F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > [Tutorial] Updating Service History using Tool 32 for EntryNav2 and EVO
GetBMWParts

04-09-2024, 06:47 PM   #1
f30tikka
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI 2017

[Tutorial] Updating Service History using Tool 32 for EntryNav2 and EVO

In my recent endeavours, I found myself faced with the task of updating the service history on my BMW equipped with NBT EVO or EntryNav2. To my surprise, I discovered a notable gap in available resources, particularly concerning EntryNav2 systems. Thus, I've taken it upon myself to compile a detailed guide to assist those encountering similar challenges.

Why This Tutorial is Essential:
Maintaining an accurate service history is paramount for every vehicle owner. However, the Black Box service manager often poses a significant obstacle, particularly for EntryNav2 users, by inadvertently wiping service records without recourse.

Important Disclaimer:

The information provided in this tutorial is intended for educational purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and reliability, it is imperative to understand the potential risks and limitations associated with the methods described herein.

By following the instructions provided in this tutorial, you acknowledge and accept full responsibility for any consequences that may arise. This includes, but is not limited to, the possibility of damaging your vehicle's systems, voiding warranties, and experiencing adverse outcomes such as loss of data or functionality.

Please be aware of the following specific implications:

Loss of Automatic Cloud Service History Retrieval:
Manually updating the service history as described in this tutorial may result in the loss of your BMW's ability to automatically pull service history data from the cloud. This means your vehicle will no longer be able to access and display service history information provided by BMW's cloud-based services.

Limitations on Editing Service History Entries:
Once service history entries are manually entered, you are unable to edit them individually. If errors occur or modifications are needed, you will need to wipe all existing service history records and re-enter them entirely.

Requirement for Specialized Tools and Software:
Restoring automatic service history retrieval functionality and addressing related issues may require the use of specialized diagnostic tools and software, such as AOS ISTA. Access to these tools may be restricted to trained professionals or authorized service centers.

It is strongly advised to exercise caution, seek professional assistance if necessary, and thoroughly research the implications of any actions taken before proceeding with modifications or repairs to your vehicle.

Prerequisites:
- Tool32
- PRG files for the correct headunit (enavevo.prg for EntryNav2 and nbtevo.prg for NBT EVO)

Steps:
1. Open Tool32.
2. Go to Configuration > Ediabas and set the interface to ENET.
3. Go to File > Load SGBD, Group File.
4. Select the correct PRG file, enavevo.prg for EntryNav2 and nbtevo.prg for NBT EVO.
5. It will now load all the jobs. The two main jobs we want to focus on are:
- steuern_servicehistory_add - This adds a new service entry with the correct arguments provided.
- steuern_servicehistory_erase - This erases all service history stored.
6. As we want to create a service history entry, we want to select steuern_servicehistory_add.
7. Now we need to provide some arguments to create our service history entry. I have created a tool that will assist you in generating the argument. Visit bmautotech.co.uk and select the Tool32 Service history tool.
8. This tool will allow you enter the maintenance date, mileage, dealer name and services that were carried out. Once you have filled out all the required fields, just click `Copy Generated Argument`.
9. Paste the generated argument into the argument fields and double-click steuern_servicehistory_add to execute the job.
10. This should add the service history entry to iDrive.

Last edited by f30tikka; 04-09-2024 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Fix formatting
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 06:45 AM   #2
MSF1344
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Hi Thank you for the information , I dont have tool32 where do I get it ?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 07:11 AM   #3
MSF1344
Rep

Hi again I downloaded the tool 32 but when I went to configuration- ediabas to change the interface it can not changed . do I need to connect to the car ?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 07:30 AM   #4
f30tikka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF1344 View Post
Hi again I downloaded the tool 32 but when I went to configuration- ediabas to change the interface it can not changed . do I need to connect to the car ?
Yes you will have to connect to the car. You can also change it in your C:\EDIABAS\Bin\Ediabas.ini. change Interface to STD:OBD
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 08:00 AM   #5
MSF1344
Rep

It is already set to STD:OBD , I need to change it to ENET as I am connecting my laptop with cable .
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 02:52 PM   #6
f30tikka
Rep

Quote:
It is already set to STD:OBD , I need to change it to ENET as I am connecting my laptop with cable .
Let me know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 05:35 AM   #7
MSF1344
Rep

Hi , When I tried you tool to enter my service history its just let you to enter 1 service history . how to enter all of my service history which noted previously ?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 05:15 PM   #8
f30tikka
Rep

Quote:
Hi , When I tried you tool to enter my service history its just let you to enter 1 service history . how to enter all of my service history which noted previously ?
You have to create another argument for each entry and execute the job again.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 05:33 PM   #9
MSF1344
Rep

Thanks but If I can not do it can I bring my car to you if you live in London . How much you charge ?
Appreciate 0