E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > can't decide what to get for my car!

08-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 335i -11

can't decide what to get for my car!

Soo, I'm looking into taking my car to the next level but I really don't know in what order to go.. I'm on a budget as usual, in USD it will be aprox 1800-1900 USD.
So, what combos would you prefer from my wish list below?

Already done:
- M-Performance kidneys
- M-performance CF mirror caps
- M-performance high-kick spoiler (Haven't mounted it yet though!)
- Michelin PSS 265/235

Don't want to do (At the moment atleast)
- Lower the car (This is my DD, and winters deliver shit load of snow up here in Sweden)
- Catless DP (SMOG test will fail with no cat, and I don't want to exchange DP at every emission test)

Things I'm a bit intrested of
- Combox retrofit to get BT + USB audio streaming
- M-Performance Exhaust
- Cyba 4" dry carbon
- Cyba scoops
- CF diffuser, I really want the DD style with fins, but my car is equipped with trailer coupler/tow bar/hitch that is foldble, and theese are not really compatible without doing cutouts in the CF, don't know how much is neded though. So the options is a OEM M-sport style CF diffuser, not the performance style.
- M-performance aluminium pedal set
- M-performance E-brake in Alcantara
- M-performance steering wheel in Alcantara
- BBK, either F30 M-performance or a used ST kit, something that fit 19" 313 AND 18" OZ ultraleggera
- Cobb AP
- 5" Intercooler (Haven't noticed any heat soaks, as I only DD, not tracking and don't do multiple pulls withing minutes.
Attached Images

Last edited by sx33; 08-02-2015 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 08:38 AM   #2
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx33 View Post
- M-Performance Exhaust
- Cyba 4" dry carbon
- Cyba scoops
- CF diffuser, I really want the DD style with fins, but my car is equipped with trailer coupler/tow bar/hitch that is foldble, and theese are not really compatible without doing cutouts in the CF, don't know how much is neded though. So the options is a OEM M-sport style CF diffuser, not the performance style.
- BBK, either F30 M-performance or a used ST kit, something that fit 19" 313 AND 18" OZ ultraleggera
- Cobb AP
- 5" Intercooler (Haven't noticed any heat soaks, as I only DD, not tracking and don't do multiple pulls withing minutes.
Combo box is OK
Mperformance exhaust is just noise
Tips are for looks but I like the look
Scoops are for looks.
Trailer hitch?
Pedals who notices
Alcantara gets dirty but I have in the center of my m3 wheel. I'd recommend the wheel with the lights or the M3 over the one you selected
F30 brakes definitely
18"? Go 19". Better looking and performanc. Oz wheels have been out of style for decades. Literally.
Cobb or juice box should be a first thing mod with non run flat tires and tint
I prefer JB4 G5
5" intercooler are a waste. Go big 7" or go home
I'd also look at coilovers and not for lowering, for handling, laser jammers, halos, reflectors, side markers, front bumper.
And in Sweden I'd have weathertech floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

My car has a DCT 7-speed, from what I've read the piggys won't work optimal with DCT and clutches slipping due to TCU never gets the real numbers from the ECU?
Thats why I consider Cobb with a PTF.
TBH I'm satisfied with thoose 306 crank horses ATM, no actual hurry for performance.

The trailer hitch is this one:

It folds down and is OEM accessory, realOEM and other states it's not compatible with the Performance diffuser with fins, only with the M-sport flat diffuser, that have the proper cut out to let the hitch swing by.

Regarding the PE, yeas I know it's just sound, but I want a deeper tone and from what I read it's one of best axlebacks.

The 7" IC require more labor/trimming and as I sais, I won't be tracking or do mutiple pulls, basicly I don't feel any heat soaks with OEM because of that.. Sweden is a rather cold country with ambient temps over 27 celcius is only a couple of days a year And most of my WOT are in the evening/night when I'm alone on the highway. That's why I considered the 5" to be more than enough.

Anyway, I'm asking for advice in what order I should go, after that we can discuss exaclty what pieces to order
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
Miller335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Trailer hitches?
Dont want go fast parts?

Thread delivers.
      08-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
My car has a DCT 7-speed, from what I've read the piggys won't work optimal with DCT and clutches slipping due to TCU never gets the real numbers from the ECU?
Thats why I consider Cobb with a PTF.
TBH I'm satisfied with thoose 306 crank horses ATM, no actual hurry for performance.

The trailer hitch is this one:

It folds down and is OEM accessory, realOEM and other states it's not compatible with the Performance diffuser with fins, only with the M-sport flat diffuser, that have the proper cut out to let the hitch swing by.

Regarding the PE, yeas I know it's just sound, but I want a deeper tone and from what I read it's one of best axlebacks.

The 7" IC require more labor/trimming and as I sais, I won't be tracking or do mutiple pulls, basicly I don't feel any heat soaks with OEM because of that.. Sweden is a rather cold country with ambient temps over 27 celcius is only a couple of days a year And most of my WOT are in the evening/night when I'm alone on the highway. That's why I considered the 5" to be more than enough.

