E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > My Car Now Says It Needs A Service

03-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
roylo
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d sedan white 2010

My Car Now Says It Needs A Service

I have a reminder on the screen saying Im due for a "service".

Everything listed on the screen is up to date such as oil, brakes, fluid etc.
What I want to to know is a list of all the items that fall under the service category that doesnt already fall under vehicle check, oil change, brake pad and fluid change. Basically what potential service requirements, changes, adjustments and checks are required that isnt listed in the handbook. I can think of a coolant change as one. My car is a 2010 320D has 25,000kms and is 16 months old. Im not going to bother taking my car in if all they're going to do is initialise the tyres....
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
MM328i
Bimmerhead
Rep
Drives: 328i

put a picture of the message you're seeing so that we can better help you.
      03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
roylo
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d sedan white 2010

This symbol is due. (pic not my car) With the symbols oil change, brakes and vehicle check everything that needs to be performed when they are due is listed in the manual. With this 'service' there is nothing in the manual on what to do.

What I want to know is what types of things do they inspect or change at this 'service'? Im guessing they would check belts and pulleys? Change coolant at 2years?

You need to read the key to be specific on each car and time period but I would like to know all the possibles.

Thanks guys for responding
Appreciate 0