E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2006 e90 - Flickering i-Drive screen, now totally inoperable

01-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
huskercubfan
STM TRPR
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i MW

2006 e90 - Flickering i-Drive screen, now totally inoperable

NOTE: I posted this in the electrical and the iDrive section as I'm not sure what my problem is here, yet....

Hey guys - you've been a good resource in the past. I did some googling and this is about the closest I came to a good idea of what is going: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1447530

Anyway, I have a '06 e90 out of warranty with premium/iDrive/nav and for the past month or so it has been flicking the iDrive on and off at random intervals.

About a week ago my iDrive just doesn't turn on. None of my "in car" sounds (door chime, seatbelt chime, weather chime, etc) work, I can't get the nav disk to eject (even tho all lights are illuminated), and the i-Drive/nav just won't turn on at all.

I checked all fuses as a first step and all seem fine. Am I screwed and need a new radio or is there cheaper more DIY things I can check?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
TheTal0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Sorry for the bump but My Idrive screen was kinda flickering today when i started my car for some reason

it didnt totally turn off, just kinda dim-light-dim-light rapidly.

any answers?
Appreciate 0