E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I got banned from BMW Authohaus Thornhill for trying to book an appointment.

06-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #45
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Autohaus.....garbage.

All I have to say. Poor sales staff, very cocky and will talk down to you without a question....

Service I'm not sure, but I can tell you most dealers don't give two shits after you've made the purchase.

I won't even go into details, but I hate Endras as well due to their incompetence. What annoys me the most is no one cares to follow-up, then whoops....too bad....your warranty is up. Bit**es
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #46
afshin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw m850i GC

i hate that dealership too, had so much bad experience with them, i would never ever give them another bussiness,
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #47
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
I'm not going into my story but its worse than all of yours.

I do not hate anything and I appreciate good business. I reward honesty and good service with more business either from myself or my network.

I HATE autohaus for what those scammers did. I've never seen an organization or even a group of people that are so incompetent and slimeballish. I have actually made effort towards raising awareness around their poor excuse for a business establishment and warn people to stay away.

Terrible. Dispicable.
spill the beans - whats the story all about?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #48
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

I think everyone on this board at one point in the next few weeks should call Autohaus, and pretend like they want to buy a car from them. start the dialog, then at one point later that day call back and say you have heard horror stories about that dealership , and you will be giving the business to another BMW dealership. If 1 person does it its not big deal, but if 25 people do it, believe me it will get someones attention there.

doing something where they think its affecting sales, will get escalated at that dealership. The owners probably have no clue people feel this way.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #49
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro
I think everyone on this board at one point in the next few weeks should call Autohaus, and pretend like they want to buy a car from them. start the dialog, then at one point later that day call back and say you have heard horror stories about that dealership , and you will be giving the business to another BMW dealership. If 1 person does it its not big deal, but if 25 people do it, believe me it will get someones attention there.

doing something where they think its affecting sales, will get escalated at that dealership. The owners probably have no clue people feel this way.
I like your thinking...would be an awesome way to get some freebies lmao!!!

I just wish they'd check out my WG cuz they rattle like a bitch!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #50
vantage_coupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335

I remember calling to make an appointment to view a mint low mile/loaded 335i @ Autohaus years back and after scheduling a time with one of the sales guys over the phone he promptly mentions "just so you know the price is not negotiable since it's red leather, high demand". I wasn't crazy about the exterior colour but it had every option I wanted so even though I was a bit put off by his cockyness I booked the appt.

Thankfully I found my ideal car (exterior/interior/options) the morning before my scheduled appointment and negotiated a handsome % off that CPO car (had the exterior colour i wanted too! ).

From the sounds of things, I was quite lucky to have avoided walking into this dealer and potentially spending any money there.

BMW Toronto has earned my business since Day 1.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #51
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Sorry to hear that OP, this is stupid. Not a single one in this thread had something good to talk about these guys, how are they still in business then?!

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #52
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Sorry to hear that OP, this is stupid. Not a single one in this thread had something good to talk about these guys, how are they still in business then?!
They're in Richmond Hill, and there's only one negative review on Google.
      06-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #53
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

theres an idea. take to the review websites and blast them with all the negative experiences. That will put a mark on the radar.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #54
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

lots of good discussion here but unfortunately, if people dont write in to BMW Canada and express their views, these clowns will continue to operate. Also good suggestion above - there should be some reviews posted on google yelp etc...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #55
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
well, long story short ... I did not get personal right from the start, I simply asked for their figures and in turn, he asked me for the best # obtained at other BMW dealers. At the end, I simply said to him if your dealership cannot and/or will not compete with others, then it's fine as I understand every dealership has their own operating parameters to work with.

Then a few days later, he asked me for the latest update as to who else I had visited to & spoken to for the car prices, I replied back and later on the same day, he fired back an email suggesting I was totally disrepecting his dealership due to way I shopped around and copied to other BMW dealers.

For my part, no nasty & disrepectful emails were ever sent to Autohaus. Therefore, I called my behaviour totally calmed & well mannered.
Why didnt you give him a chance to beat the price you had from the other store? Saves a lot of time. If you asked different guys in the same dealership then you deserve to be booted .
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #56
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Long story short ... he asked me the best price from other dealers, I provided to him as he asked me to keep him informed, which I did.

All I said on my email to him was "Can you do better than that dealer ?" ... so I guess he could not and started blasting me over the email suggesting I should not shop like this, forcing other dealers to play my little game and disrepecting his dealership in which he told me I am not welcomed to go to his dealership from now on.

