E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Fairfax Blows!

05-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Catfish454
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i x-Drive M-Sport

BMW of Fairfax Blows!

Besides the fact that I can't get phone calls returned from anyone at the dealership, and that my service experience with these clowns has been piss poor, I needed to get my 30,000 mile service performed before I went on a trip to North Carolina. As BMW of Fairfax is the closest dealership to my home, and that the 30k service is basically a quick once-over, I brought it in.

No sooner did I get it back after the service - literally on my drive home from the dealership - my Low Oil warning indicator light came on. Checking the oil level via iDrive, it was well below the minimum level! I had to put a quart and a half in it (which I luckily had in the trunk) to bring it up to normal. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't checking and topping off the oil level one of the easiest things they can do at the 30k service?

Just another example of the horrible service you can expect from arguably the worst BMW dealership in Virginia...and probably elsewhere!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Interestingly enough, I've been noticing a lot of bad things about BMW of Fairfax....
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
BoostedTerp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Go to Tischer, it's a bit of a haul from where you are but never had a bad experience with them.
      05-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Catfish454
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i x-Drive M-Sport

As much as I hate dealing with Fairfax, I hate dealing with the beltway even more! It would be a long, frustrating drive to Tischer's...but may be worth it as I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
One would think that they would perform service/inspections by a checklist and go over everything...this has not been the case w/ my experience with a couple BMW dealers.

Everytime i go, i always clearly state what i want done, and put it in writing on thier service form. Sometimes i've gone at lenghts to describe the procedure i want done. That way there is less room for errors or misunderstandings. I've had success by doing that, but it is not fail safe.

So i've had good experiences with BMW of FFX. I guess the only thing i would say is that my A/C blower was on the verge of going out since it was making a chirping sound. Basically the part needed to be replaced. So I was trying to do preventative maintenace, i wanted them to fix it. My car is under the CPO warranty now, and b/c the part hadn't technically "failed" yet, it wouldn't be covered under CPO and i had to pay for it. So basically, the part was failing, and i would have to wait until it failed before they would consider covering it under CPO. So by that logic i would have to put up with the annoying/loud a/c chirping and wait until the a/c unit failed and have no a/c in his hot and humid summer. I don't blame my S/A for that though. She's been great. She is bound by the BMW NA policies.

Oh well....
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
Cy3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S4

Very interesting; I go to them 100% for everything and never had a bad experience (of course leaving out the one time they forgot to pick me up from work in Tyson's). I try to make it as painless as possible - book way ahead, show up 30min before my appt time, and don't always demand service loaners. They seem to be hit or miss and don't pressure you to do un-needed repairs (again discounting the dent masters rep who comes out as soon as you pull through the 'magic gate stating how he can remove any imperfection he finds for a nominal cost).

Sucks you had a bad experience - but a dealer is a dealer is a dealer is a dealer. I will never go to Sterling as they don't recognize my existence when I visit.

Make a complaint they usually tend to make good on their mistakes. If I recall, for leaving me at work they offered me a full detail at a later date - I never cashed in on it.
Appreciate 0