E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Angel eyes in Vancouver?

06-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
jkliu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Angel eyes in Vancouver?

Anyone from the Vancouver/Richmond area know the best place to get some decent angel eye bulbs installed for a pre lci e92? I'm guessing nowhere here has something similar to oss ones unfortunately but I'd prefer finding something local rather than having to ship if possible,
thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
ahfung
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 4.8

cntact wrap-workz aesthetic decors in richmond. 604.244.1666 they got awesome deals for e90post members or simply email them for a quote

sales@wrap-workz.com

say ur from e90 post and they'll give u a discount
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfung
cntact wrap-workz aesthetic decors in richmond. 604.244.1666 they got awesome deals for e90post members or simply email them for a quote

sales@wrap-workz.com

I would not go to wrap-workz. My friend tried to vinyl wrap his S5's window trim but wrap-workz essentially denied doing work for him. They don't show up for appointments and they change pricing quotes at the last second. Overall, horrible business practice.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
hyphyy
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfung

sales@wrap-workz.com

I would not go to wrap-workz. My friend tried to vinyl wrap his S5's window trim but wrap-workz essentially denied doing work for him. They don't show up for appointments and they change pricing quotes at the last second. Overall, horrible business practice.
I disagree. Wrap-works did a fabulous job on wrapping my laptop and quoted me a fair price.

+1 for wrap-works, will do future business with them again.
      07-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
ahfung
Private
Rep

same here, i've been visiting the guys there and they are beyond friendly. awesome place to chill.

im sure theres another story behind this s5 trim wrap thing. it wouldnt make sense for a young new business thats still building to refuse business. i'll let them know this concern and maybe one of the guys there can chime in.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphyy View Post
I disagree. Wrap-works did a fabulous job on wrapping my laptop and quoted me a fair price.

+1 for wrap-works, will do future business with them again.
I'm just letting people know what my friend went through. Great that you had a positive experience but my friend certainly didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfung View Post
same here, i've been visiting the guys there and they are beyond friendly. awesome place to chill.

im sure theres another story behind this s5 trim wrap thing. it wouldnt make sense for a young new business thats still building to refuse business. i'll let them know this concern and maybe one of the guys there can chime in.
Maybe there is another story behind it but the things I know for sure are:

1) My friend had appointment at their shop. No one there so emailed/called few times to no avail. Waited 30 minutes. Later wrap-workz gave some excuse about how another employee should have been there. (Funny thing is, he told my friend "I will personally be there" a day/two days before the appointment.)

2) Made appointment again but they suddenly cancelled it.

3) Originally said they can price match Vehicle Graphics ($150). After a week or so, they told him just the material costs more than $150 so they cannot keep their word. Material cost obviously is not that much since my friend had it wrapped at Vehicle Graphics for $150.

I personally saw the trim wrap done at Vehicle Graphics - very good quality. I see no reason to go to Wrap-Workz when quality is so good at Vehicle Graphics AND price is lower.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Benz_05TSX
Rep
Drives: e93 328i

Hi "henry418"

My name is Benson Lai and I am one of the sales manager @ Wrap-Workz Aesthetic Decors in Richmond.

I am also the sales rep that dealt with your friend's S5.

On behalf of Wrap-Workz and myself, I apologize in advance that you feel this way about us and that your friend had an unpleasant experience with us.

The truthful side of the story was not told in full. I will explain in brief but I do understand where the mis-communication came from and why it led to this. Hence, I do apologize in advance on my part for how the situation was handled.

Your mentioned that Vehicle Graphics quoted him $150 at the time for your friend. However, the e-mail your friend forwarded to me was from BC Wraps, and they mentioned about "seamless" wraps and "seamed" wraps regarding their quote. I told your friend that we can price match any company and possibly beat their price depending on the job but only with a formal quotation. Your friend never sent us a formal quotation by BC Wraps hence we cannot just lower the price on our end. He only forwarded an e-mail from BC Wraps which we cannot consider it as a formal quotation, as the contents can be altered. I have already explained that to your friend.

Secondly, the majority of our wraps, we only use 3M material hence the cost is higher. Putting aside the "floating quote" of $150 supposedly by BC Wraps but with no formal quotation, our calculated cost of doing the wrap with the regular 3M material we use and the price of $150 was not possible. Of course, in order to make it possible we can use other materials or source other ways to satisfy the customer but in this situation, without a formal quotation to price match, I didn't see for a second approach until at least now seeing the vehicle in person. I promised your friend that I will work out the best price possible for him. I also tried my best to explain to your friend regarding the "seamed" and "seamless" application that BC wraps mentioned.

