E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit

12-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #661
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
Just a response to some of the comments about stereo, I just figured out that the EQ setting on my iPod hooked to USB Aux affects the sound quality! I was eq'ing an Eq! Just hope I'm not the only one!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #662
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

Went in for the Connected Drive/ BMW Apps update yesterday.

What a bunch of boobs the dealer was in Edmonton.

Had my car since 7:30am...get a call at 3:20pm that they need it overnight...oh and transportation from my work to home and home to work is up to me and not their problem.

Yeah. Nice Customer Service. I'm not driving a Kia jackasses!

Tried blaming me, saying I didn't mention the BMW Apps thing until I dropped it off. Umm No. I told you twice on the phone and told you what the issue was exactly and to contact the Dealer in Calgary as they are 100% informed of the issue.

Then tried to blame me (possibly) for the backfire, saying it might have been low voltage from the car sitting for a week, in a warm garage,while I was on a short vacation. Apparently I get charged 300 bucks if it is a low voltage issue.

What part of " Pushed Start Button, Started up in a second, backfired like crazy..no battery warning light came on" did they not understand?

Um nooo that would be a crappy battery, not driver issue.

Then got the 5 minute speal on how my selling bmw dealer (Calgary) should have informed me to purchase a Trickle Charger and how they recommend this expensive part...

Another example of bad CS in Edmonton!

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #663
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post

Had my car since 7:30am...get a call at 3:20pm that they need it overnight...oh and transportation from my work to home and home to work is up to me and not their problem.

Tried blaming me, saying I didn't mention the BMW Apps thing until I dropped it off. Umm No. I told you twice on the phone and told you what the issue was exactly and to contact the Dealer in Calgary as they are 100% informed of the issue.

Then tried to blame me (possibly) for the backfire, saying it might have been low voltage from the car sitting for a week, in a warm garage,while I was on a short vacation. Apparently I get charged 300 bucks if it is a low voltage issue.

What part of " Pushed Start Button, Started up in a second, backfired like crazy..no battery warning light came on" did they not understand?

Then got the 5 minute speal on how my selling bmw dealer (Calgary) should have informed me to purchase a Trickle Charger and how they recommend this expensive part...

Wow that story sucks!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #664
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Wow that story sucks!
Welcome to Edmonton my friend.

I really am Low Maintenance sort of person, I have better things to do then get mad, or complain, but these guys just end up hanging themselves with such major/epic failures of service.

35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #665
firsttimer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:

Wow that sucks...if it helps..the other dealership in Edmonton also didnt fix my APPS issue. But they picked my back up and said I have to bring it later. Like I like driving cross city to do this again. I bitched but they just said they were sorry. Also the guys who "worked" on my car, got my car more dirty in 8 hours than I had in 6 weeks.

They basically sell Million Dollar cars and provide $100 service and people.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #666
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Wow that sucks...if it helps..the other dealership in Edmonton also didnt fix my APPS issue. But they picked my back up and said I have to bring it later. Like I like driving cross city to do this again. I bitched but they just said they were sorry. Also the guys who "worked" on my car, got my car more dirty in 8 hours than I had in 6 weeks.

They basically sell Million Dollar cars and provide $100 service and people.
Wow. Looks like the "Edmonton" way.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #667
Weltall.
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335i S.E

Hey guys, making my introduction here, the wife and I have owned our new and first bimmer for a little over a week.
So far I can say its a pretty good drive, and the wife's loving it. We opted for ruby black as the oyster gives a nice contrast when looking at the car, I only wish we were given some nice sunny days to show its true color to colleagues and friends!!! All is working in the car, BMW apps working(I've been reading this has been an issue), no errors, so I'm thankful for that thus far. Just waiting and waiting for the break in period to be done with, so I can open her up a little bit!
My SA was great and hooked me up with a pair of performance grilles, these had us smiling when they pulled the car in for delivery. So far I had the car tinted, got a winter set with ws60's, and thinking of other things to get on the car, I've got the go for AE's because she likes the idea of installing the LUX Ambers, and being a bit different from others we may see on the road!
I'll try and get some pictures up, but it'll have to wait for sunny day after a good wash.
BTW, I'm unsure of which bulbs are used on the inner lights, not liking the dim look of them and want to change them to match with the Xenon? Night lights.
Thanks in advance if you guys can help me out.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #668
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Well picked up my baby last night.

Apps installed but I haven't had a chance to test it.

I also downloaded the BMW App for my iphone,s o I can track the car, lock/unlock doors, honk horn, GPS locate it, etc.

As for the backfire...they said they saw codes for numerous backfire condition for those few starts. Couldn't pin point the issue, on the service order it says "likelY' a low voltage issue. BS. If you can't pin point the issue you can't speculate it.

The SA said because you're a 1st time customer we will wave the 300 dollar fee that normally comes with low battery voltage issue. Ummm BS I say...you can't pinpoint the issue so you would never be allowed to charge me for "speculation".

Oh and then the upsell on the Battery Charger...450 bucks installed. Ummmm yeah. So You're telling me EVERY BMW Owner keeps getting charged 300 bucks because they keep having a low voltage issue with their new battery?

The next 4 years of maintenance/service is going to be dreadful dealing with Edmonton BMW dealers.

