E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Need a wheel brush and cleaner recomendation

11-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

Need a wheel brush and cleaner recomendation

I need to here what you guys think is the best wheel cleaner for my BBS wheels. The wheels are 2 piece, with a bare polished lip and powder coated (non clear coated) center. I'm having issues cleaning the brake dust out of the small areas on the wheels due to the centers being a mesh design. What would be the best choice of wheel cleaner that will remove the brake dust and not damage the powder coat and dull the polished lips?

Also on the topic of cleaning wheels, what do you guys recommend for a wheel cleaning brush to get in the small area of my wheels, the main area I struggle with cleaning is the part of the center where the "spokes" come together at the outer part of the centers. The brush needs to be pretty firm and cant be much wider than 5/8". Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Here's the wheels I'm working with:
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

here are a few wheel brushes you can take a look at

EZ-Detail Brush
Wheel Woolies