E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Frequency Intelligent Exhaust

11-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
mmorrismm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is AW Coral Red

Cool Frequency Intelligent Exhaust

Hey does Anyone have this installed? Sounds very interesting depending on the cost? Sounds awesome!

http://www.fi-exhaust.com/product/bmw/e9x_335i.html

Frequency Intelligent Valvetronic Exhaust System technology offers our cutting-edge intelligent ECU exhaust control valve, with an emphasis on the optimization of both acoustics and performance. It is a testament to our philosophy of the ultimate union of comfort and performance experience for the driver and passengers.
When the valves are fully open for maximum flow and power, it creates an exotic tone and allows for high performance. When the valves are closed, volume is reduced for a more low-profile comfortable drive.
With our latest technology, just one click on the remote control will setup any rpm to automatic mode. The automatic mode enables the system to detect the engine RPM to intelligently switch comfort/racing exhaust profiles. Users can also opt to simply switch valve on/off mode as desired by remote control when driving.
Furthermore, the muffler internals are individually designed and fabricated for each car model, a perfect testament of our insistence on producing the best customized products in the market with our Valvetronic technology for ultimate performance.
Each product has its own unique sound acoustics and performance, all to add the "extra" in extraordinary.
- See more at: http://www.fi-exhaust.com/product/bm....jD3YMQI3.dpuf
      11-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
trixdout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi 6mt

Let me guess.... $2k+ pricetag. No thank you... I'll just go ahead and modify my stock exhaust to sound like the performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Jsoboti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92 M-Sport 6MT

Very cool! Could be great for those early mornings where my neighbors want to kill me.

I've noticed considerably more dog poop on my lawn since installing my catless DP
JB4 G5 ISO FF | BMS Performance Intake | BMS Wheel Spacers | VRSF Catless DP | Red CYBA Scoops | Supreme Power Lowering Perches | VRSF Charge Pipe | VMR 810 19x8.5 ET35 19x9.5 ET33 | Michelin PSS 235/265 | BMS CDV | BMS Clutch Stop | 4'' Tips
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
mmorrismm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Cool

Yep I hear you.
Looks and sounds good though. All of these aftermarket exhaust are without Cats so is that really the way to go with our OEM exhaust?

I had the terrible rasp after putting in the catless Downpipes. So I Went and got (2) 14 inch Magnaflow resonators in place of the OEM cross-pipe and it tamed it down to much but did get rid of the annoying rasp. I like a little of the high tones but the resonators seem to get rid of it. Almost all of it so now it is just the deep tones. I miss some the of the higher tones. I wanted Vibrant's but the shop talked me into the Magnaflows since that's all they carry? Would different resonators like Vibrant's really make any difference?

I was on my way back to the muffler shop today to reverse it all, but gave it a nice last drive and liked how it sounds without all the higher RPM rasp especially with the top down. Now I am wondering do I just remove the cats and put the resonators in their place and put the cross-pipe back in? Maybe that will bring the tone and volume back a little?

Tough decisions. I loved the way it sounded after the downpipes but the 4500-6000 rasp was just to much. I wish I could keep it the way it was and just tone down the higher RPM rasp. I guess you cannot have your cake and eat it too? Just trying to find the perfect balance and combination. Factory sounded awesome.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixdout View Post
Let me guess.... $2k+ pricetag. No thank you... I'll just go ahead and modify my stock exhaust to sound like the performance exhaust.
      11-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
mmorrismm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yep funny. If you want to see who is pooping get a cam and then confront them. LOL. We just went through this where I lived and the person was threatening to post the video on our community Facebook page if they did not stop. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsoboti View Post
Very cool! Could be great for those early mornings where my neighbors want to kill me.

I've noticed considerably more dog poop on my lawn since installing my catless DP
      11-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
junniior95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Doesnt look like these are for n55 though
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
mmorrismm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wink

Ah your right my bad was supposed to be in the N54 thread. Yea crazy though that they do not have it for N55?
I need to see if I can get a mod to move it for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junniior95 View Post
      11-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
junniior95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorrismm
Ah your right my bad was supposed to be in the N54 thread. Yea crazy though that they do not have it for N55?
I need to see if I can get a mod to move it for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junniior95 View Post
Sounds really good though, id sell my BMW PE and get this
Appreciate 0