E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > High Frequency Noise

02-11-2024, 12:17 PM   #1
e90330i_pos
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Manual

High Frequency Noise

Hey Everyone,
This is my first time posting on here so bare with me if I don’t give enough information. My car over the last few months has been developing this high frequency electronic sounding noise coming from the front right of the car. When veering off to the left or under braking you can hear this noise. It happens just about every time the front right suspension has load. Sometimes it doesn’t make the sound at all and sometimes it’s really annoying but I can’t find any forums that mention my exact problem. Attached is the link to the video of the noise.

Car is a 2006 330i RWD Manual

Video of sound
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 03:00 AM   #2
P14kle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91

I think it might be the blower motor in the dash. I sometimes had a similar noise when setting off from dead cold in cooler temps.
Try it with blower switched off?
Maybe drip some oil onto the top of the fan spindle through the hole under the pollen filter housing.
Take the pollen filter housing tray off under the bonnet, and you will see the top of the blower motor down one of the holes/inlets. Easier than trying to remove whole motor from under the dash. Search the site, there is a how to on here somewhere I believe.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 06:17 AM   #3
e90330i_pos
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Manual

A mechanic buddy of mine had the same hypothesis and I think you guys are right, thanks!
Appreciate 0