E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Whats the best set up for Valentine 1? lots of false call I think=(

01-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
anuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328 XI coupe

Whats the best set up for Valentine 1? lots of false call I think=(

I just got V1 yesterday=)
and mount it today~
wire looks bad though=(
anyway I went around shopping mall
I think there is no cop at all at that area
however I got 8~9 calls sounds crazy
whats the best set up for my situation?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

turn off X-band for starters:
http://valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

Your call, but around here, x-band is pretty much considered stone age equipment..

You're going to get false alarms with any detector. There are things that use radar, such as automatic doors, the huge road signs, etc, that are not threats, however they are emitting radar in that frequency. A detector that doesn't go off to them isn't working and doing a good job. There is no such thing as a detector that only goes off for only bogies..

And to be honest, when the sh!t hits the fan, I want to know anything thats being shot down the road that even closely resembles radar. I would much rather have it go off, I slow down, hit mute, and it not being a threat, than a detector deciding it's not important when it really is and I get nailed. Just my 2 cents..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0