E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II vs. EXTREME Bodywash & Synthetic Wax

09-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
GE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II vs. EXTREME Bodywash & Synthetic Wax

I went through the 16 oz version of Maxi Suds II and was relatively pleased with the results. When I was looking at the Chemical Guys website, it rated the EXTREME Bodywash & Synthetic Wax product as cleaning, degreasing, and having a higher shine value.

Does anyone have experience with both products that could chime in?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
dankfanatic
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

the extreme bodywash does give a nice shine, but i don't think its much more than maxi suds gives already. its clean ability is average, not too bad, not the greatest. stick to their citrus soaps for good cleaning ability. i'd go to glossworkz if you want the ultimate in shine.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfanatic View Post
the extreme bodywash does give a nice shine, but i don't think its much more than maxi suds gives already. its clean ability is average, not too bad, not the greatest. stick to their citrus soaps for good cleaning ability. i'd go to glossworkz if you want the ultimate in shine.
Would you say the citrus is significantly better? As for glossworkz, I'm reading it's not a shampoo. Is it a substitute, though?
      09-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
335xi_zer0
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 2007 335xi

be careful with the citrus wash from CG. it's meant to strip the car of previous layers of wax and polish. if you use it, be prepared to do all the work again.

i just used maxi suds ii yesterday for the exact reason of not being able to wax it after.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
jsublime
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi_zer0 View Post
be careful with the citrus wash from CG. it's meant to strip the car of previous layers of wax and polish. if you use it, be prepared to do all the work again.
Depends on the concentration. It's a great soap for regular washes at the proper dilution.
      09-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
335xi_zer0
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh okay, never really thought of that. How much dilution should you use for a regular wash? I didn't buy it because of that reason it'd be great if I could dilute it enough for just a clean wash.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

I use MaxiSuds and DG 901 currently. I also have some Citrus Wash & Gloss and Citrus Clear(few ounces of each). The Clear is meant to strip period and cleans really well, the Wash & Gloss cleans well and shines some but needs higher dilution to really strip, Maxi Suds is a really good weekly wash not much in the way of gloss enhancers but that's ok QD's take care of that. Have not used the hybrid Glossworksz or Extreme Shines frankly due to cost. IMO stick with the MaxiSuds especially at their price for a gallon right now, cannot beat that value right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
sorryiwasnapping
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi_zer0 View Post
Oh okay, never really thought of that. How much dilution should you use for a regular wash? I didn't buy it because of that reason it'd be great if I could dilute it enough for just a clean wash.
according to my 16oz bottle of "citrus wash and gloss" 1 cap for 5 gallons for regular wash, 1 oz per gallon for strip.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
335xi_zer0
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I use MaxiSuds and DG 901 currently. I also have some Citrus Wash & Gloss and Citrus Clear(few ounces of each). The Clear is meant to strip period and cleans really well, the Wash & Gloss cleans well and shines some but needs higher dilution to really strip, Maxi Suds is a really good weekly wash not much in the way of gloss enhancers but that's ok QD's take care of that. Have not used the hybrid Glossworksz or Extreme Shines frankly due to cost. IMO stick with the MaxiSuds especially at their price for a gallon right now, cannot beat that value right now.
Yea I LOVE the MaxiSuds and the smell is intoxicating... in a good way. Cherry!

Can't wait to get a foam cannon either.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
dankfanatic
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Would you say the citrus is significantly better? As for glossworkz, I'm reading it's not a shampoo. Is it a substitute, though?
the citrus wash and clear can be used for your weekly washes, just make sure you use the proper dilution. i was told citrus wash n gloss is much more concentrated than the clear, so i wouldn't use that for a weekly wash. it also leaves some sort of glossy film, that i didn't care for. for stripping your old wax, i'd stick with the CG citrus wash thats orange in color.

the glossworkz is a soap, a pretty decent one at that. dont get confused by the "paint-cleanser" description.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

One other thing to throw in is, if you are using a sealant and not a wax as your lsp, most modern sealants state they are detergent resistant so they hold up a whole lot better to higher dilutions of soap.
Frankly I hardly ever strip via a wash but just let the clay and polishing do that for me. I do use enough wash to get things clean though.
MaxiSuds I use two caps per 3 gallons of water. Hardly ever use the other two and Wash & Gloss is totally seperated right now it's been sitting so long.
Appreciate 0