E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have a Rant Thread...

02-27-2016, 07:17 AM   #111
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
What dash cam do you use? Thanks. I need to invest in one. I saw a lady get hurt badly today because some moron was texting and driving. If I had it on cam then he'd surely get his just desserts.

I use a nextbase one - got it for £6 from tesco using clubcard points but usual price is like £50. really simple and decent quality video but the field of view is pretty limited. Worth it though, just need to save up and buy one for the rear. I've ranted about it before on here but sick of it now. Some stupid bint in her Audi A1 was tailgating me on Friday on my way into work and for a 50 year old lady I've never seen so much obscenity thrown my way as I gave up and pulled over to let her past. Bear in mind I was already doing 80 in a 60.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #112
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Im looking to get a Blacksys Ch-100B. It has front and rear cams, wifi, and an app. Looks pretty good
Appreciate 2
      02-27-2016, 05:23 PM   #113
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Im looking to get a Blacksys Ch-100B. It has front and rear cams, wifi, and an app. Looks pretty good
I've setup 2 mobius cams, front and rear. I have them set to power up when the cig lighter gets power. I do have a spare 3rd one which I can leave in motion detection mode but it's easier to just power the front one off a usb power stick when parking somewhere different.

I captured this last week. The vid has been converted from mov to mp4 to wmv so the original quality is much better. Full 1080p. Daylight recording is much better as well. Can't knock the cameras at £45 each.

GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #114
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Run flats are the biggest con of the century. I ditched mine yesterday. They weigh so much! I can't believe I brought into the scaremongering and let these bastards slow my car down so much! Man maths... A full set of Michellin run flats set me back 860 fitted. The Uniroyal RS3 cost me 240 fitted. For that price? 25,000 miles out of the Michellin ZP... I could replace a full set of tyres roughly three times and average more than 60,000 miles. No brainier to me. I can't believe these were murdering my suspension!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 01:28 PM   #115
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I've setup 2 mobius cams, front and rear. I have them set to power up when the cig lighter gets power. I do have a spare 3rd one which I can leave in motion detection mode but it's easier to just power the front one off a usb power stick when parking somewhere different.

I captured this last week. The vid has been converted from mov to mp4 to wmv so the original quality is much better. Full 1080p. Daylight recording is much better as well. Can't knock the cameras at £45 each.

Mobius are good cameras.

I just bought the Blacksys CH-100B, will be hardwiring it next week. I like that you can customise almost anything from the app, and the cam itself has voltage sensing, so no need for a power magic pro for parking mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 10:45 AM   #116
grahamjbarber
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo mk3 130 tdci

Not a month after installing an e-prance (front-facing, used an add-a-circuit to automate it with the ignition) I witnessed an accident, with the camera capturing it clear as day but the insurer didn't want to know (too long ago to remember the company, sadly), just wanted my written witness statement with a diagram. Seriously? A diagram? So you're not interested in this video footage that show's exactly what happened then, no?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #117
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamjbarber View Post
Not a month after installing an e-prance (front-facing, used an add-a-circuit to automate it with the ignition) I witnessed an accident, with the camera capturing it clear as day but the insurer didn't want to know (too long ago to remember the company, sadly), just wanted my written witness statement with a diagram. Seriously? A diagram? So you're not interested in this video footage that show's exactly what happened then, no?
Mine also said they wouldn't really be bothered (hastings premier) as it's not their policy to use footage. they also said my premium would go up by £300 if I fitted a tracker to my car!
Good to know we have a sensible, logical and consumer focused insurance industry in the UK
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #118
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just watching an episode of Police Interceptors. They got a new 530. To 'get used to driving a rear wheel drive' they take it out for a spin and were doing 120mpg on country roads. Not really bothered about that other than it's one rule for us and one rule for them. Can't believe it was shown on TV. Get caught on a dashcam and it would goodbye driving licence.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #119
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1
Just watching an episode of Police Interceptors. They got a new 530. To 'get used to driving a rear wheel drive' they take it out for a spin and were doing 120mpg on country roads. Not really bothered about that other than it's one rule for us and one rule for them. Can't believe it was shown on TV. Get caught on a dashcam and it would goodbye driving licence.
They break all the rules. My ex boss previously worked in the traffic police unit... He said in residential chases they are not supposed to do silly speeds like 60 in a 20 to catch a perp but many used to and this endangers more lives than it's worth.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #120
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
They break all the rules. My ex boss previously worked in the traffic police unit... He said in residential chases they are not supposed to do silly speeds like 60 in a 20 to catch a perp but many used to and this endangers more lives than it's worth.
Exactly. Not supposed to but who is going to enforce it. It's not until they hit somebody that they get a slap on the wrist.

So here's my latest rant.

On Sunday my wife wanted to hop into Morrisons to buy some flowers for my mum. It was about half an hour before closing so not too busy. I pull into a spot near the doors but with a path on my right and an empty space on my left.

I tell her. You nip in. I want to sit here to make sure nobody dings the car. People will be careful if I'm sat there right. That's what you'd think wouldn't you.
After a few seconds of convincing her to go ahead without me a white focus pulls up right next to me.

