E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have a Rant Thread...

08-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #243
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Bloody 4x4ists, I was joining the m20 (driving my transit) I reduced my speed on the slip road so I could slot in behind a lorry instead of trying to get past it on the slip. The cunt in the white X6 behind me pulls out then accelerates into the space I was going to pull into, I pull in behind him & give him a flash of the lights & he steps on the brakes, then pulls into the middle lane gets alongside me & starts screaming at me to pull over onto the hard shoulder so he can & I quote 'smash me up'. The arse had his missus & a kid in the car...what a fukin arse, just the kind of fool i would expect to drive a fuckin X6 piece of shit
That's exactly the shit kinda driving i'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #244
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
See my post above. If you bully into a space you will either come across a passive like me who will pull back and mutter under their breath or an aggressive driver who will react to you invading their space. Why bully into a space? Because you drive a tank?
I said i DON'T bully into a space! That's why i indicate! Esp because i know what it's like to have idiot Chelsea tractor drivers who bully their way about as I also drive a S reg 306 which is pretty small/flimsy, and a X reg Fiesta which is as study as tin foil. In fact i've not driven the X5 for ages as the other half bullies her way about Glasgow in it now

I guess you have to drive through Glasgow on the M8 to really get what i'm talking about with all the slip roads on both sides.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 10:42 AM   #245
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post
Fully sympathise with you mate. Worst incident I had was in my early days of driving and I was in my old Corsa. I was on the M6 northbound and middle and outer lanes were signalled as closed for a good 2 miles at least. Traffic started merging so I moved into the left lane.

Then cones started appearing to close the lanes down and force everyone to merge by which point 99% of people had and obviously causing a long tailback. Then in my right wing mirror I notice some cunt in an astra or something absolutely bombing it down the outer lane, straddling the cones and he just got to that point where he absolutely had to join the left lane and guess who was in his path? Me.

So being the sensible sort I moved forward and blocked him from getting in. Felt like I shouldn't reward his bad behaviour the prick. Obviously he didn't enjoy this 1 bit and the horning and swearing and rage started so I just ignored him (had his missus and kids with him too). Thought he'd calm down once we got through the lane closure.

Wrong... as we both got out of the lane closure I started to speed up, he came from behind got in the middle lane and mouthed off at me "im gonna fuckin kill you" then deliberately tried to ram his car into the side of mine! I had to swerve into the hard shoulder to stop him at which point he tried 2 or 3 times again while his missus was screaming at him.

Not afraid to say I almost shat myself lol. So I gave up and slammed on the brakes, pulled my phone out and called the cops. No idea if they ever did anything about it despite giving his plate etc.
I actually witnessed a van driver put a corsa into the embankment on the M80. Total road rage because the Corsa driver joined at say 50 and van driver had to brake as he was doing 70 in the inside lane and there was a line of traffic going past him. I was in that line of traffic (funny aside - everybody who was called to give a witness statement was overtaking the guy doing 70 at 70!) The van driver got community service and lost his licence and probably his job. He stopped and subsequently confessed which was what probably saved him from a custodial sentence. But it was amazing to see him go for totally out of control running back to remonstrate with the Corsa driver to remorse once he realised what he'd done. I'd say he was lucky the guy was travelling without his baby (there was baby seat in car) and wasn't injured

I guess it's an age thing - you get older and mellower and realise there's more to life!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #246
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Motorway driving is the worst. 90% of drivers don't drive properly. The amount of lorries dont help either as most people dont want to move into the first lane then have to slow down to get into the middle. They should ban lorries from the second lane.

Thats why i love European motorways. They know how to drive and its very relaxing. No one hogs the second or third lane.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #247
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
We are all trying to get somewhere, some in more of a hurry than others. I'm happy enough to lift off slightly to let someone out if I see them indicating
But when u let someone out & after they do there overtake they then continue to stay in the lane you let them into & then don't move back, causing you to sit behind them for mile after mile, now that fucking annoys me & middle or outside lane hoggers what fuckers they are GGRRR
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 02:44 AM   #248
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Motorway driving is the worst. 90% of drivers don't drive properly. The amount of lorries dont help either as most people dont want to move into the first lane then have to slow down to get into the middle. They should ban lorries from the second lane.

