocket and bending over...
Bought it used about a year ago. Completely stock as far as I know when I bought it.
No factory alarm.
Haven't been coded, but looking in to it.
Possible but unlikely, the first time this happened the key fob was sitting on the sunroof.

I've also noticed the doors lock or unlock (unsure, i just hear the noise, windows are up already, but ill try it with the windows down as a test next time) when I wash the car and spray the doors. Even if I'm far away, it makes the car lights flash. Wonder if that's related, some sort of water spray detection lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #1877
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

You have comfort access. There's a little groove on door handles that if you touch and hold your windows will roll up. Sometimes they can be oversensitive.

BTW you don't have to put the key in ignition to start the car
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #1878
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
You have comfort access. There's a little groove on door handles that if you touch and hold your windows will roll up. Sometimes they can be oversensitive.

That's what I thought at 1st - but he stated he didn't touch the door handles when this happened - they can't be that oversensitive that they just detect a 'presence'
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #1879
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post

Bravo!
I knew I had CA just never knew about the ridges on the door handle above the key hole. Always thought that was for grip or something. Pretty cool.

^Ridges.

Guess it was just overly sensitive, or maybe my jeans touched the ridges. I was over the middle of the door both these times tho. Went out and tried it and worked just like you said. It locked and closed the windows. It's such a shame it is sooo close to rolling up the windows on its own but can't do it on the fob with out coding.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #1880
xxxjecxxx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
Bravo!
I knew I had CA just never knew about the ridges on the door handle above the key hole. Always thought that was for grip or something. Pretty cool.

^Ridges.

Guess it was just overly sensitive, or maybe my jeans touched the ridges. I was over the middle of the door both these times tho. Went out and tried it and worked just like you said. It locked and closed the windows. It's such a shame it is sooo close to rolling up the windows on its own but can't do it on the fob with out coding.

Thanks
I wish I had your luck lol
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #1881
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Umm..you positive you have the wires for the paddle shifter? I am talking about the connector that connect to the steering hub in the botton (behind bottom steering wheel cover)?
Pretty sure I do.

The paddles have their own connector that plugs into the MF buttons; which, in turn, plug into a harness in the steering column. Is that what you're talking about?

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; 03-02-2011 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #1882
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Pretty sure I do.

The paddles have their own connector that plugs into the MF buttons; which, in turn, plug into a harness in the steering column. Is that what you're talking about?
The connector for the mf always has all the pins present. However the main connector that connects to the steering hub at the bottom may not always have the 2 wires for the paddle shifter.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #1883
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
The connector for the mf always has all the pins present. However the main connector that connects to the steering hub at the bottom may not always have the 2 wires for the paddle shifter.
Hmmm. I will check, but the MF that I took out of my wheel was actually missing the 3 pins for paddles --- and the one I put in _does_ have the extra 3 pins into which the paddles plug in. So I would expect it to be properly wired...
      03-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #1884
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Yea..i am not talking about that.

There is a connector that attaches to the hub, that does not always have the wire. There is a thread about this..trying to find it
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #1885
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

read this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=paddle

What I am talking about is picture number 6 on the 2nd post.

If the 2 slots are empty, then you don't have the paddle wires running to the computer and thus can't code it.
I had it on mines, but I have the harness installed right now (don't feel like opening it up)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #1886
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
read this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=paddle

What I am talking about is picture number 6 on the 2nd post.

If the 2 slots are empty, then you don't have the paddle wires running to the computer and thus can't code it.
I had it on mines, but I have the harness installed right now (don't feel like opening it up)
Ahh yes, I thought you'd bring this one up. I _do_ have those wires (that's why I thought that it SHOULD be possible to code). So I'm really confused.
      03-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #1887
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ahh yes, I thought you'd bring this one up. I _do_ have those wires (that's why I thought that it SHOULD be possible to code). So I'm really confused.
I see.

Umm..I am running dry now on this..lol. Gotta be a way.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #1888
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
I see.

Umm..I am running dry now on this..lol. Gotta be a way.
yup. i wonder if there's any way to somehow test with a multimeter whether the paddles are actually sending signals or not.
      03-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #1889
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
yup. i wonder if there's any way to somehow test with a multimeter whether the paddles are actually sending signals or not.
Yes it's possible, do it on the steering wires disconnected. I did it on mine before I installed it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #1890
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecka View Post
Yes it's possible, do it on the steering wires disconnected. I did it on mine before I installed it.
Wouldn't that give you an airbag warning since to get access to the wires, the airbag has to be off.

When the airbag is disconnected while the battery is connected, you will get the airbag error. I suppose you can clear that code using INPA, but not sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #1891
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Wouldn't that give you an airbag warning since to get access to the wires, the airbag has to be off.

When the airbag is disconnected while the battery is connected, you will get the airbag error. I suppose you can clear that code using INPA, but not sure.
Yes, it's safer for your security to disconnecting the battery.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #1892
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecka View Post
Yes, it's safer for your security to disconnecting the battery.
Sorry I may have confused ya here. with my comment

Are you talking about doing the coding with the paddle shifters dissconnected first? Code the car for paddles and then install the paddles after?

Thanks
Appreciate 0