E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Beware: Sorat Tires North Van

08-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
batman6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Beware: Sorat Tires North Van

This applies to local Vancouver peeps,
This happened a few days, but its bothering me for a few days so I thought I 'll let fellow members know about my experience with a particular tire shop in North Van. As most locals might of heard or went to, this place is called Sorat wheels. They pretty much always post on craigslist selling m6 reps and a whole bunch of other replacements of OEM wheels.
Anyways I was there to get some new tires for my 325i and everything was going pretty smoothly until one of Sorat's incompetent employee damages the paint off of my wheels while trying to squeeze 2 19" rims w/ tires into my small trunk. I watched him doing it and was just shocked.
Anyways I told the owner of Sorat (I forget his name, it's something weird like shitard or something). Anyways u guys can't miss him he lookes like king tut w/ a dirty beard. I told him that i just saw his employee chip the paint off one my wheels while trying to load it into my car and this is what King Tut says to me

K.T:So what

me: huh? I just watch ur employee scratch my rims right in front of me. What are you going to do about it ?

k.t: Nothing. it's not our fault, he was doing u a favor by helping u put ur old rims in the trunk it's ur loss if he damaged ur rim. Normally we dont put customers wheels in the car for them. They have to do it themselves.

me: Well i never heard that before, usually the tech at tire shops always puts the wheels back in the car for u, if you told me that they could potentially get damaged I would have put my own rims in my car

k.t: I dont care, bottom line is ur rims are painted, they get stratched I can even stratch off the rest of the paint for u with my finger nails

me: yeah but that's not what i'm saying, the point is ur employee damaged my rim, not me. There's no way it's my fault.

At this point, King tut just flips out on me and tells me fine he'll pay to fix my rim but later yells at me saying don't ever come back here again and tells me i'm pissing him off. Talk about anger management, this guy has no sense of customer service what so ever and loses his cool really easily when he knows he's the one who screwed up. Man, who thinks like that. I guess only owners that don't give a "f" about their business.

Anyways, what do you guys think? sounds like a stupid reason to tell someone never to come back to a place over something so minor.

Last edited by batman6; 08-14-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

Thanks, I'll make sure never to go there. I suggest you post this experience on other forums to let other Vancouver people know about this nasty situation. This guy and his business should rot.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
E90PWR
siiiiickkkkk
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow & Old

you get what you pay for @ sorat
my 2 cents lol
i never ever let anyone touch or load my wheels
      08-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
e90ben
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: No more Beemer

I had a similar experience with Sorat wheels and agree with you that the guy has no Customer Service at all.

My issue was:

1) When I bought tires from him he failed to put my BBS center cap back on properly, and it fell out. I called him back to ask if he had it at the shop, and he then tells me "Ya when I was putting it back on it didn't fit well"...Maybe tell me so I can do it myself.

2) After leaving I felt like the tires were feeling kind of hard, so I pulled into a gas station and checked the Tire Pressure.
LF 51
LR 48
RF 49
RR 50

Seriously take 5 mins and check the tire pressure before you send the customer away.

I wont be going back there, I'd rather pay a little more and get better service.

Sorry to the OP for the thread Rant at least he is going to fix it
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Mr&Mrs323i
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 323i TiAg

Yuck, sorry to hear that. That's no way to run a business! Not going to do business with them with that attitude.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

I'm starting to think that no car shops give 2 shits about customer service here in the lower mainland. It's the only industry where every mistake they make is somehow always your fault.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
batman6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90ben View Post
I had a similar experience with Sorat wheels and agree with you that the guy has no Customer Service at all.

My issue was:

1) When I bought tires from him he failed to put my BBS center cap back on properly, and it fell out. I called him back to ask if he had it at the shop, and he then tells me "Ya when I was putting it back on it didn't fit well"...Maybe tell me so I can do it myself.

2) After leaving I felt like the tires were feeling kind of hard, so I pulled into a gas station and checked the Tire Pressure.
LF 51
LR 48
RF 49
RR 50

Seriously take 5 mins and check the tire pressure before you send the customer away.

I wont be going back there, I'd rather pay a little more and get better service.