I'm going to write BMW Canada a letter detailing my experiences. For a premium brand, the dealers here are completely Ghetto. Oh wait, that's why I went to Calgary to purchase!

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #669
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltall. View Post
Hey guys, making my introduction here, the wife and I have owned our new and first bimmer for a little over a week.
So far I can say its a pretty good drive, and the wife's loving it. We opted for ruby black as the oyster gives a nice contrast when looking at the car, I only wish we were given some nice sunny days to show its true color to colleagues and friends!!! All is working in the car, BMW apps working(I've been reading this has been an issue), no errors, so I'm thankful for that thus far. Just waiting and waiting for the break in period to be done with, so I can open her up a little bit!
My SA was great and hooked me up with a pair of performance grilles, these had us smiling when they pulled the car in for delivery. So far I had the car tinted, got a winter set with ws60's, and thinking of other things to get on the car, I've got the go for AE's because she likes the idea of installing the LUX Ambers, and being a bit different from others we may see on the road!
I'll try and get some pictures up, but it'll have to wait for sunny day after a good wash.
BTW, I'm unsure of which bulbs are used on the inner lights, not liking the dim look of them and want to change them to match with the Xenon? Night lights.
Thanks in advance if you guys can help me out.
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #670
cgy-jim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335Xi, Special Edition

wow, morphius - you're getting treated like crap. I was told that the software upgrade to the Apps wasn't free and I had to pay. I said no way - it's on the sales order and they can fix it. SA told me she'd throw it in for free - wow, so special. But, the car was cleaned, polished and they picked me up for the ride back to the dealer. So, no big complaints. This was through Cgy BMW.

I'm loving the car - got cut off the other night by some dork and and had to swerve and punch it around him. Seriously, by the time I looked back, I was 1/2 a mile in front of him doing 140 at 5000 RPM.... I may have to look for other people to cut me off so I can do this again...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #671
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgy-jim View Post
wow, morphius - you're getting treated like crap. I was told that the software upgrade to the Apps wasn't free and I had to pay. I said no way - it's on the sales order and they can fix it. SA told me she'd throw it in for free - wow, so special. But, the car was cleaned, polished and they picked me up for the ride back to the dealer. So, no big complaints. This was through Cgy BMW.

I'm loving the car - got cut off the other night by some dork and and had to swerve and punch it around him. Seriously, by the time I looked back, I was 1/2 a mile in front of him doing 140 at 5000 RPM.... I may have to look for other people to cut me off so I can do this again...
Calgary BMW told you it's a fee associated with the upgrade? Wierd Calgary BMW is probably the best bmw dealer in Alberta. Who did you deal with?

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #672
firsttimer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well picked up my baby last night.

Apps installed but I haven't had a chance to test it.

I also downloaded the BMW App for my iphone,s o I can track the car, lock/unlock doors, honk horn, GPS locate it, etc.

As for the backfire...they said they saw codes for numerous backfire condition for those few starts. Couldn't pin point the issue, on the service order it says "likelY' a low voltage issue. BS. If you can't pin point the issue you can't speculate it.

The SA said because you're a 1st time customer we will wave the 300 dollar fee that normally comes with low battery voltage issue. Ummm BS I say...you can't pinpoint the issue so you would never be allowed to charge me for "speculation".

Oh and then the upsell on the Battery Charger...450 bucks installed. Ummmm yeah. So You're telling me EVERY BMW Owner keeps getting charged 300 bucks because they keep having a low voltage issue with their new battery?

The next 4 years of maintenance/service is going to be dreadful dealing with Edmonton BMW dealers.

I'm going to write BMW Canada a letter detailing my experiences. For a premium brand, the dealers here are completely Ghetto. Oh wait, that's why I went to Calgary to purchase!
Let us know how it goees with that letter to BMW Canada, I will be writing similiar very soon. What the email addy?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #673
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi 6MT

Can this thread just get a sticky already?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #674
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndog14 View Post
Can this thread just get a sticky already?
+1!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #675
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Almost at 2000 km. Car feels like it wants to move faster now. Pretty happy with this car but the f30 does look quite appealing. What do you guys think? Happy or wishing you got f30.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #676
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Almost at 2000 km. Car feels like it wants to move faster now. Pretty happy with this car but the f30 does look quite appealing. What do you guys think? Happy or wishing you got f30.
Interior of the F30 is hideous IMHO. And the Front Grill ...yack.

Starting to Look more like a soccer mom car....

VERY VERY Happy I got the SE.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #677
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
I KNOW, maybe its because I'm more used to the car and opening it up wider, but good lord, after 4000 RPM the car has what feels like effortless power. I've often forget that my foot isn't all the way to the floor....

And get this, I'm getting 9.3 l/100!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #678
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I KNOW, maybe its because I'm more used to the car and opening it up wider, but good lord, after 4000 RPM the car has what feels like effortless power. I've often forget that my foot isn't all the way to the floor....

consumption on the 335 has always been a huge plus. lots of power and very good on gas.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #679
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Damn. I'm at 12.5.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #680
cgy-jim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335Xi, Special Edition

Still showing 11.1 - almost never changes in the city
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #681
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I baby mine in the city then open it up on the freeway...maybe I should drive a bit more consistently...

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #682
firsttimer
Private
Rep

Quote:
That is a pretty good number, in general, in city driving how many KMs do you get on a full tank?
Appreciate 0