Ok I thought. I'm going to be interested now to see how he gets out of his car as he's about 30cm away from me.

Can you f'king believe it. Even with me and my wife clearly sat in the car this fat old guy with a rusty old focus begins trying to maneuver his fat ass out of the car banging against my door repeatedly. In disbelief I lean over and bang on my passenger side window and told him to be careful.

I think at this point he gave me the finger, shouted something in an aggressive manner and walked behind the car to get to the shop. I thought I heard him key my car but I think it must have been the zip on his clothes as he tried to fit between my car and his. You could see where the dust on the car was clearly wipped off where he'd contacted.

Thinking this I quickly got out of my car and again told him to be careful and please don't hit my car. Again he acted very aggressively and then gestured that he was going to kick my door with the heel of his foot.

I told him something like to calm down and just be careful and he then said 'He's between the white lines and well I've got to get out mate'

At that point he stormed off into the shop. I checked my car and luckily I couldn't see any marks. So then I have to move my car to one of the numerous empty spaces all over the car park as I didn't want to see him try and get his fat ass back in the car when now in a bad mood.

This is such a piss take and really makes my blood boil. He parks inches from me when there's spaces everywhere. He bangs his rusty car into me. I then have to move to avoid any damage. He acts aggressively towards me when he's the one being the dick. I hope Karma strikes that f**ker down!

p.s. The most ridiculous thing is he's giving it all that. He's about 65 to 70. Overweight and clearly not in good shape. Looked like a heavy smoker. About half a foot smaller than me. If he'd have kicked off things would not have gone well for him. I'm 34 and not claiming to be a cage fighter. Anyway I think you get the picture. What a ****!
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)

Last edited by AWSAWS; 03-08-2016 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #121
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

I would have been out of there long before his door got anywhere near my car.

On the subject of car parks..........................

Posted this some years ago, still makes me mad.

Maybe I shouldn't tell this story, bound to get , but a few months ago, a group of 8-12 year olds, told me "to move my fu*king car, we want to play cricket". I hasten to add this was in a public car park, which I had just paid to park in, done so for thirty years with no previous problems.

I ignored them, after all, they were only 8-12 year olds, and walked off to hear a banging noise, spun around to see one of them ramming my car with his mountain bike.

The next thing I knew he was laying about four car bays away, with the bike wrapped around his neck bawling his eyes out, not premeditated, it appears (according to witnesses) that I picked the bike up with him on it, and threw them across the car park. (I still have no recollection of anything between seeing him ram the car and seeing him on the floor with the bike around his neck).

It appears that the police had been called several times during the days before my incident, after complaints that they were playing cricket in a crowded car park with a REAL cricket ball , and had damaged several cars. The police confiscated the bat and ball, but immediately had to give them back when the parents went to the police station and asked for them back !

Needless to say I have not used the car park again, as me and the car are "marked men", once the little sh*t had stopped crying, he shouted to his mates, "go and get Azif and tell him to bring his gun and kill this white sh*t". Maybe bravado on his part, but remember he was only about 10 years old, a total and utter lack of respect for anyone or their property.

Not in any way proud of "loosing it", afterwards I realised, if he had landed on his head, I could have killed him. Very Scary !

It appears the "cricket team" have not been in that car park since, and no more damaged cars.

So maybe a short sharp shock does work.
Appreciate 2
      03-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #122
bazz780
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 330d m sport

I parked my car as usual and at least 3 feet away from the newish van in front, now my car has crooked number plate from being hit and left me really cheesed off!

Its an aluminium backed original plate from bmw that looks like shite now

Bloody retards
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 05:41 PM   #123
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

More arseholes on the road today, caught with my dashcam. Playing it back on my computer though one of them is good footage, the other not so much.

First: Some wanker in a range rover had a trailer with a bloody Vauxhall Vivaro on the back of it - destined for the scrapyard I hope. Anyway, he clearly didn't have a bloody clue what he was doing, the van and trailer were swerving dangerously all over the place as he overtook me and he went through periods of losing control and was half inside the hard shoulder at one point.
I decided to call 999 and report him, his exact location, the fact i'd caught him on my dashcam and as i'm sure you can guess....f*** all was done about it. I drove behind him for another 20 minutes and no cop car in sight. I can only hope if he did end up causing any damage it was only to the remaining part of his brain.

Second was some daft lady in her toyota aygo. Okay fine, it was a dark, unlit A road but then as my footage shows, there were numerous lane closure signs all the way along the road and most people could see them.
But of course, at quite literally the last second, she just followed the path of the cones, realised what was going on, panicked, slammed on the brakes despite me letting her into the lane. Panicked some more, moved forwards, brakes, moved forwards, braked, crawled along until the end of the cones (dashcam doesn't show this bit) and then she pulled over to the left and just decided to park up. On a 70mph road.

