E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BMW of Sterling

09-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996 Turbo

BMW of Sterling

If anybody is looking for a brand new mini or used mini I have multiple contacts that could help you out, and bmw of sterling will be willing to work with you as they know me.

If anybody is looking for a new or used bmw let me know as I have multiple contacts for this who are willing to work with you as they know me as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I hate to say this but when I went to BMW of Sterling, they weren't exactly the value leader. In fact, their price was realistically probably 4K over what it was worth.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
In the know, know BDO

Did you just fall off a turnip truck ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep

It really depends on who you go to see there. I can tell you the people to see and the people to stay away from. I've sent a handful of customers there way and the customers have been pleased so far. I know they have horrible ratings but that's based on who you see. The people I know personally are down to earth people that are themselves and don't try to use those corny used sales tactics that a lot of them do.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Did you just fall off a turnip truck ?
Lol are you referring to me?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
It really depends on who you go to see there. I can tell you the people to see and the people to stay away from. I've sent a handful of customers there way and the customers have been pleased so far. I know they have horrible ratings but that's based on who you see. The people I know personally are down to earth people that are themselves and don't try to use those corny used sales tactics that a lot of them do.
???? Not sure I understand... I was looking at a CPOd 1 series and they wouldn't budge on the price even a dollar.

Not sure a salesman would have made the difference there.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
?

Dealers, are Dealers, are Dealers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
Lol are you referring to me?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

I've personally never met Pat before but c'mon guys, can't you just realize that this is just an extension of sales marketing. There's obviously something being trade behind the curtains here between BMW of Sterling and Sonic Tuning. Who knows maybe they are just advertising for one another.
Dealers are stealers and that's all they will ever be.
It's shameful though that an automaker/company like BMW has such crappy dealers. I personally stay away from them as much as possible!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
huff
Chipper to Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i 4DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
I hate to say this but when I went to BMW of Sterling, they weren't exactly the value leader. In fact, their price was realistically probably 4K over what it was worth.
Yup! I agree, I ran out of that dealership the moment they presented me their price spreadsheet! They cater to High rollers.
      09-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #10
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
I've personally never met Pat before but c'mon guys, can't you just realize that this is just an extension of sales marketing. There's obviously something being trade behind the curtains here between BMW of Sterling and Sonic Tuning. Who knows maybe they are just advertising for one another.
It's shameful though that an automaker/company like BMW has such crappy dealers. I personally stay away from them as much as possible!!!

Nothing behind the curtains just trying to help spread the word and help two personal friends I know at bmw as they are pretty new to selling cars that's all. Overall I don't care for the majority of people at bmw of sterling just trying to help out a couple of friends. Wasn't trying to make this into a big thing. Was just trying to say that I do have a couple people who work there who will Ty and get you the best price possible. They are going to hook my boy up on a lease of $300-$400 over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer
I know Pat personally and he has no affiliation with BMW of Sterling. He's a stand up guy and helps others out. He doesn't have anything to gain by making this thread.

Don't be so quick to make assumptions on people that, like you said, haven't met.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #12
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
I know Pat personally and he has no affiliation with BMW of Sterling. He's a stand up guy and helps others out. He doesn't have anything to gain by making this thread.

Don't be so quick to make assumptions on people that, like you said, haven't met.
+1 i would agree 100% on this. Pat is just one of those guys, always ready to help. Unfortunately, in this crazy world people have this notion that no one does anything for free. Bad news for them, they are wrong.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #13
bosstanaka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I went to BMW of Sterling a couple months ago. It was the worst dealer experience I have ever been through.

The cars are overpriced.
The sales managers are a$$holes.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
tmaung
CCA Member#: 439255
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

I like the used car guy over at BMW of FFX. I wished I could have bought a car from him as he asked me thoroughly what I was looking for and when he couldn't find one on his lot, he asked his friends from Passport and other dealers and got them to call me. At least he went out of the way.

In Sterling, possibly because of my age at the time (25), they were mad about letting me test drive the used M3 (which I was looking to buy at the time) and so I walked out of there and when I went back for the 335i, a different guy took me to a car that wasn't cleaned and had some ridiculous wear (lease turn in) and said oh they are all under warranty. So I asked them to fix it first and they wouldn't for a couple of weeks and when I called later, the sale guys got mad at me for wasting his time....? I was like WTF? I am calling to buy a car which they said they were going to fix. Who wants to buy a worn out car when they weren't even budging on the price. His exact quotes were: "I am wasting my time with you. I gotta feed my family. So buy a car soon." I did the next week from private party and took it in for service and saw him there and told him I found a cleaner car for much cheaper price. He was mad but that was not the way to treat his almost ready to buy customer.
      09-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

The way I see it BMW of Sterling flat out sucks! Why would people lie about their experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep

Thank you David and Raja! I'm just trying to help people out if they are in the market. I have nothing to gain from this just trying to lend a helping hand to forum members that's all.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
???? Not sure I understand... I was looking at a CPOd 1 series and they wouldn't budge on the price even a dollar.

Not sure a salesman would have made the difference there.
This was my experience with every BMW dealer in the area. It might've been different if I had known someone though. You never know.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
dinkoh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 lemon/black

I agree. It's all about who you know, and not the particular dealership. If you're looking for a car, I'd check out Pat's contact. Doesn't hurt to try, right?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I had a good experience at BMW Sterling. I didn't end up buying, though bc I found exactly what I was looking for on the used market. This was back in 09...
      09-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
cshawkeye
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Only been there once to pick up a part. Was fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #21
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
The way I see it BMW of Sterling flat out sucks! Why would people lie about their experience with them.
If I understand you, I think you're missing the point. I don't think anyone is arguing whether BMW of Sterling is bad or not. Each has their own experience, which appears mostly negative. You made an assumption of Pat which was baseless.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
ColdTestament
Yep.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 Tahoe z71, 2011 e90 m3

i agree.. two thumbs down of bmw sterling.. bought car from them had accidents not reported and broke down like 3 times before even made a first payment.
Appreciate 0