E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

12-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #727
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
      12-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #728
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
we have over 400 bmws please please look at our site on blog look at our website we only advertise 400 bmws we dont need to advertise cars we dont have we are big why do we need to do this now being so big theres many companys that do this not far from me to try and look big please look around thanks
For f*ck sake.

Will you either READ what we write and RESPOND to the criticisms or else just LEAVE. Repeatedly ignoring every response and just replying with

"Well we are well poplur we got 400 cers per munth" is NOT helping anything. It is just making you look like a TOOL.

Hopefully I've put that in simple enough language that you can grasp it?
      12-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #729
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I think there's enough evidence in the thread to say that big motoring world are indeed lying and deceiving scumbags and no one in their right mind would buy from you! Fack orf!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #730
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
we have over 400 bmws please please look at our site on blog look at our website we only advertise 400 bmws we dont need to advertise cars we dont have we are big why do we need to do this now being so big theres many companys that do this not far from me to try and look big please look around thanks
I'm now absolutely convinced you advertise cars you don't have!!

"theres many companys that do this not far from me"

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #731
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
So why do you do you advertise cars that you don't have?

I just noticed the 'tags' below
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #732
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
What interests me the most is the manner in which BigMotoringWorld have gone about defending themselves in this matter.

Given the number of reports of everything from poor customer service to potentially lethal problems identified on cars purchased from them I would say that they are currently in an even worse position than the Sytner Group found themselves in some time ago.

The contrast in the manner in which they have dealt with the issue is quite startling. Sytner recognised that there was an issue with their public image and took steps to address this. They appointed a member of staff to deal with this issue, to liaise between those with problems and themselves and to act as a first point of contact to head such problems off as quickly as possible. Whilst there are still issues from time to time, the general manner in which they are regarded has improved immeasurably.

By contrast BigMotoringWorld have taken a different approach. Instead of engaging in dialogue from the outset they have instead attempted to change public perception through the apparent creation of accounts and posting of positive reports of themselves. The first two accounts (which ressurected what was then a six month dead thread that everone had forgotten about and kicked it all off) have never posted again. When it was suggested that they might just be constructs of BigMotoringWorld there was no denial, nor any further activity in the following 18 months! (Check the first page of the thread and the user statistics for the two BigMotoringWorld supporters).

A few more cases of suspicious activity in the intervening time and then we get bigbmw join and act start talking about them in the 3rd person as if he or she is not connected with them:

Quote:
they must get a lot right as they won BEST car dealer award 2010 or are you just upset that you didnt win it or are you trying to get as big as this company but cant
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Why have the Trading Standards been to Big Motoring World in the first place?
Quote:
because other traders and computations make false allegations but where found to be false but they do visit people that's there job to help company's trade better and if they was breaking the law they would shut them down they have been running for over 7 years from that site and getting bigger bye the day have you bought a car from them or are you just jealous of this company go look on there website look how they are doing come look for your self how they run perfect
Now it has become clear that in fact bigbmw is the owner of BigMotoringWorld! (I guess that it's easy to forget stuff like that.)

What we have yet to see is any public acknowledgement that there have been issues with the standard of cars sold and the manner in which people have reportedly been treated when visiting BigMotoringWorld, only an addmission that some cars have been inadvertantly left on the website following their sale.

Whilst I would not expect individual cases to be discussed in an open forum such as this, I would have expected an admission that there have been occassions where standards have not been met (even if they are only internal ones) and that steps have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

By way of comparision, let's remind ourselves of the first post from Sytner on this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Edwards @ Sytner View Post
Hi Wafik

My name is Darren Edwards. I am the BMW Franchise Director (South) for Sytner Group. I found out about your situation yesterday evening and have spoken with Paul Fruen ( the Dealer Principal at Harold Wood) on the way home.

Please accept my public apology for the service you have received and let me assure you that now that I am aware of the situation it will be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

This is my first post on this forum, however I intend to become a regular and encourage other members to inform me personally if they have any problems with one of our dealers. I have read a few posts over the last few hours (whilst waiting for my registration to be confirmed) that include “perhaps the dealers should join this forum to see what we really think" I think that is an excellent idea. Obviously we do not set out to provide bad service, exactly the opposite in fact, but if we do- I want to know about it - and sort it.

