E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need help troubleshooting angel bulbs

08-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

Need help troubleshooting angel bulbs

Simply put, driver side is working, passenger side - not working! :-(

I thought it was the bulb and purchased stock bulbs, I tested both new bulbs on the working driverside and they both work but when plugged into the passenger side, it doesn't light up?

Any advice? Is there a fuse or relay that affects only one side? Wiring damage I should look for? I have the car on stands now 9:48 central...Thanks in advance....
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
yarviinn
Captain
Rep
Drives: E9TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew721 View Post
Simply put, driver side is working, passenger side - not working! :-(

I thought it was the bulb and purchased stock bulbs, I tested both new bulbs on the working driverside and they both work but when plugged into the passenger side, it doesn't light up?

Any advice? Is there a fuse or relay that affects only one side? Wiring damage I should look for? I have the car on stands now 9:48 central...Thanks in advance....
The wires are probably loose. Try playing around with the wires until it lights up. I had the same problem but on my driver's side. Some wire was loose so I used electrical tape to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarviinn View Post
The wires are probably loose. Try playing around with the wires until it lights up. I had the same problem but on my driver's side. Some wire was loose so I used electrical tape to fix it.
thanks for the reply i swapped out the DRL's also, finally got the trick down in putting them back! :-O tough boogers! i didn't have time to spend on the angel bulb for now, but i'll take a another look at the loose wiring as you advised, monday maybe. Thanks again
Appreciate 0