E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Advice

01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2011 335

Advice

Hey, so I been reading through these threads alot and I really want to replace my head unit with a Pioneer AVH-X7500BT and the AVIC-U250 to add navigation. I will be relocating my OEM HU to the trunk to retain all current fuctions. My concern now is the wiring and harnesses, i have no clue what i will need, I still want to be able to use my steering wheel controls. I would really appreciate any insight on this. Also can anyone point me in the direction of a dash kit for a single din. Thanks in advance..
      01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Cheesegeezer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

With regards to wiring, i can't help unfortunately as i have no experience, however if you google e90 Connect2 single din facia/dash kit ,you should get some hits local to you. My links would be pointless as i'm in the UK.

Alternatively go to http://www.connects2.com/ and select BMW 3 series to see all available kits/interfacing options they do.

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegeezer
With regards to wiring, i can't help unfortunately as i have no experience, however if you google e90 Connect2 single din facia/dash kit ,you should get some hits local to you. My links would be pointless as i'm in the UK.

Alternatively go to http://www.connects2.com/ and select BMW 3 series to see all available kits/interfacing options they do.
Thanks man...one piece to the puzzle...lol
      01-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
Dannyboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

The main wiring harness out there is made by Metra, not theonly one butseems to be themost popular. They also make the fascia and trim panel. Youre also going to need an antenna adapter.

As far as the steering wheel controls go, I use the PAC swi-rc and the swi can2. You need the swi-can2 for sure but you want to go the PAC site to verify which other uni interfaces with your radio.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
The main wiring harness out there is made by Metra, not theonly one butseems to be themost popular. They also make the fascia and trim panel. Youre also going to need an antenna adapter.

As far as the steering wheel controls go, I use the PAC swi-rc and the swi can2. You need the swi-can2 for sure but you want to go the PAC site to verify which other uni interfaces with your radio.
cool...so i found the dash kit...have u replaced your head unit if so did u relocate it to the trunk? the harness stuff is like a different language to me...