E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > I was told my new wheels look "ghetto". Are they too shiny? Is my car too low?

07-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #111
StealthFish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FR F82 M4

Awesome wheels! I was thinking about swapping out my e92 stockers with the same set of wheels. They look really good. I would do something about the chrome on the window but looks very clean. What is the wheel width and size? What kind of tires are you running to fit those wheels?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #112
Z3->WRX->335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iranman View Post
bitches will be bitches, car looks great... go lower
lol. thanks! I'm actually maxed out in the back so this is as low as she will go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
One of the best coupes i've seen on 359s don't change a thing!
Thanks! I’m actually surprised that more people don’t have these wheels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
car screams drug dealer
jk
I did get pulled over immediately after I got the wheels and I’d never been pulled over in the car with the stockers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamster00 View Post
Wheels looks nice! Never listen to your EX. Theres a reason for that
Thanks! I know it was stupid of me to listen to her at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
lol who cares what your ex thinks.
I really don’t idk why I let it get to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
sorry man... those wheels are too ghetto... just put it back to stock and you can ship your coilovers and wheels to me and i'll give you my stock 161

see how silly that sounds? car looks good but if you still think its ghetto, I'll PM you my address haha ^_^ enjoy the car
lol thanks that put things in perspective
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylors335 View Post
fuk her pic 3 is sick !!!
and thanks! All I have are iPhone pics of this car. I’d like to take some nice pics eventually. Thanks though, pic 3 is pretty cool for a phone pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Your car is really low, there's some truth to the rumors, also your wheels are super awesome, made me decide to consider getting a set now .
The car is pretty low but so far it hasn’t interfered with my driving so it will stay low for the summer. And thank you!!! That’ s an awesome compliment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishriv View Post
amazing looking wheels and car.. i wouldn't change a thing. stop listening to the ex...shes probably saying this stuff to get to you.. knowing you'll think she's just being honest when in reality she's just trying to push your buttons.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
ur ex def is a bitch....your car looks clean.
Yup that’s one thing I’m sure of haha and thank!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Ryder View Post
CLEAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkw15 View Post
Looks great man, don't let it get to you.

PS - I hope she was hot 'cause she sounds like a real piece of work.
She was really hot… and a real piece of work. You guys seriously have NO idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
kaleeen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteW84 View Post
Clean ride!!!

Thanks!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-sir View Post
Car looks great bro!!
Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal513 View Post
Ok...so, I totally expected something else before reading this thread. I mean, I was completely ready to see some fugly half round chrome coated Pep Boys set-up.

You have one of those cars that I am sure looks even better in person. Call me biased because I have m359s on my 335i, but the truth is: "I didn't even like the wheels until I saw them in person".

And in person they look daaaamn good. So I wouldn't take one "off" comment from someone about the look because you are bound to get many many more positive responses about it.

Here are a few funny ones i've heard about my car over the last couple of weeks...

1. Damn, did it come that low from the factory? Wow, it looks really agressive..

2. Co-worker: "Is your car supposed to be that low?"
Me: "Without a doubt".
Co-worker: "It looks fast just sitting there".
Me: "LoL...thanks"
Co-worker: "Can you move your car away from mine? It makes mine
look even more POS...Thanks"
Me: "Yeah...if it really makes you feel better"

3. Sales Guy during a meeting earlier today...
Sales Guy: Swivelling around back and forth in his chair while looking out
into the parking lot; "Jesus, who's driving that silver 3 series. It's nice!"
Me: "No one dipshit. It's parked."

4. Random "Red Box Movie return guy"
Random Guy: Staring at my car, then me, then my car, etc..."Why does
your 3 series look so different from others i've seen? I mean, I don't
know what to say or how to place it. It's amazing.
Me: "Thanks for the compliments, it has aftermarket wheels and
suspension so it looks a little different."
Random Guy: "Do you want to sell it?"
Me: "No thanks, it's not for sale"
Random Guy: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Why do you ask?"
Random Guy: "Well, my wife has been begging me for a new 3 series for
months. After seeing yours, I'm convinced that if I bought it for her, I
would never have to hear her run her trap again."
Me: "LoL...good luck with that."

