E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Kia Ceed vs Toyota Auris

01-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep
Drives: G01 BMW X3 30d M Sport Plus

Garage List
Kia Ceed vs Toyota Auris

My parents are in need of a new car after an incident with a London double decker bus. Their car has been written off and the courtesy car has also been taken away once their was was confirmed as being written off.

My mum called me for a bit of advice on what to get next, she seemed to like the Kia Ceed, went as far as test driving one and agreeing to buy it, only to be told at the last minute that the car had already been sold by another showroom. She's buying nearly new and was impressed by the fact Kia were giving a 7 year warranty with the car. Now I'm not really very knowledgeable about them sort of cars, but I'm trying to get her to look at a Toyota Auris, they are slightly more expensive, but IMO are better car, it would only be my opinion that says that, the facts may contradict that, I don't know.

She wants a 1.6 petrol engine, automatic, 5 door and a budget of £11000.

Would a Auris be a better choice than the Ceed?? Or is there something else I could point her in the direction of??
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Darkeeboy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5M50i

My wife is on her third Auris, very happy with them and the new excel ones come fully loaded for a good price. Just traded in a 2.5yr old 1.6 SR with 10k for £8k as part of the latest deal... think you can pick up a good 2 year old car for that money and have the remaining 3 years warranty too..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Auris would be my choice too, its a superior car to the Kia. Kia is still a decent car but a step below the Toyota for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk 330d View Post
My parents are in need of a new car after an incident with a London double decker bus. Their car has been written off and the courtesy car has also been taken away once their was was confirmed as being written off.

My mum called me for a bit of advice on what to get next, she seemed to like the Kia Ceed, went as far as test driving one and agreeing to buy it, only to be told at the last minute that the car had already been sold by another showroom. She's buying nearly new and was impressed by the fact Kia were giving a 7 year warranty with the car. Now I'm not really very knowledgeable about them sort of cars, but I'm trying to get her to look at a Toyota Auris, they are slightly more expensive, but IMO are better car, it would only be my opinion that says that, the facts may contradict that, I don't know.

She wants a 1.6 petrol engine, automatic, 5 door and a budget of £11000.

Would a Auris be a better choice than the Ceed?? Or is there something else I could point her in the direction of??
I am not expert, but have driver Hyundai, Kia, Toyota & Honda for some good time.

Considering Kia and Toyota, without a doubt Auris is better in all aspects.

I am not sure if they are thinking of buying it or leasing a car. But if they are buying a car then few things to consider;

1- Are they really going to keep Kia for 7 years? If not, then does 7 years warranty really mean something?
2- Residual values: In 3-5 years time, the residual value of Auris will be more compared to Ceed.

As others said, my vote goes to Auris.
      01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

The latest Cee'd is a big step forward over the previous car. Buying nearly new at that price I assume it is the older model? I had the new model for a month from Hertz while waiting for my F31 back in Nov/Dec it is really is a very good car. Lots of spec as standard too.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep

Garage List
well I've managed to get my parents to go and visit their local Toyota dealer, having looked on the Toyota website their are plenty of Auris' available, but not too many autos which they have said the car must be.

any idea what reg the current model Cee'd came out on?? the Cee'd they wanted to buy the other day was a 12 reg, would that have been new shape??
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Have you considered the Hyundai i30 ?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
E92MP
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

My folks have an i20 they love it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

New model Cee'd is just out I believe so a 12 plate would most likely be the old shape. The old and new model really are night and day. The Hyundai i30 is another good shout.

The only problem may be that the auto box on both the Kia and the Hyundai isn't one of the most technologically advanced effort out there. Although I doubt your parents would be looking for 0.06s shifts, manual modes that allow double shifts, rev matching throttle blips and a sport mode that will keep them in the max bhp/torque range
      01-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #10
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep

Garage List
Hyundai i30 is a good shout, thanks guys. They hadn't looked into them but are planning on a couple of showroom visits tomorrow and are going to take in Hyundai as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
E92MP
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
New model Cee'd is just out I believe so a 12 plate would most likely be the old shape. The old and new model really are night and day. The Hyundai i30 is another good shout.

The only problem may be that the auto box on both the Kia and the Hyundai isn't one of the most technologically advanced effort out there. Although I doubt your parents would be looking for 0.06s shifts, manual modes that allow double shifts, rev matching throttle blips and a sport mode that will keep them in the max bhp/torque range
Ah yes, forgot to mention the auto, to be honest when I am out and my dad is driving the i20 in auto it is ok.

Grant you it will not put a smile on your face but to get from A to B it's fine. And my folks come from Liverpool to Cumbria to visit with no problems. Good luck with your decision.
Appreciate 0