E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > connecteddrive "my info" problem

06-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

connecteddrive "my info" problem

Guy's,

I'm running the older idrive system (CCC) on a 2008 car with pro nav & telematics with BMW Assist.

Now, when I send a message to the car using 'my info' I can see the message, but when I open it and select 'OPTIONS' the only option available is 'DELETE' - all the remaining choices are locked out!

Therefore, I send an address to the car but can't then transfer it to Navigation as the option is greyed out!

Anyone had this problem? Could it be a software/firmware upgrade needed, although as far as I know, the last CCC software upgrade was done on Sept 07 ?

Cheers for any help.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

sounds odd, i'd call them up first and foremost and check it's not a problem with the data that is being sent..

i know for example if the data sent has no telephone information, the 'call' option will be greyed out
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Aaah, thanks BGM. Good point, it could be the way I'm sending the data (didn't think of that).
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

I've got a feeling there is a limit on the addresses held in the inbox on the old CCC. Try deleting some of them first, and then re-send to see if that fixes it.
      06-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, there is a limit, I think it's Ten. Unfortunately I've had this problem from the start. Thanks anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #6
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
When you go into look at the destination, are you going in via Nav/destination input/ select, or just looking at stored routes?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
When you go into look at the destination, are you going in via Nav/destination input/ select, or just looking at stored routes?
Well, I go into bmw services - bmw assist - "my info" and from there I have an option to update messages. When I select this option I see the messages downloading.

As far as I know there is no route planning on CCC, this facility came with CIC (I think).
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
It's been a while since I used the CCC. But I thought after downloading the routes from assist. You had to then go in as if planning a route and then select it from save/stored routes.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep
Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

Are you sending it with Google Maps?

From google maps put in the post code you want.

Click the 'send' button in the top right of the map, choose 'car'.

Choose and 'bmw' and add any phone numbers or notes yoy wish.

Put in your user name and send - it will tell you if it's gone OK.

When you open your i-drive you should be able to retrive the message and have options to save to memory, call the number or a little chequered flag which will start you navigating to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Spoke to bmw assist, and they can't see anything wrong at their end. They think it could be a problem with the in-car sim. Guess I'll have to book it in with the stealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falmouthboy View Post
Are you sending it with Google Maps?

From google maps put in the post code you want.

Click the 'send' button in the top right of the map, choose 'car'.

Choose and 'bmw' and add any phone numbers or notes yoy wish.

Put in your user name and send - it will tell you if it's gone OK.

When you open your i-drive you should be able to retrive the message and have options to save to memory, call the number or a little chequered flag which will start you navigating to it.
Yes I've tried sending from Google maps and even get a notification saying that the message was sent successfully, but nothing arrives.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprio View Post
Spoke to bmw assist, and they can't see anything wrong at their end. They think it could be a problem with the in-car sim. Guess I'll have to book it in with the stealer.
dont book it in yet. I have had a problem over the weekend with my info too. New destinations sent from google maps doesnt arrive at the ccc,

Ask bmw assist to raise a fault. They will then pass it to the connected drive team. if they can trouble shoot at their end first i aint gonna cost you time and money.

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #13
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv57 View Post
dont book it in yet. I have had a problem over the weekend with my info too. New destinations sent from google maps doesnt arrive at the ccc,

Ask bmw assist to raise a fault. They will then pass it to the connected drive team. if they can trouble shoot at their end first i aint gonna cost you time and money.
Mine's not been working of late, the last 4 attempts to send info from Google maps to the car have failed despite Google saying that the message was sent successfully

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 01:22 AM   #14
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Mine have been taking a good 24 hours to arrive recently. Sort of defeats the object really.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #15
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Hey thanks for this! I'll try a couple more google messages and if nothing I'll get back to BMW Assist.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #16
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

It seems a few of us are having problems with this feature. I rarely use it, but did send an address to the car on Friday afternoon. When I got into the car 3hours later, the address had not arrived - very annoying. Then yesterday I sent another address to the car, got in 30minutes later and both addresses were now there.

My guess is they have had some performance issues with their servers in recent days.
      06-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

I used it this morning..

No probs
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Finally able to send Google maps to the car and was able to transfer the maps to Navigation.

Messages sent to the car via "my info" now works but still a bit flaky.

Anyway, I'm only interested in the "google maps" bit - very cool feature!

No need to input a nav destination manually - all now done through google maps.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep

Spoke to call centre.

It is a know problem that connecteddrive and google maps has not been communicating properly over the last week and a bit.

BMW and Google are trying to resolve the issue. It can affect the connectddrive site too.

They didn't give a time frame for repair. So sitting and waiting. I hope its quick as the connected website site is shite to manoeuvre around. To much hassle. log in, plan route. yada yada yada..

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #20
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Spoke to call centre.

It is a know problem that connecteddrive and google maps has not been communicating properly over the last week and a bit.

BMW and Google are trying to resolve the issue. It can affect the connectddrive site too.

They didn't give a time frame for repair. So sitting and waiting. I hope its quick as the connected website site is shite to manoeuvre around. To much hassle. log in, plan route. yada yada yada..
Mine's up and running again as of this morning (Google maps - send to car)

I think the problem was more with Google than BMW as Google maps looks very slightly different, so maybe they (Google) were doing some updates or "stuff like that"

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #21
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Mine's up and running again as of this morning (Google maps - send to car)

I think the problem was more with Google than BMW as Google maps looks very slightly different, so maybe they (Google) were doing some updates or "stuff like that"
you just made me go to the car to do a test.

Yep mine is working again. Nothing has come through from the last week but new destinations have arrived at the car form google maps send.

Appreciate 0