E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Wagner Tuning 335d Intercooler Kit Ready to Ship?

02-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #133
JP-76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Doublepost

Last edited by JP-76; 02-15-2013 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: Doublepost
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #134
E91335dscotland
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335d touring

Hey all I'm Colin from Scotland iv got an E91 335d se mapped to 354bhp and 696nm TQ and pipercross panel filter, these video's just made, is that seriously only as fast as you's are getting them ? I'm getting 0-60 4.4 , quarter mile 12.8 and 184mph flat out , il make up some video's over weekend, oh and my cars gearbox oil and diff overheat trying to put that power down for prolonged periods only solution oil cooler and custom M3 v8 diff :-( big ££££
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #135
JP-76
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91335dscotland View Post
Hey all I'm Colin from Scotland iv got an E91 335d se mapped to 354bhp and 696nm TQ and pipercross panel filter, these video's just made, is that seriously only as fast as you's are getting them ? I'm getting 0-60 4.4 , quarter mile 12.8 and 184mph flat out , il make up some video's over weekend, oh and my cars gearbox oil and diff overheat trying to put that power down for prolonged periods only solution oil cooler and custom M3 v8 diff :-( big ££££
I wonder how it's possible to get to 184 mph (296 km/h) with standard gearbox and revlimiter. I got only to 286 km/h (178mph) in sixth gear leaning to revlimiter real speed (speed information from GPS [correction: speedsensor]). And this was in dyno = no wind resistance? Is your remap interfering the revlimiter ( not very safe if this is so)?

Different thing is if you're looking the speed from speedometer, i've seen over 300km/h numbers from speedo in autobahn ([digital speedo coded] in tailwind and maybe a little downhill).

Last edited by JP-76; 02-18-2013 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #136
E91335dscotland
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335d touring

I don't have GPS so I was going by speedo and also the rev limit has been raised because my buddy's E90 335d has been running this map for over 2 years without a problem,he is also a former BMW mechanic that's why I let him raise limit
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #137
JP-76
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I don't have GPS so I was going by speedo and also the rev limit has been raised because my buddy's E90 335d has been running this map for over 2 years without a problem,he is also a former BMW mechanic that's why I let him raise limit
Okay, that makes sense
      02-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #138
tekaefixe
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 DCT CP PureMetalSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-76 View Post
Exactly like that...with a stock car, but the situation changes alot if you get it tuned. The reason for that is, that turbo pressures are much higher than with stock so temperatures inside the turbo will rise also. That's where you need lower intake temperatures (before turbo) and also with repeatetly done pulls you will keep intake temperatures (after turbo) more stable.

Intake temperature (after turbo) situation is also present with stock car (of course), but it's not so significant.

If the replacement cooler air flow is at least as goog as the original, but cooles temperatures better, it has benefits. Of course if it also flows better than stock cooler, even better.
Thanks a lot for the explanation

Hey guys that bought this intercooler come on, give us your feedback. Its really the only one that matters.

Thanks for the benefit of all of us
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #139
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Either today or tomorrow I will install the WAGNER IC, PACIENCIA amigos!!! dyno results thereafter ok
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #140
gruppeM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 335d M-Sport, 4.8is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-76 View Post
Okay, that makes sense
Your sig
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #141
frackje
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekaefixe View Post
Thanks a lot for the explanation

Hey guys that bought this intercooler come on, give us your feedback. Its really the only one that matters.

Thanks for the benefit of all of us
Or you might maybe be reading my replies, I gave all the feedback I could. Without software adjustment / remap, (and ambient temperature of 0°C), the car is Slightly faster than before. I know this because my buddy has a E36 M3 and he was always noticeably faster than me..and now after the IC he won't pass me before 220/230 km/h (from 60) It will get a Dyno + second remap within 2 weeks and will post the result here.
I will try to get it Dyno'd before the DPF is removed to see the result from the IC.

Someone also said something about my video..."is that all you can get"...well make your own video than and post it here.
BTW: Reading your Vmax from your speedo is so 1998. =O
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #142
frackje
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

So to be clear, I'm sure that the IC is worth it because;
1.-The temperature here is nowadays -5° - 5°C and I already can CLEARLY see performance improvements. (vs EURO E36 M3 3.2 @ 360hp/400nm)
2.-The cars' software is not yet adjusted to the IC.

Hope to can show you all some real results soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #143
tekaefixe
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Thanks for the information Frank

When will you have the car without DPF and revised electronics?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #144
frackje
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekaefixe View Post
Thanks for the information Frank

When will you have the car without DPF and revised electronics?

thanks
08/03 or 09/03! will post the results asap.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #145
corbin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d 2010 & x5d 2012

Axle,
I'm dying over here! What's the verdict?????
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #146
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

