Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Will I rub?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
hyphyy
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Hi, just a quick question for 2008 e92.

My rears are 19x9.5+38 with 275 tires will I rub if I add a 12.5mm spacer? Giving new offset of +25.5. No fender roll.

Thanks!
      10-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

I believe those tires will be too wide, causing you to rub.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
      10-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

how low are you? on stock suspension, you'll rub on big dips and hard turns. if you're lowered, you'll rub. not bad but you will rub. if you're lowered and your tires are brands that tend to run wider than the other brands, you'll rub constantly until you roll the fenders.

side question, why are so many of you unwilling to roll fenders??? it's cheap, solves a majority of the questions in this forum about "will it rub?" and when done properly (plenty of people to refer good rollers) will not be noticeable from the outside, do no damage to the car and not hurt resale.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
hyphyy
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I believe those tires will be too wide, causing you to rub.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the swift reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
how low are you? on stock suspension, you'll rub on big dips and hard turns. if you're lowered, you'll rub. not bad but you will rub. if you're lowered and your tires are brands that tend to run wider than the other brands, you'll rub constantly until you roll the fenders.

side question, why are so many of you unwilling to roll fenders??? it's cheap, solves a majority of the questions in this forum about "will it rub?" and when done properly (plenty of people to refer good rollers) will not be noticeable from the outside, do no damage to the car and not hurt resale.
I'm currently lowered on eibach pro-kit(springs) and my tires are goodyear eagle f1.

Yeah, I think I will roll my fender to avoid this "rubbing" hassle. Thanks for the reply