E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 springs/shocks

08-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

E92 springs/shocks

Got myself confused again!

I have an early e92 se (56plate), can someone tell me what sort of shocks/springs I have.
I've read all e92's are the same (se + msport), others say the springs are different, others say everything is different.
I've got a set of msport springs to chuck on as a temp measure before I lower it properly next year. The gap in the arches at the moment is huge! Looks more like a 4x4, will putting msport springs on do anything?

If I go H&R or eibach will damage the shocks?

Cheers
'V'
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
JP.Williams
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

i believe only the 35i's have m sport suspension on SE & M Sport models.

But i would say just invest a bit more money and get a better set up front the start.

H&R Springs are fairly cheap. and then invest in a decent set of shocks. I've got Koni Yellows which are pretty great if you ask me.

People do run H&R or Eibach on standard shocks but the ride will be bouncy before you know it with blown shocks.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
M5rius
Banned
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: e92

Garage List
2007 bmw e92  [9.00]
non 335 Se it's definitely higher than msport . If you have the spring and can fit your self , don't see the reason why should you spend extra on H&R's or eibach's specialy if you planing to loverit properly in the future .
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Ok cool thanks guys. Makes sense now.
I've already got a set of msport springs and can have all the work done for free so not really an issue.

Trying to budget on this as I know I will be changing them for something better over the next year and I have a few other things I need to get done as a priority so spending the extra just isn't top of the list right now.
If a cheap set of eibachs or H&R's comes up I might be tempted
Appreciate 0