Thats why i love European motorways. They know how to drive and its very relaxing. No one hogs the second or third lane.
+1, driving in Germany is a pleasure. The road quality is better, no-one hogs the overtaking lanes and lorries are banned from the roads on the weekends. Not to mention the lack of a speed limit on some roads

Iceland is fantastic as the roads are underutilised and you can drive for hours and only see a few cars. The tolls in France ruin it as you get timed between tolls for speeding.

I saw a government advert last night on the telly about road rage. It must becoming a real issue if the government are spending money on adds to address road rage. Too many people are using the roads and they are trying to accommodate lorries, vans, busses, taxi’s, coaches and of course my friends the cyclists.

I hate it when lorries try to overtake each other to go ½ mph faster. Banning lorries from the road in daytime would reduce accidents and reduce overcrowding.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 04:24 AM   #249
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

There's a few things "those that are in charge" should really look at sorting out:

1) Investing outside the M25. Everything is geared towards improving public transport links and services in London but sod all is done about the rest of the failing infrastructure in the UK. The argument that it's because most of the money is generated and spent in London is only because that's a self fulfilling prophecy. The rest of the UK is lagging behind majorly and regulations and poor funding prohibits progress.
So many towns and cities especially up north have shite Road quality, poor traffic management, worse public transport services, plenty of space to develop but no money.

2) subsidise/incentivise rail and domestic air travel to alleviate the pressure on the roads and yes that includes developing better rail links to none London airports and opening up domestic air routes. Rail transport is disproportionately expensive and only encourages people to travel by car adding to commuter chaos.
This is made worse by the fact that inter-town transport is only realistically achieved by car as especially down south all trains are made to go into London and then back out. Or make you travel to an interchange that's miles away from your destination and therefore costs more and takes longer.

3) Why is it that we're always being told there's not enough land to build houses on or to expand Road links but I can drive for hours around Surrey and Hampshire on single Lane A roads which have masses of unused land either side of them? Seems like the classic "nice idea but not in my back garden" with the rich and wealthy clearly exercising their influence. 90% of these roads have tailbacks and traffic jams that go on for miles but local authorities refuse to do anything about it. "use public transport" is a shite fallback excuse because it doesn't get you to where you want to go, when you want and for a reasonable cost.

Arghhhh I could rant forever. There's so much good about living in the UK and it's an amazing place as there's so much to see but politicians and bureaucrats are ruining its future.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00
      08-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #250
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Cant we raise a petition to ban lorries on the weekend on the motorway network.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #251
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Cant we raise a petition to ban lorries on the weekend on the motorway network.
I just checked the Government petition site and there a couple of petitions that are close, but they only have a few signatures....(added mine)

Ban lorries from overtaking on dual carriageways, and motorways between 7am-7pm
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/151379

Make all use & movement of HGV during peak times; 7-9am & 3-6pm illegal.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132232

I did not create this petition.....honest!

Train all cyclist's to use the roads safely.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/121668
Cyclists are vulnerable road users but don't help themselves. Cyclists should have to take a theory test, cycling test, a type of registration plate, made to wear safety equipment, have insurance and a certificate to say their bike is road worthy!
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #252
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
I washed & polished my car today & noticed this has happened since I last used it last weekend, must have happened whilst the missus was using the car
Just feel free to go bash your door into my car & leave a nice big chip. Fucking wankers
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-15-2016, 03:29 AM   #253
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I was going to upload some more dashcam footage here of crap driving I experienced this weekend but have started a new thread dedicated to it - feel free to check it out and start sharing your footage too!

