E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Brake warning lights

05-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
samdaman
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Brake warning lights

So I just changed all the brakes on my 2007 335i and bled each caliper with BMW brake fluid. I reset the brake maintenance meter and instead of giving me a new estimated mileage it's telling me that my brakes have run low and that I need to turn it in to BMW for service.

Now keep in mind, I still had good sensors and changed them out before being totally worn. They were squealing a lot even though there was plenty of pad left so I left them on. However, since the brake light isn't coming off and I'm getting this warning, does this mean that my brake sensors are no good and needs to be replaced? Or, do I just have to drive around for like 15 miles for the brakes to reset and be good?

BTW, do these brake sensors actually incrementally tell you how much wear is left or is it just an all or nothing sensor?

Help!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

I think they're incremental and need to be replaced. I always just run mine all the way down though so I'm not 100% sure on that.
Appreciate 0