E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 6mt shift boot fitment?

03-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
01stang
Rep
Drives: E92

6mt shift boot fitment?

i was wondering if the 6mt shift boot will fit into the Auto/Step place?

the thing is that im gonna have the m3 tri color steering wheel coming the next wk, im thinking of getting the shift boot custom made w/ black leather and tri stitch on it as well.

i like the way the 6mt boots look, one coz it uses up the entire shifter part. auto is so tiny and hard to see. (trying to get my money's worth) in a way....

the auto version

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=shift+boot

the 6mt version (second to the last pic)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=rotora

Mods: Black out kidney grill, 6000k d1s, 6500k foglight, mtech angel eyes and cornering light, m6 reps, m3 tri color steering wheel, somewhat matching shift boot and brake boot, led lisence plate, led interior, led rear signal, led side marker, aero front lip, cf emblem overlay
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
01stang
Rep

man all these view and no one reply.....

anyways i picked up a 6mt boot from ohsnap wed and it got here in 2 days, went out and put it on and voila it fits like a glove, only problem is that u have to take off the wiring from the AT where it says PRND +- and have to connect to it and put underneath the boot. (if u dont then u cant put it into DS mode, but u can put in M mode, although u have to shift it to N then back to D ) its complicated so just take it out and plug it in!

snap some pics as well...

Mods: Black out kidney grill, 6000k d1s, 6500k foglight, mtech angel eyes and cornering light, m6 reps, m3 tri color steering wheel, somewhat matching shift boot and brake boot, led lisence plate, led interior, led rear signal, led side marker, aero front lip, cf emblem overlay
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
01stang
Rep

now awaiting for my M3 steering wheel and have to order me a shift boot in tri stitch!!

Appreciate 0