Sorry to the OP for the thread Rant at least he is going to fix it

Yeah I totally agree with you. The guy doesn't care about customers. He gets suckers like us who are looking for deals that go all the way over there and have no intention for keeping us as long term customers.
My friend also mentioned to me that one time he had a nail in one of the tires he bought from Sorat, brought it back and the owner made him wait an hour bc he was busy. He then straight up told my friend that he was annoying him by having him pull out the nail. This usually something you don't say to a customer, and I guess the owner didnt' really like my friend b/c he said when he waited that hour there was literally no customers in line.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
jefj335i
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Black Coupe 6 MT

I'm shopping for wheels plus winter tires and won't be stopping by this business anytime soon. Very poor, he should be reprimanding his employee and do what he can to serve his customers.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #9
bugsandry
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefj335i View Post
I'm shopping for wheels plus winter tires and won't be stopping by this business anytime soon. Very poor, he should be reprimanding his employee and do what he can to serve his customers.
+1 on this...never go to Sorat wheels.. Thanks for the info batman6
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #10
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Post it on Revscene forums they are one of the vendor there!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #11
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

you get what you pay for. In order to keep cost down they hire morons that don't care about what they're doing. Anyway, I'm not here to sh*t on someone elses business, it seems they're doing a good job at it themselves.

I'll end with this though, if you're looking for the best service and prices on wheels and tires in Canada, OEMconcept is the place to go!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #12
grn.eyed.bandit
can you stand it?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
Post it on Revscene forums they are one of the vendor there!!!
ya, do that for sure.

you can also make a new post on craigslist telling potential buyers to stay clear of them aswell

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome

08-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
lirdavidoff
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335is Black/Black

it sucks,,

Thanks for sharing ur info.
2006 BMW X3 - retired
2009 BMW E92 335i Black/Black 6MT - retired
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 03:51 AM   #14
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

wow.... they are trying to lose their business or what.....
MFRT also scratched my rims when putting winter tires on my 18" OEM wheels....
and the owner wasn't that bad as @ sorat.. but he says he can polish the scratches off...... and he couldn't..
I am not going there back again either.....
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

is this place BCAA member or associated?
can you report this to BBB or consumer board or something?
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #16
batman6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
is this place BCAA member or associated?
can you report this to BBB or consumer board or something?
Good suggestion, we should do that.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
kyo21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Technical

If you guys have damaged rims, we can refer you to AWR (Alloy Wheel repair) for painting and chiping. It's usually $130-$150 to repair and paint a curbed wheel. For more minor damages (chipping) it probably is cheaper.

*ps: we won't blame you for damaging your rims or tires. We'll do what we can to make you all happy
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
r2edline
dubcity
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 SG 323i

Interesting e-mail I just received from Sorat - I was inquiring about some tires, and wanted a guarantee they wouldn't damage my wheels while mounting/balancing prior to spending my money with them. Here was the reply:

"No guarantee when you bring your own wheels, no one really does, however we don’t’ scratch wheels"

The guy was also pretty arrogant I spoke with on the phone. I'll pass, thanks.

07 323i SG 6MT // BMS PBX // RE Ikon Exhaust // Simota CF Intake // Blacklines // Matte Black Grills // BBS RK
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #19
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

I hate when they look at you as $ and they don't care about your shit. Same thing happened to a friend of mine when they pulled his AT car in and the car was still moving in reverse and just slammed it in drive right in front of him. Karma... Sooner or later karma will het them
      06-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #20
delio13
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35d

sorat wheels

hello people!!!

Bought tires from Kingtut a while back a set of 19s staggered M6 reps. When he sent the tires one had a really bad vibration at 100km, so his excuse was ...maybe the weights fell off during shipping. my thought was, if you question your work, you shouldn't be in business. so I had a local tireshop to rebalance it for me which cost me money.....Why would he ship a set of tires thats not perfectly balanced..he should double or triple check the tires before he'll send them away so the customers will be happy. But i will not deal with this individual again. I'll take my money some place else....
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #21
Bcruskie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92

I had a business with him twice, definately not a AAA customer service but savings of $400 compare to anything else out there ( besides US) is hard to beat. My tires were always good, no damage to the wheels either. However, his shop monkey didnt use torque reducer and screw my bolt with 100lbs which were a pain to remove later.

Not protecting him or anything but why would you ever let anyone else to load your other wheels in your car. Its definately thier fault for causing damage but it also your fault for standing there and let it happen. When it come to things like that you can not trust the intelligence level of others!

There is a reason he mounts tires for living and you drive BMW.

Last edited by Bcruskie; 06-06-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #22
maxxxboost
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

I've dealt with this company a few times and simply put, you get what you pay for. This place is good for buying and mounting tires onto factory rims.

Know what you want and get it done at this place.

I've always had a good experience since I know what I am getting into and the price savings is worth the less then stellar service.
Appreciate 0