E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW CANBEC - Montreal (TERRIBLE!!!)

07-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #23
Bentrix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 335i e92

I have never had a problem with Canbec
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #24
mimik
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi Blue Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentrix View Post
I have never had a problem with Canbec

Me neither. I find them friendly. They occasionally might be busy for all my inquires but the job gets down.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #25
335i_4D
Now in the dark side !
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 911S 997.2 Cab

Other dealers in MTL area.

Got my 335i since last august.
Have only went to Brossard BMW (south shore).
Sales makes alot of promises and don't deliver.

But I have great service.
Needed a loaner 2 times, and it was a 323i from Enterprise (the same blue 2009 one).

Other dealers in Montreal area:

- Brossard BMW (On Taschereau)
- Ste-Julie BMW (same owner as Brossard)
- Laval BMW
- Canbec
- Hamel (Blainville - north shore)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #26
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i_4D View Post
Got my 335i since last august.
Have only went to Brossard BMW (south shore).
Sales makes alot of promises and don't deliver.

But I have great service.
Needed a loaner 2 times, and it was a 323i from Enterprise (the same blue 2009 one).

Other dealers in Montreal area:

- Brossard BMW (On Taschereau)
- Ste-Julie BMW (same owner as Brossard)
- Laval BMW
- Canbec
- Hamel (Blainville - north shore)
They are opening a new dealership in the west island (Between des sources and henri-bourassa).
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
mimik
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Who Canbec is? It is the same owners?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #28
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Sorry, have to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerw View Post
After years of driving vehicles, it was time to be responsible and buy a sedan upon our new arrival to the family. I have always been a loyal customer to Mercedes Benz and Acura. I thought I would shake it up a bit and purchase a BMW. You hear about the wow factor of the vehicle and the exceptional service by BMW. Could I be more wrong with BMW Canbec. I purchased a 2008 328I, my first preowned vehicle ever, however it was a BMW Certified Series (with the economic downturn I thought I would save a little money). The list of deficiencies and problems are long. It is obvious the previous owner smokes (which I did not know when I picked up the car as I was suffering from a sinus infection, but was assured by the sales consultant that the vehicle was smoke free). The brakes had a severe vibration when applying the brake at highway speeds (corrosion on rotors), interior cleanliness was not up to par to BMW Certified Series standards, large paint damage to the front lower pumper (it is also obvious the previous owner while smoking drove into a curb and mounted it). Since I live in Ontario, the vehicle was not plated and a temporary sticker was provided until I register the vehicle. Unfortunately for me, BMW Canbec did not provide me with the registration until 11 days after delivery. Yes, for those who know the temporary plate is only valid for 10 days. I was driving the car illegaly thanks to BMW Canbec. Promises were made to have the registration couriered to me days before. Like a sucker waiting for the cable person to arrive at the house it did not arrive until days after. Even with constant contact with BMW Canbec during this time I received the famous "It will be there tomorrow". Load and behold when I do receive by by DHL Courier the package is sent by GROUND SERVICE and not by express (way to go guys you saved $ 15 on courier fees). Now my BIG issue with BMW Canbec is the paint damage to the lower pumper. I was assured by CANBEC I could take the vehicle to BMW Toronto and have the repairs made there and CANBEC will take care of the bill (they estimated $ 100 for the paint damage) before I left the dealership. Well I got two quotes to make sure from the estimates are correct, one from BMW Toronto $ 750 and BMW Durham $ 800. Which makes more sense to me for those who have had body and paint work on their cars. Well, when I advised BMW Canbec and their manager that said the body shops are taking advantage of you and escalated the prices as it would only cost us $ 100 to fix at BMW Canbec (they must be using spray paint from Canadian Tire). They refused to pay for the repairs and suggested I drive back to Montreal and have the repairs made at BMW Canbec. Humm 4.5 hours drive ONE way, NOT going to happen. So now everyone knows my dilemma right now. With the newborn at home and 70 hour work week who needs the extra stress, I definately don't but hey the fight is not over until the fat lady sings. Is it possible to give BMW Canbec a score of -5 on a scale between 1-5??????? I think they should change their name to BMW-Lada Canbec. This fight has been a full time job!!!
      03-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #29
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
If you really want to get your point across, I recommend that you write a letter to BMW Canada, with copy to CANBEC and your Sales Advisor, describing in detail why you are not happy camper. I got mine from Laval and service to date is great, however, there are stories like this at both dealers, so it's luck (or bad luck) of the draw thing!

