E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Okemos Auto Collection [Greater Lansing, MI Area]

06-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
Thumbs up Okemos Auto Collection - [Greater] Lansing, MI Area

We just purchased our second automobile in under three years from Okemos Auto Collection (BMW/Mercedes/Porsche Dealer). Bought my E90 from them in December of 2007 and just yesterday got a 2007 Mini Cooper S, with only 5200 miles, cold weather, premium and sport packages. Our SA was Caleb and he defiantly knows his stuff. He was even able to set the upper display in the tachometer to be a digital speedometer when I asked (impressive since they are not a Mini Dealership).

I know from the past two and a half years that their service and parts department is top notch and it is a big plus that they can perform the standard maintenance on the Mini as well! This, on top of a great price, friendly knowledgeable customer service and an excellent, reasonably priced extended warranty, sold us. I had been researching Mini Coopers heavily to make sure it was the right choice for us. Everyone that I talked to at the Okemos Auto Collection answered all the questions that I had about the car and they worked very hard to make sure we were happy with the entire purchase process.

A+ Service and Parts
A+ Knowledge and Customer Service
A+ Inventory and Prices

I would defiantly recommend this dealership!

Last edited by Back in a Subie; 06-23-2010 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
335Lubber
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Coupe, Interlagos Blue

Okemos

I've been looking at the M3 they have there and was all ready to buy it, but they won't accept a cashiers check from me since I'm out of state. They want me to send the check by mail, wait 7 days for it to clear, then come pick up the vehicle.

They said they have been screwed twice recently by fraudulent checks or some such, and are no longer able to lend to, or accept checks from out of state.

Doesn't this sound incredibly fishy?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

I was looking at an M3 there as well. Good to know you had a good experience
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
JackSpadesSI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi330xi View Post
Our SA was Caleb and he defiantly knows his stuff.
I sent emails out to dealerships all across Michigan when I was searching for my new 2011 E90 335i. As it happened, Caleb was the salesman at Okemos who responded to my email. In my (admittedly brief) experience with him he was very slow to return emails, but he did seem nice enough over the phone.

I did not buy from him (or Okemos) because he gave me a rather awful price on the new car quote. I cannot speak to his deals with new cars, but he was simply not competitive with other Michigan dealerships. When I asked him to drop his price lower he declined and thanked me for my time.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
Both of the vehicles that we have purchased there were used, so I am not sure about their new car sales. I do know that Caleb keeps busy, they aren't a large BMW dealership (compared to Detroit/Ann Arbor) but they service a large area. Scheduling appointments for service you can normally get in the next day, but the sales staff and the service advisers pretty much don't sit still as far as I can tell. As far as the out of state check thing, your guess is as good as mine. But I am sure they have a good reason to possibly turn away paying customers.