E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Attended the BMW 2-day driving school

05-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
BeAmW335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Attended the BMW 2-day driving school

Recently went to the 2 day driving school in South Carolina. We primarily drove the 535s and 550s because all the 335s were being used for other events. I'm sure you guys have read other reviews of BMW driving school, so I won't go into too much detail. We did autocross, handling, skid pad, rat race, abs exercises, double lane change, and some laps around the track.

Overall a great experience, but I wish we had a lot more seat time. There are two drivers per car, and in reality, each driver really doesn't get more than a few minutes of driving per event. Most of the time you are either in the classroom, or waiting in the car for your turn while others are on the track, or in the passenger seat. Each day we were in the class at 8:30, but did not go out until 10am, then at least an hour for lunch, and they wrap up things as they get close to 4pm. Also, after every event, there was a small break. Some breaks were longer and required going back into the classroom. If you picked up your car at SC and did the 1/2 day of driving experience, which is included as part of the delivery process, you might feel like the cost of this class for the amount of true seat time you get is not justified.

Also had the chance to take 3 laps in a Z4 coupe, Alpina B7 and the M6. Overall, I had a good time and a good learning experience, but I'll be joining the local BMWCCA for further events.