E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dealer Dilemma

03-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Dealer Dilemma

Guys in need of some opinions/advice,

Took delivery of my 2010 325i E92 from a main BMW dealership not long ago, soon discovered the drivers side headlight washer had stopped working (screenwash would spray under wheel arch?). Also, the washer cover wouldn't sit flush on the bumper after use, as in I could push it back in slightly.

The salesman who sold me the car kindly advised me to book the car into my local dealership & he will sort any issues out under warranty to keep me happy.

So booked it in with BM which went in today, got a phone call to say the technician had reconnected & secured the hose to the nozzle & all is well the car is ready. I asked the service guy to please check it himself & make sure all is 100%. Get another phone call saying the first couple of times the washer worked perfectly, then third time didn't sit quite flush, fourth even worse.

He passed on that the technician can make minor front bumper alignments in the morning to make up for the cover sticking out slightly, to which I wasn't pleased about. Said I wouldn't be happy with that type of fix & to take the opportunity to order in the necessary parts due to the car staying for another day. He informed me only faulty parts can be replaced under warranty, but will have a word with his people in the morning.

Where to go from here?

Cheers
Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Dragon88
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320i M-Sport

I assume the bumper is perfectly aligned and that it's the washer cover that isn't aligned? If so push back on the dealer to get it done properly, it's a well known design flaw on this model.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Yeah the front bumper lines are symmetrical - all good. They've now said they can adjust the actual headlight washer instead of the bumper (which wasn't an option for me) & failed. So I have two new washer covers & a nozzle being ordered in, thankfully.

Whether this will be a permanent fix or even resolve the issue we will have to find out. I'll be sure to use strong screenwash in the future during winter so I don't cause any problems for the headlight washers again

Appreciate 0