E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Ultimate Subwoofer Installation Guide (Instructions inside)

View Poll Results: Did you find this post helpful?
Yes 81 82.65%
No 17 17.35%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

10-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #89
Viktimize
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinking_7 View Post
Okay, I went out and bought a Hi/Low Converter, installed it following the instructions, and got the light to power on. I connected the other end of the Hi/Low Converter's RCA outputs to my amp. My amp is receiving power, but my subwoofer that i installed isn't working nor are any of the speakers in my car. Spent about 4 hours installing and tapping into the stupid wires, and im pretty much ready to send it in to pro's.

Basically, i've tapped into the wires properly using the OP's help (I tapped into the rear LEFT and RIGHT sub's). I do however how the Remote cable from my aftermarket amp lying around as I have no clue where that's supposed to go... But from the Hi/Low Converter I did use the Remote cable from there and tapped into the "thin black wire" from the factory amp's harness.

I'm not sure if that could be the problem or not. Also, I tried to old amp's that I had laying around, neither would send a signal to the Subwoofer. Maybe I just need a new amp?

Any help would be appreciated. And i'll try and post some pics up tomorrow in the day time.
I'm not sure if I follow exactly what you're trying to say? But if you don't have a proper switched power source running to your remote input on your amp, then your amp shouldn't be powering up. So you definitely won't have a functioning sub in that case. For my remote power source I used a fuse tap behind the glove box, and ran a piece of wire all the way to the trunk from that. But if you already hacked into a remote sopurce off your amp harness for the LOC, then you might as well just tap some wire in there to run to the amp for your remote source to the amp.

Did you unplug the connector from the stock amp while you were trying to tap wires? If you didn't seat that correctly that could be why none of your speakers work now. I can't think of another reason why your speakers would suddenly stop working?

We are assuming here that you have a correct power and ground ran to the amp from the battery as well.

I'll be in Mission around the 10-15 of November if you still haven't got it sorted out. Might be able to take a quick look when I'm there.
Viktimize is offline   Canada