Enjoy your ride ...its hot. trust this...!
I’ve got a couple after putting the wheels on! Right after I lowered it I took it for a ride to make sure I wasn’t rubbing. I got out of the car, really dirty and sweaty…wearing boardshorts and flip flops. This larger black woman comes up to me and said, “Wow….what a beautiful car” I was kind of taken back because the way she said wow was so genuine all I could say was “thanks”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteucciE92 View Post
Car looks great and nice drop don't change a thing...
Thanks! All I want to do is change up the front bumper a little!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliviertjie View Post
1st of all she's your ex. Second your car looks great, love the wheels and it looks perfect as low as it is. Third, put the girl and car next to each other, the car would win every single time... Thats what I do when the girl starts giving me.... Crap.... Good thing she's your ex...
Part of the reason I wasn’t bummed about breaking up with her is because I knew I would have the car to myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
Car looks sweet man. Very clean !
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by woot335woot View Post
Dude, grow up.

Just remember: "Bitches ain't shit, but ho's and tricks."
Lol Yeah I know I was being a little b**ch yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbmwcy View Post
Definately jealous of your car.

By the way thats the best looking wheels on your e92. I have the same wheels in mind for my next upgrade. M359 look much better than the standard CSL on the E92

Looks so good on the Crimson Red.
THANKS! I’m jealous of your car/bumpers! Your car looks great!
      07-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #113
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

i vote she's jealous of the fresh wheels and how you have better things to spend your money on besides her...

Nice ride though.

IMO, the wheels aren't "ghetto" but the style is played out - EVERYONE has mesh/csl style wheels and it's getting old. But... as for the build, it looks legit and NOT cheap.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #114
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
looks fine to me

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #115
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3->WRX->335 View Post
A couple weeks ago I picked up a set of AG m359's. They are the standard silver finish. Well I spoke with my ex on the phone this morning, and she told me that my new wheels look kind of ghetto.

I personally don't think there is anything ghetto about CSL style wheels. The only ghetto part about them might be that the silver is so shiny it kind of looks like a dull chrome? I did notice that theyre really shiny but they also have less than 1,000 miles on them,

FYI My ex is the biggest BXXCH I have met and I have a feeling she is trying to make me feel bad about the car. Keep in mind she used to drive my car and LOVED it...I also know she really liked CSL style wheels because we were looking at them before we broke up.

She also said I should raise the car back up. Kind of hypocritical of her considering her audi and her gti were both slammed on H&R coilovers.

I know I shouldn't let her opinion bother me but I'm second guessing everything now because I also know she'll be honest with me and won't care if she hurts my feelings. Maybe my friends all tell me they're not ghetto because they don't want to offend me.

I think she just got a little jealous though because I washed, polished, and waxed my car this weekend and I think it looks great. Her new bf just bought a navy blue automatic 128 and I don't think it looks nearly as good as mine and she's prob a little upset that the car she used to drive is looking so fresh.

Sorry for the rant...anyways, do you guys think I shoud get the wheels powdercoated black or gunmetal instead? I just think the wheels have nice lines that kind of get lost when they're black. Should I raise my car? I was at a meet this weekend and my car looked like a monster truck still compared to most of the cars there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i saw you at the Fr3sh Meet thing on sunday. you were parked a few cars away from me. 2nd. your "ex" dont know the first thing about cars so tell her to take a hike (again) thats all im going to say
      07-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #116
EJ_3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.34]
2016 Ram 1500 Sport  [8.00]
1994 BMW 525i  [10.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [8.66]
Tell her to eat a .... fill in the blank. Your car is flawless!
      07-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #117
bmwtechray
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335d

lol this post is 6 pages long....
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #118
akuliest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Black, Coral red interior

sick wheels, goes really well with the window trim. BTW i have gmax tires too, and i love them.

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #119
JJFESQ
Big Poppa
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 3.5i AW/Mocha

Garage List
2014 535xi  [0.00]
Since you offered I'll take a pm with ex pics.
      07-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #120
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

They look great. Perfect stance, perfect fittment if you're going for a CLEAN look (which IMO, is ideal in terms of practicality, style, and negatively-associated showiness).

If you're REALLY in the mood to change the color, you could try a gunmetal gray, but...I don't think it's necessary or worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #121
coolcobramatt
I like turtles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Lemans Blue

They are called ex's for a reason brother
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #122
GRIP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

car does look a bit too low...handling looks like it would be compromised
      07-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #123
Z3->WRX->335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
i vote she's jealous of the fresh wheels and how you have better things to spend your money on besides her...

