E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Clutch and brake pedals interfering with each other

12-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
jrougeux
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i - 6SPD ZSP ZPP

Clutch and brake pedals interfering with each other

The clutch and brake pedals seem to be rubbing against each other on my E90 with 32K miles. For example, if the car is in neutral and I press the brake pedal, there is some very firm and sudden resistance once the brake pedal is depressed about an inch. It feels like the pedal is caught on something. If I push especially hard, the "catch" gives way and the brake can be depressed all the way. However, if I push in the clutch before braking, the problem doesn't exist, and the brake pedal action is smooth.

In addition, when releasing the clutch pedal, the pedal "catches" on something about an inch or so before being released all the way. This occurs whether I am braking or not. The pedals are not interfering with each other down where my feet press against them; the interference seems to be occurring in the pedal linkage somewhere.

Any ideas? Can the pedals be adjusted to fix this problem?

Last edited by jrougeux; 01-01-2009 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0