You can also choose to speak with the service manager, and mention what you plan to do, and see what kind of response you get from them. Who knows, you may get a freebee....

+1 Write them they will fix it!!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #30
mimik
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
Sorry, have to do this...

Uh I was referring to Mtl Bimmer's post. What are you talking about?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #31
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Jalbert was by far the worst. Canbec is pretty bad too. I currently get my car serviced at BMW Park Avenue, and they offer very good service.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #32
335i_4D
Now in the dark side !
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 911S 997.2 Cab

And that good service to Park Avenue is partly due to Jan.

He's been very helpful when I've encountered problems with the sale's dept. and their "we're doing it because it's you" thing ...

About that new dealer ... is it a clone from a presently owned dealer or a brand new one ???
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #33
530xi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530xi

Canbec Body shop sucks. mind you we did once get a 330xi loaner car. Thats why we bought our BMW.

We bought ours from Hamel Blainville, love the service no problems so far. Ran out of courtesy cars for they gave me a 2011 Camry from Discount.

Service at the new BMW Sources sucks we ran out of there and drove to blainville instead.

Canbec does really shitty repairs that rust after 1-2 years now are fighting to get them to fix their terrible job. and have to share the costs..

I rather drive all the way to blainville from the westisland to take care of the car. It was cheaper to buy there(1.5year old) and they offer the appreciating asset coverage. New parts for all repairs and replacement with new model if VGA.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #34
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipdidi View Post
I need to vent.

This is a terrible fucking dealer. I was advised not to purchase my car there but the stupid in me didnt listen. Such terrible terrible service.

Brought my car in for the HPFP issue, it took them 1 week to fix it. They gave me a shit ass KIA as a loaner... When my car was ready to pick up (i had to call to ask if it was ready and indeed it was) i drove there asap (fucking traffic on the 15) and picked up my car. The service guy told me they fixed the issue and off i went... Until i saw the car was shitted on by pigeons and so on, told them to wash the car (i never ask for this but the car looked terrible). They wash the car and one of the their guys drives my car to the parking lot (fucking guy driving all fast and shit)... Anyways i inspect the car and i swear to god the car looked worse then before, how this can be sounds impossible but true story. I just said fuck it and off i went...

On the 15 heading back to downtown i noticed my Tire Pressure light come on (im freaking out at this point) and had to go back into traffic and waste another 1 hour at the dealer until they found someone that can reset it (phew no flat). I leave the dealership once again as i see everyone that works there just running around like chicken.

1 week later Enterprise charges me nearly 300$ for the KIA loner (WTF!?!?!)... Why am I being charged!? So I call BMW 3 days ago telling them of the charges, the service guy told me this was something he had to look into as Enterprise WILL not credit me back my 300$ - 3rd day in and still not a fucking call from BMW.

I paid nearly 80k $ for this and THIS is the service they give? Good god.

Question - I heard LAVAL is a much better dealership, anyone else can recommend them? Will there be any issues if i take my car there to get serviced from now on even if i bought from Canbec (I say "issues" as i know there wont be any problems but thought id ask).

/VENT
Dude its Quebec. As if service isn't bad enough in english-speaking Canada.

My condolences.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #35
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Dude its Quebec. As if service isn't bad enough in english-speaking Canada.

