E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Fuel Injector problems related to HPFP

07-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
dragan1979
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black E92 Loaded

Fuel Injector problems related to HPFP

I've had to replace a "low end filter" (~$700) along with two HPFP's. Today my car shut down while driving on the highway, and after having it towed to dealer and paying diagnostic fee, they say it's not the HPFP but another fuel pump in the tank. I would imagine if the HPFP is not performing adequately it would make sense that it would affect other parts integrated in that unit, right? Has anyone had other fuel related problems, where the dealer is claiming it is another part? I don't want to have to pay another $800 to fix this "problem" and then find out it was actually due to the HPFP. I can't get a second opinion at this point since my car will not start and nobody wants to diagnose without seeing it. Can anyone provide any information pertaining to this? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

What a foreman told me was that the car shutting off unexpectedly "sounds electrical." He said a fuel problem is not a complete shut off, rather a limp mode or half power, and long cranking. But it seems to me that they cannot tell anything without testing...good luck.

p.s. why do you have to pay? Are you out of warranty already? By time, you would have had to have gotten your car in July 2006, which is extreme...
Appreciate 0