E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Any way to center AHL headlights?

01-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Any way to center AHL headlights?

Hi, I am in the process of retrofitting adaptive lci xenons. I already have everything I need to get them installed, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to center the headlights so I can install them while I get the adaptive feature working. The passenger side is centered, but the drivers side is pointing to the left. I was thinking I can just connect a battery to the motor that moves the projector, but I am not sure and I don't want to damage them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Hi, I am in the process of retrofitting adaptive lci xenons. I already have everything I need to get them installed, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to center the headlights so I can install them while I get the adaptive feature working. The passenger side is centered, but the drivers side is pointing to the left. I was thinking I can just connect a battery to the motor that moves the projector, but I am not sure and I don't want to damage them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
There is a post in the DIY section about this. There is a small adjuster towards the outside of the headlight that will manually adjust the left/right setting of the light.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
There is a post in the DIY section about this. There is a small adjuster towards the outside of the headlight that will manually adjust the left/right setting of the light.
Thanks I appreciate the info. I will search for it. Do you know if they will still be centered when I get the adaptive feature working? Or will I have to readjust them again afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

I found the post you were talking about. I had to max out the horizontal adjustment and it is still a little off, but close enough. I'm going to install them today or tomorrow and I'll post some pics.

If anyone knows of a way to get a little more adjustment on them I'd appreciate the info.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Do you have the ahl module or just retrofitting the lights into a non ahl car?
I had my lights replaced due to accident and one light was fine but one pointed to the right. Just had to do a frm reset and the light centred itself.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Do you have the ahl module or just retrofitting the lights into a non ahl car?
I had my lights replaced due to accident and one light was fine but one pointed to the right. Just had to do a frm reset and the light centred itself.
Yes I have the AHL modules and I already retrofitted the frm3. I just need the wiring and coding to make it work. I wanted to install them first while I work on that. I'll post a picture later today.
Appreciate 0