Nice ride though.

IMO, the wheels aren't "ghetto" but the style is played out - EVERYONE has mesh/csl style wheels and it's getting old. But... as for the build, it looks legit and NOT cheap.
That probably is part of it too. She used to do so much frivolous spending with my money and now she saw me buy wheels, and a bunch of other random parts within the last couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
looks fine to me
Thanks! It looked fine to me at first too! And thanks to this forum they look fine to me again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
i saw you at the Fr3sh Meet thing on sunday. you were parked a few cars away from me. 2nd. your "ex" dont know the first thing about cars so tell her to take a hike (again) thats all im going to say
If this is your car below it’s really f’ing nice! And want that hood & bumper, and the lip is pretty sick too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Tell her to eat a .... fill in the blank. Your car is flawless!
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwtechray View Post
lol this post is 6 pages long....
Haha I thought the same thing I feel kind of dumb now, I’m gonna feel even more dumb if she finds it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuliest View Post
sick wheels, goes really well with the window trim. BTW i have gmax tires too, and i love them.
Thanks! I was always really opposed to the silver window trim but it has kind of grown on me. It accents the shape of the car quite nicely as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFESQ View Post
Since you offered I'll take a pm with ex pics.
What kind do you want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
They look great. Perfect stance, perfect fittment if you're going for a CLEAN look (which IMO, is ideal in terms of practicality, style, and negatively-associated showiness).

If you're REALLY in the mood to change the color, you could try a gunmetal gray, but...I don't think it's necessary or worth the money.
Thanks! I was really going for a good balance between looks, practicality, etc. I’m very happy with the height! I don’t scrape on my driveway and I don’t rub even under “extreme” compression. It’s probably not the best in terms of handling though but for driving on public roads I haven’t really noticed much of a decrease in performance. My second favorite thing next to driving the car is looking at it. Everytime I look out my window at the office of at home I am 100% happy with how it looks just sitting there.
I might do gunmetal one day if I get bored!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcobramatt View Post
They are called ex's for a reason brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIP View Post
car does look a bit too low...handling looks like it would be compromised
I thought it would be too and it’s very possible that it is. I do not track my car though I just do some spirited driving on back roads and it’s not enough of a difference for me to raise it. I can still turn my wheel completely without rubbing and I’ve had a full car twice now and the ride quality was fine with no rubbing scraping. That was my main concern. When I can afford to start tracking the car I will raise it and probably switch to better coilovers of a good shock/spring combo. I love these they just lack dampening adjustability (which I don’t really care about at this point, that’s why I bought these).
      07-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #124
M3inMG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW F80  [0.00]
Tell her they arent ghetto, "they ride better than her" and call it a day. Enjoy the wheels looks good
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #125
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

she is just a hater like everyone else, dont worry!! ride looks fresh to me
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #126
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Looks clean. What is your suspension set up/ rims and tire size. I am thinking of doing the same wheel for my car and deciding on going cheap and getting springs or cracking the wallet open to get coilovers. I'm interested in how your ride quality is like and review
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #127
Gto3
Paper Stacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E93 M3  [10.00]
no i think it looks great
2013 E93 M3 | 6MT | Alpine White | Fox Red Novillo Leather | Navigation System | Tints | Matte Black Kidney Grills | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Active Autowerke Performance Air Filter | E93 Trunk Boot Spoiler | Painted Bumper Reflectors | BMW Performance Shift Knob | BMW Performance Handbrake | RPI Red Ram Air Scoops | Matte Black M3 Emblem | BMW M// Power MT Pedals | Matte Black Side Markers | Tinted Side Marker LED's | LUX H8 160 Angel Eyes |
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #128
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
OP your set up looks great!
      07-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #129
teege
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
looks pretty decent. my only feedback, get those reflectors painted
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #130
gdr252
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Noob question: Since those are aftermarket AG wheels, can you order them with the BMW badging already afixed or is that something you have to add/change yourself? Dig it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #131
brian_b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

i dont see a comparison
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #132
M3inMG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW F80  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdr252
Noob question: Since those are aftermarket AG wheels, can you order them with the BMW badging already afixed or is that something you have to add/change yourself? Dig it.
I dont know if his are reps but there is a spot in most reps to put sticker. Then you can buy it, stick it on
Appreciate 0