This leading to the appointment. Simply speaking, there was miscommunication, too much explanation would just seem as if I am trying to make an excuse and again, I'm just here to chime in for what exactly happened and I do take responsibility for not handling the situation as good as I should of by putting the whole company's reputation and business practice at risk; thus I feel I have to clarify this matter. (The owners are beyond anal about their reputation, business practice, and client/shop relations).

I was unable to come in that day for your friend's appointment and the communication between me and my co-worker about the S5 coming in wasn't as clear as it could of been. My co-worker went out to deal with a client meeting and since no one else was at the shop, doors were locked within that time frame.

Your friend made a 2nd appointment but we had a rescheduled photo-shoot for my car and another client's car. I have already let your friend know in advanced as soon as I was notified and explained the situation to him and he thanked me for letting him know. I followed up with another e-mail but your friend was either busy or kept delaying in which it's our que to stop chasing after the customer.

I hope this clears things up and again, I do apologize in advance for giving "henry418" and your friend with the S5 an unpleasant experience with Wrap-Workz and the awesome e90post forum members who are reading this misunderstanding.

If ANY E90post members here would like to get a quote or a wrap job done, Wrap-Workz will offer E90post members an additional 20% off wrap job.
Please call us directly 604.244.1666 for any further inquiries. Or if you have any questions regarding vinyl, how to wrap, and anything regarding vinyl wrapping, feel free to contact me via phone or my e-mail, benson.lai@wrap-workz.com. I will be happy to just help some fellow members out.

Again I do apologize "henry418" for leaving you such bad thoughts about us! Please do tell your friend I do apologize for whichever I did on my part to cause him to think this way.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

Best Regards,
Benson Lai,
Sales Manager @ Wrap-Workz Aesthetic Decors

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry418 View Post
I'm just letting people know what my friend went through. Great that you had a positive experience but my friend certainly didn't.

Maybe there is another story behind it but the things I know for sure are:

1) My friend had appointment at their shop. No one there so emailed/called few times to no avail. Waited 30 minutes. Later wrap-workz gave some excuse about how another employee should have been there. (Funny thing is, he told my friend "I will personally be there" a day/two days before the appointment.)

2) Made appointment again but they suddenly cancelled it.

3) Originally said they can price match Vehicle Graphics ($150). After a week or so, they told him just the material costs more than $150 so they cannot keep their word. Material cost obviously is not that much since my friend had it wrapped at Vehicle Graphics for $150.

I personally saw the trim wrap done at Vehicle Graphics - very good quality. I see no reason to go to Wrap-Workz when quality is so good at Vehicle Graphics AND price is lower.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnsunrise View Post
Anyone from the Vancouver/Richmond area know the best place to get some decent angel eye bulbs installed for a pre lci e92? I'm guessing nowhere here has something similar to oss ones unfortunately but I'd prefer finding something local rather than having to ship if possible,
thanks
We have angel eyes and ship all over Canada if you can't find a local source.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #9
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 Audi RS5

Hey guys, I'm the owner of the S5. As things have naturally escalated to a situation like this, I feel the need to step in and post my side of the story.

First off, please understand that I don't like to even try to ruin a company's reputation by posting things on a forum - I never asked henry418 to post his reply in this thread (although I don't blame him for offering his opinion in a thread that asks for opinions); I only talked to him in great detail about this situation when it happened as he's a good friend of mine. Plus, he was physically with me when Wrap Workz first did not show up to our agreed appointment so he wasted half of his day (commute from White Rock to Richmond, back again, etc.) as well. I, also, never posted anything about this anywhere else.

Cliff notes:
-Wrap Workz did not show up to an agreed appointment and we reschedule
-Our second appointment is cancelled by Wrap Workz late into the night the day before the agreed time
-No replies for a few days, then receive an email saying they cannot match the price earlier agreed upon
-Pissed off me (well, more like appalled and offended at the way they handle things), never willing to do business with Wrap Workz again.

Ok, so what happened? I wanted to have my car's window trim wrapped in a matte black vinyl so I sent several emails to different companies for prices that they charge on a job like this. I received their replies, and I found that the best price was from Vehicle Graphics (which, btw, is also known as BC Wraps as far as I can tell, as the signature provided in their reply contains both Vehicle Graphics and BC Wraps links) at a price of $150-$200 (seamed or seamless). I also received a reply from Benson (Wrap Workz) and because they are located a lot closer to me, I was more interested in having business with them.

