E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > **The Astra (a.k.a. Miss325) Thread **

08-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #133
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
was thinking about a radenergie engine cover and strut brace...
that would be
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #134
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Hey Astra ... The intake looks great. Where is it getting it's cold air feed from now as it looks like its butted up to the headlght ?? Are you going to re-route the origional air feed to the front of the new intake with some silicone tubing.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 01:30 AM   #135
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
well the original airbox was only geting air through something the size of a drinking straw... bt now it is getting air from around the bonnet gap and headlight... has to be a whole lot more healthy now that it has this... it feels like it can actally breathe now, and it revs nicer and easier too

wasn't considdering re-roting anything, as i plan to put the original airbox back in when i take the car to the stealership next, which is coming up soon...
      08-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #136
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Looking good!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #137
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep

I think the reason why it revs nicer, easier and actually breathe better now is more due to the fact that the air is flowing directly into the filter assembly rather than entering and then hitting a series of twists and turns to arrive at the filter. On my previous car I tossed out a "resonator" box it had on the intake before the filter box and replaced it with a straight flowing pipe that was on the GTA model. This made a huge difference to sound and performance while still using the standard air box. The car came alive and I suspect I can also acheive a similar situation with the E90. Love the CF though!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #138
BLOWN
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 330Ci

Looks nice Kim.

Also I showed Mick (Merc) how your BM is rolling now and he loved it
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #139
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
I think the reason why it revs nicer, easier and actually breathe better now is more due to the fact that the air is flowing directly into the filter assembly rather than entering and then hitting a series of twists and turns to arrive at the filter. On my previous car I tossed out a "resonator" box it had on the intake before the filter box and replaced it with a straight flowing pipe that was on the GTA model. This made a huge difference to sound and performance while still using the standard air box. The car came alive and I suspect I can also acheive a similar situation with the E90. Love the CF though!!!
precicely the irbox was only getting air throgh something teh size of a large straw before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN View Post
Looks nice Kim.

Also I showed Mick (Merc) how your BM is rolling now and he loved it
the merc with blaring chipmunks? all in good fun

got new wheels?

and i see in my absense i have missed a great deal of action in one certian closed thread.......
      09-04-2007, 03:50 AM   #140
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
did a new mod over the weekend...

some bastard went and jacked my wheels!

thought i would take a pic of the coilovers and sway bars while i had the wheels off, as i didn't get a chance to when they were fresh on...

and the whole point of it... limited edition centercaps (the ones that come on all the super duper bbs wheels)... well worth the money, cos they make the wheels look so much deeper and bring out the bling

to put these bastard center caps on the wheels had to be taken off so that you could push them out from the back, took all afternoon, and the jack didn't fit properly under my car, apparently bmw doesn't expect their cars to be lowered lol
      09-04-2007, 05:09 AM   #141
BLOWN
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 330Ci

They look so much hotter now. Good work 99 . Come cruising with me...I've got to run my car in some how.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #142
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Astra,

Looks great, what settings are you running on your Pss9's?

Thanks,

S
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #143
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN View Post
They look so much hotter now. Good work 99 . Come cruising with me...I've got to run my car in some how.
thanks! they stand out a lot more now i think, but they took a bit to put on

organise a cruise and i will

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
Astra,

Looks great, what settings are you running on your Pss9's?

Thanks,

S
i have the pss so other then height, no dampening adjustments, but i have them about half way down at the moment, when i take it to a show i am going to lower it, then bring it back up for the road
      12-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #144
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Done alot of things with the car since i have last posted here...

I slammed it for a show, and then brought it back up. Unfortunately i didn't take note of the height it was at previous to lowering, so now it is riding like a truck! lol

In the engine bay - the new strut brace and engine cover...

And the AC Schnitzer bodykit...

And a few more for good measure...

Woooo, tucked ftw! I wish it was this low again... But i know i would rip the splitters (there was probably about 6 cm ground clearance on the front)...

12-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #145
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

OMG

What a transformation. Looks brilliant Astra. The red in the engine bay looks incredible. Did you win?

(Is that you and some friends in the 5th photo?)

Cheers,

CaptOz
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #146
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep

That red engine cover is very sexy. The ACS kit looks the business. No question the car has always and continues to look hot. Well done!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #147
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
OMG

What a transformation. Looks brilliant Astra. The red in the engine bay looks incredible. Did you win?

(Is that you and some friends in the 5th photo?)

Cheers,

CaptOz
Oh thanks... That engine cover is a bastard to install cos of where the screws are positioned (right back under the filter thing)... But no i didn't win... I didn't have chrome dubz or tribal graphics lol

And no, the skanks are not my friends... damn leaning on my car half the weekend After a coat of polish, 2 coats of wax, and then a coat of final inspection, with more the next day - i don't like people leaning on the car!

Quote:
That red engine cover is very sexy. The ACS kit looks the business. No question the car has always and continues to look hot. Well done!!!
Thanks for the kind words vgr

More red to come, lol... Brembos soon
      12-18-2007, 03:37 AM   #148
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Well the day is finally here, the front Brembos are finally on their way! (I have had the rears for a while now...) How exciting

12-18-2007, 04:11 AM   #149
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Well the day is finally here, the front Brembos are finally on their way! (I have had the rears for a while now...) How exciting
Perhaps Santa will deliver them.

Cheers,

CaptOz
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:15 AM   #150
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

NICE!!! Very tastefully done
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #151
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep

Santa may get held up at customs clearence stage but I do hope you get them before Christmas. Nothing worst than knowing your shipment is in Australia but you cant get your hands on it. Fingers crossed for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #152
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I checked on them this morning and they are finaly on a flight over here, but will be landing in melbourne I think, then making their way to Sydney... Does anyone know if BAX uses comercial flights, or uses FedEx's planes or something? Cos they are on a United flight of all things?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
Perhaps Santa will deliver them.

Cheers,

CaptOz
Lol, I don't care who brings them, but I am so sick of waiting for them now after all the hassles that a hobo could bring them and I wouldn't care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
NICE!!! Very tastefully done
Thanks

Quote:
Santa may get held up at customs clearence stage but I do hope you get them before Christmas. Nothing worst than knowing your shipment is in Australia but you cant get your hands on it. Fingers crossed for you.
Yeh like last time with my back brakes... They held them in their office and didn't tell me, then rang me and said that if I didn't pay their fees that they would be sent back within the day (they chose to ring me at 4pm)... Bastards
      12-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #153
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep

Bax / Shienker have their own planes but also use commercial flights. My wheels went via Hong Kong as they were on a Cathay Paciic flight and took 7 days to arrive in Brisbane from when they were picked up. After 3 days they arrived I hadn't heard from Bax so I called them and only then did they start to clear them through customs. If I was bringing them in via a company name then I'm sure it would have priority but then I also would have been hit with GST. As soon as they land, contact them to speed it up and I'm sure they will allow you to pick the parcel up.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #154
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Interesting...

I was told by the guy who is shipping them to me that BAX was going to be the quickest, now I find that hard to believe after reading what you just wrote vgr!

I looked up their flight number and I THINK it means that the package will be ariving aroun 9am tomorrow morning... Since they are coming from LA, and the flight number that I found, I think it is a direct flight.This is what it says; UA 59985822 FLT UA0839/18 ETA SYD 0940/20

Do they use their own couriers? Or do they use a third party?