E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E91 335d msport rear camber settings?

07-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

E91 335d msport rear camber settings?

Hi guys , quicky here

Does anyone know the camber setting on the rear of the e91 pre lci 335d?

Reason I ask is (although hard used) Iv just pulled over after hearing a noise and my 8k old good years are both down to the canvas on the inner edges , tbh I was only expecting 10-12k out of them but this was a little soon

I have about 3-3.5 mm on the inner edges of the tyre left 4-4.5 outside and it's clear to look at the rear runs a good bit of camber , just wondering how much? As I tow with my car and that again lowers the back and increases the rear camber , and I'm wondering if its increasing it so much that the side walls are getting it ? (I can't tell as it was dark what's wore but will post back tomorrow with photos!)

But I'm thinking about getting half a degree removed (if you can) to try get them wearing a bit more evenly

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
Jules59
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Still searching ...

Are you running run flats ?
The stiffer side walls of run flats apparently causes increased wear on the inner edge, made worse by any extra weight in the rear.
Are you towing with too much nose weight in your rig causing excessive camber? I used to tow with about 70kg weight on the ball.
Have you lowered the car ?
You can adjust the camber but if you've already lowered the the car then the adjuster may not have enough travel left to remove the extra camber cause by lowering.
      07-12-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Severe tyre wear like you describe is most likely due to incorrect toe settings than camber.

Camber wear will tend to be pretty even across the tyre, rather than chewing the shoulder up. Unless you've got a seriously huge amount on there like some of the VW scene numpties.

Clearly you should have it checked, but i've run close to 2 degrees on the rear of my A4 for years with no abnormal wear at all.
Appreciate 0