I was given a quote of "around $350" from Wrap Workz, which was a lot higher than the quote from Vehicle Graphics. Both, after I asked, would have used 3M 1080 vinyl material for the job. He said if I “have a copy of the quotation,” he can match the pricing (Benson would say here is where the miscommunication happened, which I agree but I would also add that it's a mistake purely on his behalf). So, at Benson's request, I forwarded the emails between VG and myself, which talked about the price of $150-$200 that VG would charge. His next email does not discuss the matter of price, which I take it to mean that there would be no problems as I fulfilled his request and sent him a copy of the quote. We set up a time for me to come in to his shop in order to take a look at the car and for him to explain the details of the job.

Here is where things fell apart.

We set up a time on a Saturday, where he said that he would personally come in the office to meet with me. Saturday comes, henry418 and I go to Wrap Workz at the agreed time for the appointment. Lights are off, doors are locked. I'm knocking in the rain to no avail, phoning the number listed on their front door to an answering machine. I send Benson an email asking him where he is, and why he's not here at the agreed time. 30-40 minutes later, we leave Wrap Workz disappointed and a bit pissed off.

30 minutes later, Benson calls me and apologizes for what happened and I tell him that I can't make it back as I had other plans.

Almost a week later, we reschedule for an appointment for me to come in on a Wednesday. I receive an email from Benson late Tuesday night telling me that our appointment has to be rescheduled again due to a company photoshoot. Had I not check my email on a regular basis I would not have read his email and a repeat of what happened the first time would have occurred. Please be aware that he has my cell # and could have texted/phoned me instead to let me know of the situation ASAP.

By now, I was actually quite shocked at what was happening. First, no one shows up to the first appointment, and then I'm being rescheduled again at basically the last moment for the second appointment. Stupidly of me, I reply to him again asking for another appointment and reminding him to honor the price match of $150-$200. I receive an email from him (it did not help that the email came four days after my email, which was uncharacteristic, as previous replies from him came on either the same day or the next day) saying that he cannot honor the price anymore and that the material alone costs about $200. He tells me that because the quote is through email, they are unsure if the material being used is actually 3M. Let it be known here that in our earlier emails, he agreed to match VG’s price if I provided a COPY of the quote (how was I supposed to know it had to be a “formal quotation,” whatever that means or entails?).

As I’m reading through his last email, I’m basically asking myself what my Marketing 101 professor would have said to the way Wrap Workz handles business. A few words that came in mind: ridiculous, unprofessional and absurd.

I'm sure many have had positive experiences with Wrap-Workz, but mine certainly was very negative. I felt mistreated as a customer and felt disrespected to the point where I essentially ignored any further communication between us. After reading Benson’s last email, I felt like I was part of a big fat joke that I was never clued in on and was actually a prank pulled on me. Sorry, I don’t like to be treated this way and like earlier stated, would never do business with a company that treats their customers like this.

Last edited by blackboxing; 07-09-2012 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
ahfung
Private
Rep

Wow, I had no idea, if I was in your shoes I'd be pretty stoked. I never dealt with Benson personally, always the owners.

Seemed like a badly handled miscommunication with scheduling and all the price beating/matching stuff Hope they do something about this.

Sorry to the thread starter for leading this thread way off topic.

Back on topic, any pics of the angel eyes and brand u chose?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
ja.
Ja
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #12
Jonsiu
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, F30 335i

Had a pleasant experience with them today, they are very chill, helped me install spoiler + detailing. Will find them for my window trim wrapping and roof soon!
      07-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
ahfung
Private
Rep

awesome! I just went today, got my grills done! and i mentioned it to the owner. He was furious over the sales rep that is reponsible for this. Scolded him for hours LOL. Owner said he will call "blackboxing" personally to apologize and give him something to make up for it or sth.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 Audi RS5

To be honest, I'm glad you guys have had positive experiences with Wrap Workz! Obviously, I just wasn't impressed with the way I was dealt with but I shouldn't judge a whole company based on one bad situation. So, for those reading this, take what I (and everyone else, for that matter) have written with a grain of salt.

Thanks ahfung, for letting the owner know about this personally, although I'm in the US right now for a month and don't have my Canadian cell phone with me so he doesn't know the number to reach me at. Perhaps if he's reading this, he can PM me and we'll go from there.

And yeah, haha, sorry to the OP for what has happened to your thread! I own an Audi so already I may not be welcomed here
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Iceburg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 B8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboxing View Post

And yeah, haha, sorry to the OP for what has happened to your thread! I own an Audi so already I may not be welcomed here
Let's burn him at the stake for owning an AUDI!!!!!!!! Group Burn anyone?

And to original poster, welcome to e90 post lol.....never a dull moment!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
ahfung
Private
Rep

rofl! hahahaha LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
ahfung
Private
Rep