E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > JBL MS-8 & Front Aero - Please see

08-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

JBL MS-8 & Front Aero - Please see

What do people think of this as a place to source from?

RE: MS-8.. If I buy from Germany using the link below on ebay, what other fees / costs should I expect ?! Import duty / RM handling fees etc etc?? Has anyone bought from this from Germany before or can guide me to prices etc?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-2012-JBL-...item53ee80474e

RE: Aero Lip.. Thoughts on this seller / material please folks? It's fairly decently priced and the guy has sold quite a few too! Not the cheap stuff you get from one seller from Poland (no offence if you're reading this).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3603589916...84.m1423.l2649
      08-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
What do people think of this as a place to source from?

RE: MS-8.. If I buy from Germany using the link below on ebay, what other fees / costs should I expect ?! Import duty / RM handling fees etc etc?? Has anyone bought from this from Germany before or can guide me to prices etc?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-2012-JBL-...item53ee80474e

RE: Aero Lip.. Thoughts on this seller / material please folks? It's fairly decently priced and the guy has sold quite a few too! Not the cheap stuff you get from one seller from Poland (no offence if you're reading this).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3603589916...84.m1423.l2649
That's a cracking price for the ms8 . It cost me 600 quid few months back. Not sure about German eBay but I bought a set of jehnert woofers direct from germany had to pay there tax think it was 20% but there was no import duty at this end.

blackchrome csl,s // eibach pro kit //bitstein B4s// shortened bumpstops//front and rear brembo performance brakes// jbl ms8//focal 100krs// rainbow dlx5 centre, rear//jenhert xe200//cas audio corner loaded sub// jl10v3 sub// jl xd500/3 xd400/4// technic harness// 808mguy adapters
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Hi mate, Germany's vat is 19%, though there shouldn't be any problems. I buy most of my stuff for the car from Germany as it's much cheaper, and I haven't had any issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

I've been watching that aero lip as I thought it seemed well priced....

Would be interested in hearing feedback too!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macck View Post
That's a cracking price for the ms8 . It cost me 600 quid few months back. Not sure about German eBay but I bought a set of jehnert woofers direct from germany had to pay there tax think it was 20% but there was no import duty at this end.
I'm going to wait a couple more days as may have the chance to buy one for VERY VERY cheap like £250!!! Someone I know has landed one in their hands and hasn't a clue what it does and of course without taking the piss too much may just drop by cash in hand but see what happens. Otherwise I'll get it from Germany. If the instructions come in Germany I can always download an English manual.. can't be that hard!

My only concern is what I would be paying for shipping!? Would anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprio View Post
Hi mate, Germany's vat is 19%, though there shouldn't be any problems. I buy most of my stuff for the car from Germany as it's much cheaper, and I haven't had any issues.
Oh really? That's good to know atleast it's safe to buy from there too. I've never bought anything from Europe and only from USA / UK so don't know how this works tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
I've been watching that aero lip as I thought it seemed well priced....

Would be interested in hearing feedback too!
I might take the plung and get this before the MS8 as exterior needs sorting first and my rear M3 lip is on it's way soon too !!

Do it Do it Do it
      08-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
a11y
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW T5 Campervan...

Garage List
Germany's within the EU so no import tax (you're already paying the tax at time of purchase in the same way we have VAT).

Anywhere outside the EU (US and fare east for example) and you might get hit with import duty.

I buy a lot of mountain-biking stuff online from Germany as it's cheaper than the UK - no problems whatsoever. The Germans don't f**k around with online buyers!

P.S. Google translate is a great tool when you're browsing ebay.de!
      08-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11y View Post
Germany's within the EU so no import tax (you're already paying the tax at time of purchase in the same way we have VAT).

Anywhere outside the EU (US and fare east for example) and you might get hit with import duty.

I buy a lot of mountain-biking stuff online from Germany as it's cheaper than the UK - no problems whatsoever. The Germans don't f**k around with online buyers!

P.S. Google translate is a great tool when you're browsing ebay.de!
So apart from the cost of the item and shipping fees, do I need to factor for an additional 19% german tax - just so I'm clear?
      08-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

The price of the item should be inclusive of 19% vat, but for peace of mind just send them an email and ask, most German online retailers speak good English. If the price includes vat than you're good to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Hi Sam

As has been already said, within the EU is VAT payable in the country of origin, no import duty. Should just be what is advertised plus shipping. That said, the MS8 seller on that link is US based, it's just showing up on the German eBay site so will incur UK VAT, imrt duty and handling fees.

If you PM Mob17 he managed to get one from a UK dealer with full warranty quite a bit below list, he may divulge his contact of you ask nicely!
      08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
Hi Sam

As has been already said, within the EU is VAT payable in the country of origin, no import duty. Should just be what is advertised plus shipping. That said, the MS8 seller on that link is US based, it's just showing up on the German eBay site so will incur UK VAT, imrt duty and handling fees.

If you PM Mob17 he managed to get one from a UK dealer with full warranty quite a bit below list, he may divulge his contact of you ask nicely!
Hey Matt,

Thanks for that. Yeah I saw that particular product is from the USA just showing up on the German site so guess no go there. Thanks for the subtle hint, I’ll PM Mob 17