E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Gloss black aero lip on a montego blue car?

11-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

Gloss black aero lip on a montego blue car?

I've been contemplating wrapping my aero lip in gloss black rather than painting it montego blue like the rest of the car. I'm really on the fence about this one, and I haven't been able to find any pics of similar setups to get a feel for it. Any thoughts?

All the other accents on my car are black, so it might not look out of place. My lower grills are sprayed black, window trim and roof all vinyl wrapped gloss black, headlights are fully blacked out inside, wheels are dark gunmetal finish, windows are tinted nice and dark so they are essentially black, and I have a CF CSL bootlid in the closet waiting to be mounted.

Contemplating finishing the aero lip in my closet in black vs. buying a CF one.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Give it a try. It might work and if it doesn't you can always have it sprayed to match the body color.
      11-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Thrakos
Audaces fortuna juvat
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black E90 328xi

Black compliments most colours and I would say it most definitely would compliment blue. Given that you have other trim that is already black, you really have nothing to lose by going with what you already know will work and look good.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
Jnewton117
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Manual 6 SPD

Can't go wrong with black on blue :P

I also have a Montego Blue Metallic and you can't go wrong with the black accent as long as the rest of your car matches it.
Appreciate 0