Have requested admin make it a sticky thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294591
      08-15-2016, 05:19 AM   #254
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I washed & polished my car today & noticed this has happened since I last used it last weekend, must have happened whilst the missus was using the car
Just feel free to go bash your door into my car & leave a nice big chip. Fucking wankers
There is a deep pit in hell for people that do that.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13347.00
marc l0.00
      08-15-2016, 06:07 AM   #255
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
There is a deep pit in hell for people that do that.
Lol, Amen to that
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:28 PM   #256
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
So the missus takes the car to tescos, is waiting with indicator on to turn left. A women driving a Mercedes drives into the back of her. They pull over exchange details, the merc driver says she couldn't see my car as the sun was in her eyes!! Fucking unbelievable, she then goes on to say she drove into someone else last week & could we not go through insurance. That means me having to take the car to a couple of body shops to get quotes & then get the money from her to pay for repairs. What a fuking cheek, like I have nothing better to do with my time. Rear bumpers been pushed forward & she apparently said its only a little bump & shouldn't cost very much to get fixed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #257
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

What a nightmare run of bad luck including the mechanical issues. Hope that Merc driver does not mess you around. I wouldn't cut her an inch of slack to stump up the money quickly before notifying the insurance company.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 02:17 AM   #258
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ah that is awful. Worst part is if you did claim on insurance they'd push your premium up even though it's not your fault

Feel for you mate
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 05:16 AM   #259
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
So the missus takes the car to tescos, is waiting with indicator on to turn left. A women driving a Mercedes drives into the back of her. They pull over exchange details, the merc driver says she couldn't see my car as the sun was in her eyes!! Fucking unbelievable, she then goes on to say she drove into someone else last week & could we not go through insurance. That means me having to take the car to a couple of body shops to get quotes & then get the money from her to pay for repairs. What a fuking cheek, like I have nothing better to do with my time. Rear bumpers been pushed forward & she apparently said its only a little bump & shouldn't cost very much to get fixed
There's probably something dodgy. No license, no insurance. Banned driver. Drunk. Something like that...

I'm always worried that other shite drivers will be the ones the crash into me and cause me headaches...
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 06:38 AM   #260
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
There's probably something dodgy. No license, no insurance. Banned driver. Drunk. Something like that...

I'm always worried that other shite drivers will be the ones the crash into me and cause me headaches...
Or more likely on their mobile phone... will finally get around to buying my rear dashcam this month. Hope I never get hit by the tailgaters and phone users out there
      08-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #261
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the kind words.
I did a dvla check the fuckers have no tax or mot, so I guess they most likely don't have insurance. How do people get away with that??
I don't know how much a 57 plate c class 2.1 diesels worth, if it had been a £1000 old shiter that hit her it wouldn't have surprised me to find that to not be legal, but that merc must be worth 5/6k.

Bloody dieselists GRRRRR

Repair quotes are between £1800 & £2100 from 2 local body shops.
All because the missus wanted to buy a French stick & a bottle of red!!

Last edited by Chappers 71; 08-17-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #262
half Colin
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.
I did a dvla check the fuckers have no tax or mot, so I guess they most likely don't have insurance. How do people get away with that??
I don't know how much a 57 plate c class 2.1 diesels worth, if it had been a £1000 old shiter that hit her it wouldn't have surprised me to find that to not be legal, but that merc must be worth 5/6k.

Bloody dieselists GRRRRR

Repair quotes are between £1800 & £2100 from 2 local body shops.
All because the missus wanted to buy a French stick & a bottle of red!!
Given their circumstances, if I were you I would get straight on to your insurance and let them sort it. You could end up with no end of problems trying to get the cash out of them. If it was only a couple of 100 or so fair enough keeping it away from the insurance but not for around 2k. Particulary when you could end footing the bill yourself if they don't caught up.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #263
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
I have spoken with the woman's husband & am going around to the address given to the missus tomorrow with the quotes.
I Will give him a day to get the money for repairs to me, cash obviously & if I don't have the money by mid day Friday I will contact my insurers. I guess I will have to pay out my £400 excess if I have to go through insurance though & then have a claim on file for 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #264
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post

Soon as the missus told me they didn't want to go through insurance I thought something was amiss.
Appreciate 0