I will call you personally on Monday, Wafik, and together with Paul and BMW UK we will resolve this.

I can assure members that I will not post commercially minded posts on here as that is against the spirit of forums (I post frequently on other motor related forums, so am conversant with the do's and don’ts)

Again, my apologies, look forward to speaking to you on Monday.
No attempt to hide or confuse their identity, an admission that they had fallen below the standards that they expected of themselves, and an immedaiate attempt to start putting things right. Bit of a contrast eh?

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #733
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Why even bother to try and correct these sorry souls?!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #734
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Why even bother to try and correct these sorry souls?!
You're right, there's no point trying.

Far better to let them keep posting, and thereby increasing the view count. I've just checked back and just ten days ago, the view count was 59,588. It's now gone up by 7,195 views as of one minute ago. Now standing at 66,783 and counting.

Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #735
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

So now the following tags referencing big motoring world have been displayed 66,783 times:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The tags in this topic
3 series, big motoring world, cants proper, cocks, con, false advertising, kent, liars, muppet f*ckers, pikey, really bad at english, sale, scumbags, tell trading standards, thieves, tossers, used bmw, wankers

Good job bigsy
      12-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #736
sufchenko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

400 full stops. I'm giving them away
      12-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #737
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow. That actually was 400 full stops. I had to drop them into Textpad and count them. I'm sad like that.
      12-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #738
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I'm even sadder. Although there are 400 dots, he's accidentally put a space in the middle of one of the runs rather than between runs. So he's only technically correct.

They don't call me a pedant for nothing!

Edit: The space only appears when you copy it into Word.

Pedants of the world unite!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #739
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Wow. That actually was 400 full stops. I had to drop them into Textpad and count them. I'm sad like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
I'm even sadder. Although there are 400 dots, he's accidentally put a space in the middle of one of the runs rather than between runs. So he's only technically correct.

They don't call me a pedant for nothing!

Edit: The space only appears when you copy it into Word.

Pedants of the world unite!!!!!!!!
Get a room....
      12-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #740
effone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d m sport

how long have they been in business for ??

just curious as if these people are as shite as this thread makes out... how come they're still in business ??

btw - i went there to look at a 530d back in the day... and left pissed off as there was no way on gods earth they'd have given me a test drive...

they did me a great service however... as i may have ended up getting the wrong car instead of my 335d beauty that i have now...

ian b
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #741
effone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d m sport

anyway, nevermind all that - the thing funnier than this thread is the keywords in the 'tag' section at the bottom of the page...

ian b
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #742
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by effone View Post
anyway, nevermind all that - the thing funnier than this thread is the keywords in the 'tag' section at the bottom of the page...

ian b
      12-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #743
Swordfish707
Rep
Drives: 320i

Eats, roots, shoots and leaves.

Quote:
"Big Motoring World", have to say sounds more like "Bogus Moronic Wheedlers". You'll never sell to BMW customers if you can't do simple spelling and punctuation. You don't even bother with apostrophes, commas or full stops, as the title of my post suggests, punctuation is important, else your descriptive sentence about pandas rapidly becomes a descriptive sentence about one-night-stands.

Try again.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #744
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
So now the following tags referencing big motoring world have been displayed 66,783 times:

Good job bigsy
You can add 2 of your own tags. I opted for muppet f*ckers, but I'm still thinking about the second one.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #745
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

I've added "bigsy backward" and "liars".

not the best additions but two things that needed to be said

who the feck added "perrywinkle blue" - love it
      12-17-2010, 02:12 AM   #746
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I can't prove anything, but I suspect that Will is responsible for Perrywinkle Blue.

He is also in bigbmws friends list
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 06:16 AM   #747
philreid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Well cover me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes. I didn't think things could get any worse for Big Motoring World, and then I logged on and had the last six or seven pages to read.

It's like a massive car crash involving 400 BMWs in a field somewhere in Kent!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 05:15 AM   #748
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Big Motoring World.