Anyway, I'm asking for advice in what order I should go, after that we can discuss exaclty what pieces to order
Actually the Juice box makes more power and costs less that the Cobb on a DCT. Either makes the car a whole new car and you'll kick yourself for not doing it the day you bought it. Maybe other piggyback have issues but definitely not a juice box. And yes, I have both. I'd definitely pick a juice box over Cobb even if I wasn't saving $600.
5" has no power gains. If you wanna make any serious power in the future with fbo a 7" is required regardless of outdoor temp or how you do your runs. Labor is easy. I did it myself in 2 hours in my garage with basic tools. Pe is correct. If you want the sound you need it but I'm going opposite. Stock sound Uber power so people say wtf was that?
Hitch I still don't understand.
1 what are you towing with a BMW in sweden?
2 why not put it on a pickup or suv

These cars aren't made for towing any more than my corvette was. I use a jeep grand Cherokee to tow now. 7500 pound tow capacity. I tow a jetski. If I had a snowmobile I would do that also. A BMW sucs in snow and even more towing one. You're the first tow hitch on a 335 I've ever seen.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 08-02-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Alright, will look into JB and send Terry a message regarding DCT tranny in combo!

I won't go FBO, due to emission tests in Sweden, I don't want to exchange the DP twice every year =/

In Sweden I'd say Hitch is VERY VERY common, people are trailing everything from biceracks, jetskis, day-cruiser boats, caravan and so, most people use it for a normal trailer to go recycle old sofas or other big garbage, or when buying wood/lumber and other large items.. Cars like Skoda octavia, Volvo V70, BMW, the brand/engine size doesn't matter, are equipped with hitch here, either from factory or retrofitted, and aproved according to regulations.

Mine is BMW OEM, installed at the factory and registred/aproved for pulling 1500kg on my license, if I upgrade my license I'm able to pull 2200Kg.
I've read alot you guys in the US and what you think about hitches, can't really understand why though..
In Sweden however, a hitch is valueble and as I said, VERY common to have even though it's not used every day.
Pick-ups are uncommon though, could be because of gas price at 2 USD/ Litre

On the E92 body, I can tell it's quite uncommon actually, but every other E90, E91 are equipped with one..

Anyway, the hitch is staying, I can't justify a performance diffuser over the hitch
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Because the suspension isn't made for the load on most cars, especially sports cars. Wears stuff out like crazy. We use an Suv for all that stuff. Never a car. Usually most families will have a V6 Suv for jetski, bikes, etc and v8 for boats, trailers, campers (Britts call them Caravans) etc. I wouldn't go over a jetski or snowmobile on a 3 series weight wise. Kill your suspension, brakes, etc.
Juice box is mostly used on dct vs other Trans probably 4 to 1. Manuals are virtually non existent here and auto went out in 2008. On my 335 e93 manual when I bought it there were 3000+ new 3 series for sale on dealer lots nationwide. 2 of 3000 were 335i e93 manuals. If you ask Terry I think after he stops laughing he'll reply it's made for it. Some guys like an Alpina tune on their DCT for more aggressive shifting. It's fully compatible with Juice box or Cobb.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 08-02-2015 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 06:19 AM   #8
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I'd definitely pick a juice box over Cobb even if I wasn't saving $600.
Where do you find JB, and save 600$ compared to COBB?
The Cobbs are at 800 and the JB's Iäve found are around 529.
Yes there is an saving of about 270, thought maybe you know where to source the JB for less?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #9
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Where do you find JB, and save 600$ compared to COBB?
The Cobbs are at 800 and the JB's Iäve found are around 529.
Yes there is an saving of about 270, thought maybe you know where to source the JB for less?
they're $$479 on the burger site www.burgertuning.Com. vendors run specials on them. Cobb usually uses a flash. They're $100. Burger flashes are usually free.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 04:50 PM   #10
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Soo, I'm looking into taking my car to the next level but I really don't know in what order to go.. I'm on a budget as usual, in USD it will be aprox 1800-1900 USD.
So, what combos would you prefer from my wish list below?

Already done:
- M-Performance kidneys
- M-performance CF mirror caps
- M-performance high-kick spoiler (Haven't mounted it yet though!)
- Michelin PSS 265/235

Don't want to do (At the moment atleast)
- Lower the car (This is my DD, and winters deliver shit load of snow up here in Sweden)
- Catless DP (SMOG test will fail with no cat, and I don't want to exchange DP at every emission test)

Things I'm a bit intrested of
- M-Performance Exhaust
- Cyba 4" dry carbon
- Cyba scoops
- Cobb AP
you mentioned 265/235 PSS already done. Are the rear wheels 8.5" wide or 9"? I have the 193 wheels that are 8.5" wide (rears only). All have said don't put 265 on the 8.5" rim. Not sure of the p/n of your wheels though. thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #11
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

265 on 9 or 9.5 wheels. I have 9.5 so I go 275.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 12:54 AM   #12
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
you mentioned 265/235 PSS already done. Are the rear wheels 8.5" wide or 9"? I have the 193 wheels that are 8.5" wide (rears only). All have said don't put 265 on the 8.5" rim. Not sure of the p/n of your wheels though. thanks

Front: 8" - 235-35-19
Rear: 9" - 265-30-19

On OEM Style 313 as shown in picture attached above.
Appreciate 0