E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 4th time the charm?

05-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

4th time the charm?

Well I am trying for the 4th time now to have my GIAC software installed. The first time I came in they pulled codes for the high-pressure fuel pump and thought I should get that fixed first before we install. Makes sense, no problem. Take the car into BMW dealer and they explain I just needed a software update. Take the car back to have software installed and now we have two problems. First, still pulling up codes for fuel pump. Second, the BMW update is newer than GIAC software. They tell me they need my car for the day so they can download my software, send it GIAC who then updates and sends back. However, that just won't work for me and I decide to wait a while. I had heard there was a potential recall on the fuel pumps and thought I would wait. Sure enough, a couple months later i get the call from BMW to bring my car to have fuel pump replaced. A few weeks later I call Matrix Integrated again about bringing my car in and told that GIAC is only a week or two behind whatever BMW software update so we should be good to go. So now I am on my third attempt. Within a few minutes the tech comes out to tell me that the GIAC software is not a match for my ECU # and they need to send my software to GIAC afterall. A week later I am now back waiting for my install. So far, so good but I keep waiting for the tech to come out and give me more bad news. I feel like I am at the hospital waiting for the MD to come out and give me news about my wifes boob job. I will try and post an update as news comes in and once I get a chance to drive her hopefully new and improved.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

I got my fingers crossed. Hopefully the boobs look good.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Thanks man. The suspense is killing me but I figure I haven't heard anything yet so that must be good news. The best part is, unlike the boobs, you get to play with this right away.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBMW View Post
Thanks man. The suspense is killing me but I figure I haven't heard anything yet so that must be good news. The best part is, unlike the boobs, you get to play with this right away.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0