My condolences.
You do realize that the post you are answering to is over 2 years old, right?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #36
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

I bought a CPO at BMW Laval last spring and I have visited my SA so many time to make some fix..all free.

The service I got was A1, exepting the fact that the mechanic was driving my car too much (I saw this because of the MPG average)

Exepting this, I have nothing to say. I got many loaners..if you go there at 7:30 in the morning, you have many chance to get a Mini or 323i.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #37
Undies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

does anyone have the address and where specifically to send a letter to bmw canada? my car goes into the dealer every 4 months for weeks at a time. i think its time to write them a letter.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #38
TTE90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 white

And this is why I worry about my next service...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #39
n e x u s
Introducing to BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: xXx

Thumbs up

Sales has probably improved now as I have a very good moment up to now for my new car. You can see more details here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599729
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #40
Mustafa
Drives on the Bavarian Lane
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 e90 335xi

Sorry to be bumping a very old thread.

I got a call from Canbec recently, asking me to delete this thread because it's apparently on the 1st page results on google... I think I'll keep it and not give into their demands. I'm not sure how they found out it was me?

Although I love my car, I would be hard pressed into buying another BMW brand new off the lot. Just the fact that they sold me a car with RFT tires is a reason of its own to keep the thread up. I dont know everything about cars, especially tire technology, isnt it up to the dealer to advise about how fragile these tires are? Let alone how expensive? 700$ a tire? Too bad I went through about 6 pairs of tires and 3 rims before I actually swapped them out, my bad.

Also, the injector issues, the fuel pumps failing, the 4x4 sensors breaking, the list goes on and on...

Last edited by Mustafa; 12-19-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #41
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Lol. They can't force you to delete this thread, you aren't even the thread creator! (unless you're a mod, which you don't seem to be).

As for RFT... I will disagree with you there. That's not up to the dealer - the manufacturer, BMW in this case, has decided to switch ALL of their cars to RFT. And although I agree that they should probably educate customers more, they are already dealing with a relatively fragile sale, and the last thing they probably want is to further antagonise the customer by telling them they should probably consider changing tires.

Anyway - I know of a number of people who roll on RFTs and wouldn't know any better.

As for the other issues... this is why I sold my 335 (I was up to $10K, excluding labour, of warranty repairs - obviously not out of my pocket, but I kept track of the parts). That said, I would have bought one in a flash if they had the xDrive when I was shopping, and I will consider the new 3er when I'm buying again. I just enjoyed the car too much, even though I spent so much time at the dealer I almost always had a car reserved for me before asking, haha.
      12-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #42
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: R8 V10 / Cayenne GTS / Model 3

Whenever I brought my car in for servicing I dealt with Ciprian at Canbec...he's a good guy! Never had problems
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
max_k20
Bavarian Love
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230i xDrive

Never had any issues with BMW Laval and always had a good services on my car and even tho the loaners are enterprise I can cope with that for a couple days and never got charged. The father of my girlfriend is dealing with canbec and never had an issue with them except that they keep the car for 2-3 days for an oil change (wtf).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #44
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Sorry to be bumping a very old thread.

I got a call from Canbec recently, asking me to delete this thread because it's apparently on the 1st page results on google... I think I'll keep it and not give into their demands. I'm not sure how they found out it was me?

Although I love my car, I would be hard pressed into buying another BMW brand new off the lot. Just the fact that they sold me a car with RFT tires is a reason of its own to keep the thread up. I dont know everything about cars, especially tire technology, isnt it up to the dealer to advise about how fragile these tires are? Let alone how expensive? 700$ a tire? Too bad I went through about 6 pairs of tires and 3 rims before I actually swapped them out, my bad.

Also, the injector issues, the fuel pumps failing, the 4x4 sensors breaking, the list goes on and on...

I'm just a little confused.
You say Bmw Canbec contacted you to delete the thread but the user who opened this thread is Dipdidi and not you...
Did you change your user name and started a new account?
Appreciate 0