E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Car feels great

01-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Car feels great

It\'s not normal to read about things when they are going great! Normally it\'s all about issues people have with their current setup! So I wanted to start one where we as a group can talk about setups that actually works well and enjoy driving your beast around.

Now that it\'s 25deg outside, I feel that the car is pulling soo much nicer than in the summer. Obviously the denser air makes a hell of a difference, but DAMN! So I took her out for a quick highway pull and it surprised me that my xdrive e90 auto cut power when i was going 50 and punched it to feel the downshift, but the cut in power due to DTC kicking in was awesome.

So then I turned it off and the difference is awesome! I love how the car just keeps pushing me into the seat! From a stop it\'s just insane and feels like I could break something lol!

I just put brand new blizzacks on so traction is optimal at these temps!

Mods are ... Procede map2, injen intake and Sunoco 93 octane.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Glad to hear your enjoying the car. I too have been enjoying my N55. 3rd and 4th gear pulls keep me stuck to my seat and have recently out run many cars: E36 M (exhaust work, not sure anything else), N54(JB4,DCI,res.delete), another N54 (notsure on mods), E60 535, and a f10 550i. All in the past week or so lol
      01-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
htoudiee
HT
Rep
Drives: BMW, AMG

CPWINCH, have you dynoed you car to see what the power/tq curve look like? I'm very interested in the curve shape, not just peak power.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Glad to hear your enjoying the car. I too have been enjoying my N55. 3rd and 4th gear pulls keep me stuck to my seat and have recently out run many cars: E36 M (exhaust work, not sure anything else), N54(JB4,DCI,res.delete), another N54 (notsure on mods), E60 535, and a f10 550i. All in the past week or so lol
Damn, you been busy guy! I had my vishnu catless dp removed for emissions and inspection work. I just didn't put it back yet. Its actually interesting to see how it feels with the stock dp in, and i must say its not really disappointing me till i get up top in the rpm range
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoudiee View Post
CPWINCH, have you dynoed you car to see what the power/tq curve look like? I'm very interested in the curve shape, not just peak power.
i actually have not. I will probably sometime in febuary, been real busy lately. BTW, my mods are : Ar 4inch dp, cxracing intercooler, drop in, procede, scoops, and britalman exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
Damn, you been busy guy! I had my vishnu catless dp removed for emissions and inspection work. I just didn't put it back yet. Its actually interesting to see how it feels with the stock dp in, and i must say its not really disappointing me till i get up top in the rpm range
haha yea been doing a lot of driving. my gf lives 20 miles away all highway, so thats where most of those went down lol. hmm, i cant remember having cats lol, when you putting it back on??
      01-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by htoudiee View Post
i actually have not. I will probably sometime in febuary, been real busy lately. BTW, my mods are : Ar 4inch dp, cxracing intercooler, drop in, procede, scoops, and britalman exhaust

Quote:
haha yea been doing a lot of driving. my gf lives 20 miles away all highway, so thats where most of those went down lol. hmm, i cant remember having cats lol, when you putting it back on??
The 3.5in catless sounds pure sex... I'll pop it back in after my dealer service I think! Going to be a while still
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Agreed. I haven't had any problems with my car either. I mean the interior shakes at start ups and specific gears/rev ranges but other than that, the car is smooth sailing.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

im debating on getting my car dynod soon, I think I might head down to gintani this week. They have a dyno dynamic which i have heard read low

EdIT: set up a dyno at 1 tomorrow

Last edited by CPWINCH; 01-16-2012 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
im debating on getting my car dynod soon, I think I might head down to gintani this week. They have a dyno dynamic which i have heard read low

EdIT: set up a dyno at 1 tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
boosted335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

hey why don't u hit up same spot Terry does his testing to compare procede ...specialty z in chatsworth
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted335 View Post
hey why don't u hit up same spot Terry does his testing to compare procede ...specialty z in chatsworth
that actually might be better, I feel bad cancelling on gintani, but if specialty z is cheaper than I will forsure go there.
edit: theyre the same price
      01-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
that actually might be better, I feel bad cancelling on gintani, but if specialty z is cheaper than I will forsure go there.
edit: theyre the same price
Awesome man, get some good numbers! I'm excited to see it with those mods... Do you have some kind of baseline?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #13
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

I'm really itching for an intercooler and charge pipe next... But I dunno...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #14
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Chargepipe first! Whats the point of an intercooler or any other mod if your stock chargepipe keeps leaking boost..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
Quote:
Chargepipe first! Whats the point of an intercooler or any other mod if your stock chargepipe keeps leaking boost..
Well I was going to do them both at the same time and from the same manufacturer to ensure perfect fit... With a meth bung for the addict in me
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
boosted335
Enlisted Member
Rep

75 i think for Like 5 pulls....I paid 100 for like 20 pulls during tuning......do u have any baseline numbers
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well I was going to do them both at the same time and from the same manufacturer to ensure perfect fit... With a meth bung for the addict in me
I thought you had PWM already??

Quote:
75 i think for Like 5 pulls....I paid 100 for like 20 pulls during tuning......do u have any baseline numbers
he quoted me 100, no baseline but im just gonna do a run on map 0
      01-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #18
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I thought you had PWM already??

Quote:
he quoted me 100
Nope... Waiting for all the kinks to get worked out but nobody ever posts anything up about it. It's like the whole procede PWM hype died down and n55 took the backseat again after the big single turbo n54 project started.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope... Waiting for all the kinks to get worked out but nobody ever posts anything up about it. It's like the whole procede PWM hype died down and n55 took the backseat again after the big single turbo n54 project started.
yeah N55 gets no love. I have nothing left to do performance wise, besides meth. So ive moved on to aestetics, if your thinking about getting a fmic I would recomend the cxracing, its cheap and my car pulls so consistantly now
      01-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #20
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

What charge pipe do u have?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
boosted335
Enlisted Member
Rep

if u can do it at specialty z.... there is alot of n54 and n55 that had dynoed there would be good comparison.....
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What charge pipe do u have?
i have the cxracing, yet to be installed tho. i posted pics of the inside in another thread and thats my main concern

Quote:
if u can do it at specialty z.... there is alot of n54 and n55 that had dynoed there would be good comparison.....
ill have to think about it. ive talked to jeremy from oe/ginani for awhile so I think ill just go there.