Where the f*** do these people come from? Who gives them a license? Why are they behind the wheel of a car and why is my insurance so f****ng high if they can get away with doing that?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #124
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

The amount of utter fuckwits that can't navigate roundabouts is astounding. Anyone would think aliens came down and installed them overnight. Nearly had some pleb drive into me today, just drifting between lanes. Not a care in the world. There's markings on the road FFS.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 02:53 AM   #125
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Exactly. Not supposed to but who is going to enforce it. It's not until they hit somebody that they get a slap on the wrist.

On Sunday my wife wanted to hop into Morrisons to buy some flowers for my mum. It was about half an hour before closing so not too busy. I pull into a spot near the doors but with a path on my right and an empty space on my left.

I tell her. You nip in. I want to sit here to make sure nobody dings the car. People will be careful if I'm sat there right. That's what you'd think wouldn't you.
After a few seconds of convincing her to go ahead without me a white focus pulls up right next to me.

Ok I thought. I'm going to be interested now to see how he gets out of his car as he's about 30cm away from me.

Can you f'king believe it. Even with me and my wife clearly sat in the car this fat old guy with a rusty old focus begins trying to maneuver his fat ass out of the car banging against my door repeatedly. In disbelief I lean over and bang on my passenger side window and told him to be careful.

I think at this point he gave me the finger, shouted something in an aggressive manner and walked behind the car to get to the shop. I thought I heard him key my car but I think it must have been the zip on his clothes as he tried to fit between my car and his. You could see where the dust on the car was clearly wipped off where he'd contacted.

Thinking this I quickly got out of my car and again told him to be careful and please don't hit my car. Again he acted very aggressively and then gestured that he was going to kick my door with the heel of his foot.

I told him something like to calm down and just be careful and he then said 'He's between the white lines and well I've got to get out mate'

At that point he stormed off into the shop. I checked my car and luckily I couldn't see any marks. So then I have to move my car to one of the numerous empty spaces all over the car park as I didn't want to see him try and get his fat ass back in the car when now in a bad mood.

This is such a piss take and really makes my blood boil. He parks inches from me when there's spaces everywhere. He bangs his rusty car into me. I then have to move to avoid any damage. He acts aggressively towards me when he's the one being the dick. I hope Karma strikes that f**ker down!

p.s. The most ridiculous thing is he's giving it all that. He's about 65 to 70. Overweight and clearly not in good shape. Looked like a heavy smoker. About half a foot smaller than me. If he'd have kicked off things would not have gone well for him. I'm 34 and not claiming to be a cage fighter. Anyway I think you get the picture. What a ****!
Never park near the supermarket entrance. Just too many fat lazy people who don't want to walk.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #126
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #127
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #128
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post

The police should be stopping dangerous drivers like that van on the trailer.

Plus how those cones come as a surprise after the numerous warning signs from at least a quarter mile out is a joke. Yet I bet they pay less for their insurance than I do. Who's more dangerous?
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #129
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Here's another idiot I caught on monday at the big 'marble arch' roundabout in Farnborough.
What really pissed me off was she didn't apologise or speed up, just pulled out in front of me and tottered along the road like it was a sunday afternoon

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:15 AM   #130
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post
Here's another idiot I caught on monday at the big 'marble arch' roundabout in Farnborough.
What really pissed me off was she didn't apologise or speed up, just pulled out in front of me and tottered along the road like it was a sunday afternoon

Morons on roundabouts. I hate to say it but all too often it's women drivers who seem to be the worst offenders.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #131
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post

I would have smacked the old cunt back to the grave...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 07:54 AM   #132
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
I would have been out of there long before his door got anywhere near my car.

On the subject of car parks..........................

Posted this some years ago, still makes me mad.

Maybe I shouldn't tell this story, bound to get , but a few months ago, a group of 8-12 year olds, told me "to move my fu*king car, we want to play cricket". I hasten to add this was in a public car park, which I had just paid to park in, done so for thirty years with no previous problems.

I ignored them, after all, they were only 8-12 year olds, and walked off to hear a banging noise, spun around to see one of them ramming my car with his mountain bike.

The next thing I knew he was laying about four car bays away, with the bike wrapped around his neck bawling his eyes out, not premeditated, it appears (according to witnesses) that I picked the bike up with him on it, and threw them across the car park. (I still have no recollection of anything between seeing him ram the car and seeing him on the floor with the bike around his neck).

It appears that the police had been called several times during the days before my incident, after complaints that they were playing cricket in a crowded car park with a REAL cricket ball , and had damaged several cars. The police confiscated the bat and ball, but immediately had to give them back when the parents went to the police station and asked for them back !

Needless to say I have not used the car park again, as me and the car are "marked men", once the little sh*t had stopped crying, he shouted to his mates, "go and get Azif and tell him to bring his gun and kill this white sh*t". Maybe bravado on his part, but remember he was only about 10 years old, a total and utter lack of respect for anyone or their property.

Not in any way proud of "loosing it", afterwards I realised, if he had landed on his head, I could have killed him. Very Scary !

It appears the "cricket team" have not been in that car park since, and no more damaged cars.

So maybe a short sharp shock does work.
i don't discriminate...young or old...male or female...

if they look for it, they gona get it. ...these scumbags need to get tortured...
Appreciate 0