E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Removing mudguards - E90 Msport

11-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Doddsy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, Stg 2 BM3, Stg 3 XHP

Removing mudguards - E90 Msport

Evenin all.

I want to remove the factory mudguards from my pre LCi E90 Msport. One of the front ones has been ripped off already, so I can see where the front fixing points are from the plastic rivets that have been left behind, but not sure about the rears?

Also, if the rivets have to be removed, can they be re-used or will I need new ones?

Ta
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Don't know about the 3 series, but the 5 series rivets have a removeable centre peg - remove it and the rivet can be pulled out.
The downside is that the centre peg can only really be pushed out - into the void between the wing and the liner, where you can't really get it out.
They are cheap enough to replace if you need to re-use the flaps.
The holes are drilled into plastic, so there should be no rust issues, but I would still seal the holes with a little silicon to stop muck getting in, building up and blocking the drains (the heater plenum drains into the wing void)

Mike
Appreciate 0