E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M sport coil springs on standard suspension

01-30-2024, 09:42 AM   #1
antoniobmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Question M sport coil springs on standard suspension

Hello, sorry if this was already disscused about, but i did not find thread about this.

I found M sport coil springs on marketplace, and I've been thinking on installing them on my standard suspension E90 320d with goal of lowering my car a little bit. Are they gonna fit on my shock absorber? Has anyone done this before?
The price is very cheap, thats why I'm thinking of doing this instead of Eibach springs.

My car is BMW E90 320d LCI, and the springs on ad are also from E90 320d but with M sport suspension.

Thank in advance )
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 10:10 AM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Yes, they will fit and work fine. Ideally you would have the matching m-sport shocks/struts, but the springs will fit fine.

However, I'd strongly recommend replacing at least all 4 bump stops ("auxiliary springs") with the m-sport version at the same time.

And, especially if you're paying someone to do it, you should consider what other suspension parts would be worth replacing at the same time - mainly any rubber part (spring pads, bushings), strut mounts, joints/arms, etc
Appreciate 3
      01-31-2024, 12:08 PM   #3
antoniobmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Thank you for the reply and advice, I will definetly take them in consideration. Rest of suspension components all seem in good condition, but surely I will check again.

When I do this conversion I will post reply here to let you know how it all went.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 01:27 PM   #4
jdearriba
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series Touring G21 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniobmw View Post
Thank you for the reply and advice, I will definetly take them in consideration. Rest of suspension components all seem in good condition, but surely I will check again.

When I do this conversion I will post reply here to let you know how it all went.

Cheers
Hi, just thinking about doing the very same here on my G21. Did you get the chance to make the swap on your car? Was the upgrade successful?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 04:49 PM   #5
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

This is the e9x forum...you might want to check for advice specific to your car.
Appreciate 0