I dealt with him right from the start .. anyway, I don't take it personal. I change cars every two years or so and that's the way I shopped in the past & present. So many GTA BMW dealerships, I am sure I can find a dealer willling to do business. Right now, BMW Toronto and TC are the only dealers I am cosidering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Why didnt you give him a chance to beat the price you had from the other store? Saves a lot of time. If you asked different guys in the same dealership then you deserve to be booted .
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #57
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Long story short ... he asked me the best price from other dealers, I provided to him as he asked me to keep him informed, which I did.

All I said on my email to him was "Can you do better than that dealer ?" ... so I guess he could not and started blasting me over the email suggesting I should not shop like this, forcing other dealers to play my little game and disrepecting his dealership in which he told me I am not welcomed to go to his dealership from now on.

I dealt with him right from the start .. anyway, I don't take it personal. I change cars every two years or so and that's the way I shopped in the past & present. So many GTA BMW dealerships, I am sure I can find a dealer willling to do business. Right now, BMW Toronto and TC are the only dealers I am cosidering.
Parkview has been great to me. Same owners as Toronto.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #58
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Autohaus.....garbage.

All I have to say. Poor sales staff, very cocky and will talk down to you without a question....

Service I'm not sure, but I can tell you most dealers don't give two shits after you've made the purchase.

I won't even go into details, but I hate Endras as well due to their incompetence. What annoys me the most is no one cares to follow-up, then whoops....too bad....your warranty is up. Bit**es
I don't think you know very much about the car business. Service is where they make all their dough. Everyone seems to love Endras....except you. I guess everyone is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #59
dracolnyte
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

how does town and country BMW compare?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #60
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Email evidence puts you in a better position than a phone call or in-person hearsay. Shoot a copy over to BMW NA. lol @ shouldn't shop around. Tell them to get off their high horse.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #61
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I don't believe email or phone call to BMW Canada or BMWNA will result in any action to the dealer ... this dealer is owned and operated by one of the biggest Auto Group in Canada, therefore, one less deal will not make an difference to them.

That's why they have been around for a long time and will still be around no matter what we say & do.

For the smarter bloggers, like us, we will stay away.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #62
Evolution_GT
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08A22E93N52

Quote:
I don't believe email or phone call to BMW Canada or BMWNA will result in any action to the dealer ... this dealer is owned and operated by one of the biggest Auto Group in Canada, therefore, one less deal will not make an difference to them.

That's why they have been around for a long time and will still be around no matter what we say & do.

You can't completely disregard service to customers just because Autohaus is part of a large dealer network. BMW Canada has policies and procedures in place to ensure dealers are maintained at a specific standard. I'm pretty sure if enough action is put forward against Autohaus BMW Canada would be inclined to pay some attention here...
      06-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #63
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Thats one crazy dealership. I would just contact BMWNA
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

I tried replacing the fuse with a 20A but it didn't fix the issue. Looks like an actuator problem. I called Parkview and they booked an appointment tomorrow morning with a free shuttle--now that's good service.

But yeah I should have fixed this issue awhile ago. I usually drive alone so I didn't see it as a hazard until my friend sat in and called it a death trap.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #65
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

Quote:

When I complained about a BMW certified repair shop to BMW Canada via email, they were 'sorry' and made note of it 'internally', ie round file cabinet on the floor or similar icon on the computer screen. Since they don't own the dealerships like GTA Mercedes Benz, there's little consequence to the dealership.

Glad that we all share and learn. I feel your frustration.

Last edited by drevil2k2; 06-21-2012 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Add Text
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #66
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I am not frustrated at all. I got thick skin. Actually, I enjoy shopping around, it's time consuming but the end result ensures me I got a price that I want to pay, rather than what the dealer wants me to pay. Of course, this kind of shopping stratgegy may not be suitable for everyone. I just want to make it clear.

I should add another note to this. One of the dealer that Alex. S, Autohaus copied to included Endras, and Mitzi Brown, new car sales mgr replied to Alex and copied me saying, "Yes, Alex, our dealership does not compete with other dealers just to earn one's business, our prices speak for themselves".

I replied back to her, "I know your prices speak for themselves, $0 off the list is a big bold statement".

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil2k2 View Post
When I complained about a BMW certified repair shop to BMW Canada via email, they were 'sorry' and made note of it 'internally', ie round file cabinet on the floor or similar icon on the computer screen. Since they don't own the dealerships like GTA Mercedes Benz, there's little consequence to the dealership.

Glad that we all share and learn. I feel your frustration.
Appreciate 0