OK I have installed the WAGNER IC and trust me Im grinning like hell, the car is a COMPLETE person from the usual RENNtech Flash. the car respponds wayy better than before you can actually FEEL the car pull away from 60-80 mph. As far as fuel economy I havent filled up the tank yet but I feel having a lead foot I will lose some mpg. I will dyno some time this week and keep veryone posted. I will open a new thread as to the instal with pics and Videos sorry amigos the video is in SPANGLISH9Spanish/English) spo try to understand me LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #147
tekaefixe
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
OK I have installed the WAGNER IC and trust me Im grinning like hell, the car is a COMPLETE person from the usual RENNtech Flash. the car respponds wayy better than before you can actually FEEL the car pull away from 60-80 mph. As far as fuel economy I havent filled up the tank yet but I feel having a lead foot I will lose some mpg. I will dyno some time this week and keep veryone posted. I will open a new thread as to the instal with pics and Videos sorry amigos the video is in SPANGLISH9Spanish/English) spo try to understand me LOL
Ahahah nice where is the video and pics?? And the dino resaults ASAP

Thanks buddy!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #148
335dwagon
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335D wagon

It seems like most of you are very impatient and down right disrespectful to Wagner Tuning and the ones that made this happen. DieselDiner and Puerto Rican 335d and myself are the original people that wanted this done right away and I made the trip to do it. Let me ask you all a question about other cars on the road with high quantities of aftermarket parts. For example a Toyota Supra "I have one"! I have never once bought an intercooler based on flow rate etc. I have bought intercoolers before without ever even thinking twice about flow characteristics. For some reason that is all of the negative people in this threads main concern. These cars are not a High Performance from the factory, like a Porsche 911 for example. What is the big deal with bashing Wagner most importantly and not thanking people that actually made this happen?
      02-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #149
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dwagon View Post
It seems like most of you are very impatient and down right disrespectful to Wagner Tuning and the ones that made this happen. DieselDiner and Puerto Rican 335d and myself are the original people that wanted this done right away and I made the trip to do it. Let me ask you all a question about other cars on the road with high quantities of aftermarket parts. For example a Toyota Supra "I have one"! I have never once bought an intercooler based on flow rate etc. I have bought intercoolers before without ever even thinking twice about flow characteristics. For some reason that is all of the negative people in this threads main concern. These cars are not a High Performance from the factory, like a Porsche 911 for example. What is the big deal with bashing Wagner most importantly and not thanking people that actually made this happen?

Overreaction much? I've seen countless people thank you in this topic and other ones. Where have people been "disrespectful" to Wagner as you put it or even disrespectful to you? Why has Wagner released a product with ZERO data to help support that it does exactly what they intended the product to do when they designed it?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #150
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Hi Colin. We're not doing too bad over here on this side of the pond (into the 12.6's for the 1/4 mile).

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=33

This is by a novice driver (only four 1/4 mile pulls under the belt), 1st and only attempt on drag radials, with the DPF, stock exhaust, stock intercooler, stock air filter, stock open differential . . . The measured EGT's/Boost #'s all look good for these power levels with the setup being run. Data shows it could actually take more fuel at higher rpm's ...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #151
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Doc long time no hear as you well see the American Public reacts in this fashion because they want actual facts as to bench flow etc etc, they tend to disregard that WAGNER a reputable company went out of their way as well as you did yourself in driving approx. 10 hrs. roundtrip w/o YOU this Thread would of never existed,. and hence YOU ARE the MAN here and I respect your response. I for one give credit were credit is do and YOU and WAGNR deserve it, CX Racing is in the mix in doing something BUT I DONT hardly hear from others doing it I think there are only two other companies TRYING to do an IC. The product from WAGNER was described by my mechanic as being SUPERB and GREAT craftsmanship all other mechanics that saw said the same. The end result is that YOU DD myself and others who have installed the IC are very happy. R&D is expensive but some of us like ME are going to the Dynos and vesting our DINERO to see this or any other product i.e RENNtech or JBD work on our cars. Yes DYNOS are expensive but again we are NOT driving either Toyotas or Hyundai's which BTW are great cars in their categories. I hope I have come across clean with everyone and If i crumpled some toes , I apologize. Gracias
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #152
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

BTW for those that dont believe the product is good , trust me it is great, I for one have taken the gamble with RENNtech/WAGNER IC/ Invisihitch/ Koni FSD'sAmsoil cetane Booster and Diesel injector cleaner and yet I am still standing with my car running better than most of the D's available. Live is a gamble the moment you're born . C'est la vie Mon ami!!

Last edited by Puerto Rican 335d; 02-20-2013 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: Corrections
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #153
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Nobody here has said that the product isn't good or that the craftsmanship is shoddy or that Wagner or Doc don't deserve.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #154
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Greek amigo mio what Doc is trying to imply if he can correct me on this is that I beleive that most in the forums are not seeing the scope of the actual build and time that was spent on a product that WAS NOT available for our "D"s whatsover and to infer imply or try to denigrate a company because it does no a a BENCHFLOw or any data avaibale for whatever reasons is to disrespect the company for doing something most of us wanted and DID NOT have. come'on amigo lets be reasonable on this i got the product and trust me the car runs way smoother than before if you beleive me take a trip to my Island and i will let you drive my car and then you can attest for the product. i do understand your plught as well as other but if any person has doubt buy the product and do the data on it. it was recorded at another site that the temp dofferance beteween OEM IC and WAGNER IC was more tham 23 degrees in coolness, if that is not good reason to trust this product w/o benchflow or DATA then I dont know what else to tell you but trust me. gracias
Appreciate 0