E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Flat Earth Society

02-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
The Flat Earth Society

I think this is hilarious, there are a number of people who truly believe that the earth is flat and is surrounded by a giant ring of ice...hahaha....here's what they believe the Earth looks like as well as a "scientific explanation" to the suns orbit. They believe that there is no such thing as gravity and that the entire flat Earth is accelerating at a rate of 9.8 m/s instead..lol....PLEASE check out their forums I can't stop laughing

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
unless you have personally gone to space, seen the earth as a sphere,all we can do is listen and beleivewe are told. im not saying the world is flat, god no.

but we are taught what THEY want us to think. we are taught that the world is round, we are taught that the world is by teachers, who read out of a text book. obviously, the text had to originate somewhere, and someone had to write the theorys and shit down. i mean, back in teh day, "they" said weed would make you kill your brother upon the first toke, then make you commit suicid. and back then, people didnt know any better, so they beleived it.

thanks to "them" many lives were and still are being ruined. sometimes, i dont know what to beleive. but its one thing i KNOW --> when it comes to marijuana, the government calls them facts, but i call them lies.
      02-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
ohhhhhh boy. Heres their reasoning for "world dominance by the jews"

Quote:
The conspiracy was started by Semites (Egyptians) who sought to control the world by convincing the worlds population that the future can be seen in the movements of the heavenly bodies. The Semites then destroyed the sun, moon and stars with primitive rockets powered by the rapid release of gases created by fermenting yeast. The Semites then created artificial lighter then air satellites that we know as the current sun, moon and stars. The movements of these satellites are controlled by a secret organization of Semites (mostly Jews and some Egyptians) that use them to influence society, culture, and world markets through the psychological effects of horoscopes.

The ultimate goal of the conspiracy is clear: to bring the entire world under the control of the Jew.
      02-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Kilockel
I like monkeys.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet black 2006 BMW E90 330i

Actually, I'm fairly convinced that nobody on that site actually believes the Earth is flat. Many board members will state that the actual number of believers that visit that forum is about 5%, however I think that's GROSSLY overestimated.

It's just a site for people to learn debate. If you can convince someone the Earth is flat, even when they "know" it isn't, you can convince anyone of anything.

That being said, there are some interesting points brought up, but none of which can be discredited after a thorough (in some cases not so thorough) brainstorm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster
unless you have personally gone to space, seen the earth as a sphere,all we can do is listen and beleivewe are told. im not saying the world is flat, god no.

but we are taught what THEY want us to think. we are taught that the world is round, we are taught that the world is by teachers, who read out of a text book. obviously, the text had to originate somewhere, and someone had to write the theorys and shit down. i mean, back in teh day, "they" said weed would make you kill your brother upon the first toke, then make you commit suicid. and back then, people didnt know any better, so they beleived it.

thanks to "them" many lives were and still are being ruined. sometimes, i dont know what to beleive. but its one thing i KNOW --> when it comes to marijuana, the government calls them facts, but i call them lies.
Please don't take this the wrong way!

This thread isn't about marijuana, and even if it were, I'd like to point out that this board is frequented by people from all over the world. Don't just say "the government," be specific. It's these brash generalizations that cause so many indiscretions between people. That being said, I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with what you said, as that's for another thread. However, lets not do that either, because this has been exhaustingly argued and discussed. It never gets anywhere. I never say this about anything, but it's probably best for everyone to keep their opinions to themselves about marijuana.

Also, severe depression (read: increased suicide rates) has been attributed to post marijuana use. Look into it, it's actually pretty interesting. (I'm assuming from one of your comments that you did NOT believe in/know about this.)

Back on topic a bit: We can know a lot of things. We knew the Earth was flat at one point in time. We knew that we were the center of the universe. I could go on and on with that list, but you get the point. What we "know" is constantly evolving and growing because we never have all the information about any subject, and we probably never will. Basically, believe whatever you want to believe. It's your world, and nobody can tell you different. That being said, it's a pretty good bet to say that whatever you know is wrong. However, it's nice to hear what other people think (know), and entertain their thoughts. Information is a wonderful thing.

Last edited by Kilockel; 02-21-2008 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
ohhhhhh boy. Heres their reasoning for "world dominance by the jews"
Quote:
The conspiracy was started by Semites (Egyptians) who sought to control the world by convincing the worlds population that the future can be seen in the movements of the heavenly bodies. The Semites then destroyed the sun, moon and stars with primitive rockets powered by the rapid release of gases created by fermenting yeast. The Semites then created artificial lighter then air satellites that we know as the current sun, moon and stars. The movements of these satellites are controlled by a secret organization of Semites (mostly Jews and some Egyptians) that use them to influence society, culture, and world markets through the psychological effects of horoscopes.

The ultimate goal of the conspiracy is clear: to bring the entire world under the control of the Jew.
Holy hell... I knew it was the Jews...

This is just further proof that Humans are So pathetically desperate to somehow make themselves matter as a species and as individuals that they will subscribe to the most ludicrous of Fairy tales if they offer but a small tidbit that can comfort on a dark night or ease the fear of death... It's sad, sad that humans haven't evolved beyond this childlike need for some over arching grandparent figure/figures...

Hell we have large groups of folks swearing that a Sci-Fi Author has the answers... Or that Magic underwear is somehow useful. It's sad that so many, can be so blind, so unable to cope that they require Mysticism and fairy tales to feel better...

Just remember it's the Jews Fault... Them Pesky Jews...
      02-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilockel View Post
Also, severe depression (read: increased suicide rates) has been attributed to post marijuana use. Look into it, it's actually pretty interesting. (I'm assuming from one of your comments that you did NOT believe in/know about this.)
My roommate got 200% lazier when he bumped his smoking from 3 dayss a week to twice a day. I don't think it makes you make bad decisions, or even get depressed or anything but DAMN does it make you lazy.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
My roommate got 200% lazier when he bumped his smoking from 3 dayss a week to twice a day. I don't think it makes you make bad decisions, or even get depressed or anything but DAMN does it make you lazy.
it depends on the kind of weed you are smoking. there are two types of strains, sativa, and indica. indicas induce a more narcotic feeling, heavy eyes, reversed gravity (feels like), etc. Sativas are more of a hyper high. you become motivated, focused, and you would be more inclined to deeper thinking.

as for suicide rates increasing? im not convinced with it. every person smokes, with different habits. every single one of those tests, ive questioned their data and their legitimacy. there are several reasons why i question the studies that claim that it increases it the risk of suicide. im just not satisfied with the conditions. usually the population taken is way to small, and the control population is questionable.

ill give a better detailed description about sativas vs indicas later. i gotta run.

cheers
      02-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
He had to be a lazy mother fucker to begin with.

I'd say the majority of pot smokers aren't lazy and have succesful careers. I have found the least likely people you would suspect of smoking weed, do.
Appreciate 0